• 145(current)
Release skin helper service
There is a problem with readme, no ? It's the same path :

+
+________________________________________________________________________________________________________
+
+##### Unaired episodes
+```
+plugin://script.skin.helper.service/?action=unairedepisodes&reload=$INFO[Window(Home).Property(widgetreload2)]
+```
+Provides a listing for episodes for tvshows in the Kodi library that are airing within the next 2 months.
+
+CAUTION: Requires script.module.thetvdb which is not yet in any repo (BETA stage), get it from github for now.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________

+##### Next airing episodes
+```
+plugin://script.skin.helper.service/?action=unairedepisodes&reload=$INFO[Window(Home).Property(widgetreload2)]
+```
+Provides the next unaired episode for each tvshow in the library which is airing within the next 2 months.
+
+CAUTION: Requires script.module.thetvdb which is not yet in any repo (BETA stage), get it from github for now.
+________________________________________
+_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
+

Must be 'plugin://script.skin.helper.service/?action=nextairedepisodes&reload=$INFO[Window(Home).Property(widgetreload2)]'

Is it possible to show aired date from this content ? I use it for my widget.
 Estuary MOD V2 
Hi All,

A log was posted on the TvTunes Screensaver forum and there are a lot of script errors coming from the "Skin Helper Service", didn't know if it was of any help.

The post is here:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2383415

And a direct link to the log:

http://pastebin.com/dysAnG3R

Thanks

Rob
hi marcel,

just a question, do skinhelper re-check the media sometime if new Art/Albums are added?

I added a few new CD's to my Lib, and noticed that they dont show up, if the Artist is already present, via SkinHelper.Music.Albums.Formatted, you need to wipe the catch to make them appear, maby I was just
impatient? :>

also i get
Code:
Skin Helper Service --> MusicBrainz ERROR (servers busy?) - temporary disabling musicbrainz lookups (fallback to theaudiodb)
17:23:21 T:140234901677824   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
17:23:21 T:140234901677824   ERROR:   File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.skin.helper.service/resources/lib/ArtworkUtils.py", line 992, in getMusicBrainzId
17:23:21 T:140234901677824   ERROR:     MBalbums = m.search_release_groups(query=single_urlencode(try_encode(album)),limit=1,offset=None, strict=False, artist=single_urlencode(try_encode(artist)))
17:23:21 T:140234901677824   ERROR:   File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.skin.helper.service/resources/lib/musicbrainzngs/musicbrainz.py", line 954, in search_release_groups
17:23:21 T:140234901677824   ERROR:     return _do_mb_search('release-group', query, fields, limit, offset, strict)
17:23:21 T:140234901677824   ERROR:   File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.skin.helper.service/resources/lib/musicbrainzngs/musicbrainz.py", line 763, in _do_mb_search
17:23:21 T:140234901677824   ERROR:     return _do_mb_query(entity, '', [], params)
17:23:21 T:140234901677824   ERROR:   File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.skin.helper.service/resources/lib/musicbrainzngs/musicbrainz.py", line 705, in _do_mb_query
17:23:21 T:140234901677824   ERROR:     return _mb_request(path, 'GET', auth_required, args=args)
17:23:21 T:140234901677824   ERROR:   File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.skin.helper.service/resources/lib/musicbrainzngs/musicbrainz.py", line 394, in __call__
17:23:21 T:140234901677824   ERROR:     return self.fun(*args, **kwargs)
17:23:21 T:140234901677824   ERROR:   File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.skin.helper.service/resources/lib/musicbrainzngs/musicbrainz.py", line 667, in _mb_request
17:23:21 T:140234901677824   ERROR:     resp = _safe_read(opener, req, body)
17:23:21 T:140234901677824   ERROR:   File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.skin.helper.service/resources/lib/musicbrainzngs/musicbrainz.py", line 514, in _safe_read
17:23:21 T:140234901677824   ERROR:     raise NetworkError("retried %i times" % max_retries, last_exc)
17:23:21 T:140234901677824   ERROR: NetworkError: retried 6 times, caused by: HTTP Error 503: Service Temporarily Unavailable
17:26:28 T:140234901677824  NOTICE: Skin Helper Service --> getMusicArtwork LastFM lookup failed --> 'mbid'

because MB server are still kinda broken?!
would be nice if we could add a Mirror in the Music art options
(2016-07-14, 22:53)Guilouz Wrote: When I create my shortcut for my widget here, widget not working. Normal there is no item in this folder.

Just need folder for 'Trackt', 'Rotten Tomatoes' and 'MovieDB'.

When there is a sublevel detected, it will follow the default skinshortcuts behaviour of probing the path.
So, just enter the entry and select the "Use as widget". That should work fine.
(2016-07-18, 20:34)mikpj Wrote: I have been over these errors.
I really am trying to figure this out by myself but grrrrrr. any help is appreciated:
Your system is messed up, missing files.
Perform a reinstall instead of manually copying over files and stuff.
(2016-07-24, 19:52)im85288 Wrote: I'm experiencing something particular strange in that if I navigate to the video library using the standard method from the home menu (ie ActivateWindow(Videos,MovieTitles,return) ) then everything works correctly such as having the skin helper properties populated. However if I navigate to the same action via a custom window (in this case a movie hub) then nothing is populated....I cannot think of any logical reason as to what would be different/causing this to happen.

Are you using the WidgetContainer property to populate the properties for your custom container(s) ?
In that case make sure to flush that property once you navigate away from your custom window.
(2016-07-27, 19:31)Solo0815 Wrote: I have several questions and a FR:
1. Where do I have to set "SkinHelper.EnablePVRThumbs"? Is this correct?
<SkinHelper.EnablePVRThumbs>true</SkinHelper.EnablePVRThumbs>

2. VDR does not create Thumbnails for recordings, but I think skinhelper does. They are shown in "Recent Recordings" in AeonNox.Silvo. Which codesnippet do I need to display these thumbs in a skin? I tried
http://localhost:52307/getpvrthumb&amp;title=$INFO[Container(50).ListItem.Title]&amp;channel=$INFO[ListItem.ChannelName]&amp;type=poster
and it works to display "Poster". But if skinhelper does not find a poster the skin shows nothing. Do I have to use "type=Thumbnail" instead?

1) I believe your first question has already been answered, right ?

2) You can specify multiple artwork types, specify them in the order you want them to show up, seperated by a comma. Also you can specify a fallback:

http://localhost:52307/getpvrthumb&amp;title=$INFO[ListItem.Title]&amp;channel=$INFO[ListItem.ChannelName]&amp;type=poster,thumb&amp;fallback=myfallbackimage.png
Strange situation with PVR Artwork in folder for one evant.
I have cdart.png and disc.png in pvrdetails.xml
Code:
<discart>special://profile/addon_data/script.skin.helper.service/pvrthumbs/Three Days of the Condor/cdart.png</discart>
downloaded cdart for this evant is broken.
after start from context menu PVR Artwork-Auto -refresh item (Auto lookup)
all back to normal and kodi show disc...ad pvrdetails.xml now change this line for discart.
Code:
    <discart>http://assets.fanart.tv/fanart/movies/11963/moviedisc/three-days-of-the-condor-56ce53360b9d2.png</discart>

Can you change insted of "/cdart.png</discart>" in pvrdetails.xml first choise to be "/disc.png</discart>",or remove cdart for pvr.
Now after open new evant need to open auto lookup to have discart.this hapend for all movie evant for PVR.
versin SSHS is 1.0.95
here is code for discart ....both

https://github.com/marcelveldt/script.sk...ils.py#L50
is this need to have both discart ?

edit: I remove one of them and working now ok
I remove this
Code:
,("discart","disc.png")
XBoxMediaCenter (Kodi Matrix ) 19.3 , AndroidBox -Matrix Skin AeonMQ6
Hey Marcel,

Dunno if this is an issue on your or skinshortcuts side, but smartish widget paths aren't adjusted for Krypton yet (VideoLibrary -> Videos, ... ).
Main: Lancool II Mesh  - Ryzen 9 5900x - MSI x570 Unify - Zotac RTX 3080 AMP HOLO - 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 -  EVO 960 M.2 250GB / EVO 940 250GB / MX100 512GB /  Crucial P1 2TB / WD Blue 3D Nand 2TB 
Sound: Saxx AS30 DSP - Beyer Dynamic Custom One Pro 
TV: Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro- Adalight 114x LEDs - Sony 65XG9505 - Kodi / Emby - Yamaha RX-V683 - Heco Victa 700/101/251a + Dynavoice Magic FX-4
Server: i3 Skylake - 8GB - OMV4 - 22TB Storage
(2016-07-31, 10:20)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2016-07-24, 19:52)im85288 Wrote: I'm experiencing something particular strange in that if I navigate to the video library using the standard method from the home menu (ie ActivateWindow(Videos,MovieTitles,return) ) then everything works correctly such as having the skin helper properties populated. However if I navigate to the same action via a custom window (in this case a movie hub) then nothing is populated....I cannot think of any logical reason as to what would be different/causing this to happen.

Are you using the WidgetContainer property to populate the properties for your custom container(s) ?
In that case make sure to flush that property once you navigate away from your custom window.

Awesome, yes I was using a widget container property and had not cleared it! Thanks for the heads up Smile
(2016-07-31, 10:17)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2016-07-14, 22:53)Guilouz Wrote: When I create my shortcut for my widget here, widget not working. Normal there is no item in this folder.

Just need folder for 'Trackt', 'Rotten Tomatoes' and 'MovieDB'.

When there is a sublevel detected, it will follow the default skinshortcuts behaviour of probing the path.
So, just enter the entry and select the "Use as widget". That should work fine.

No not working ^^

Image Folders are ok.

Image If I use as widget here it's ok.

Image If I use as widget here. Not working.
 Estuary MOD V2 
Hi Marcel,

Just a quick one, for the new tvdb addon (in beta) maybe it would be better for those calls to be using the new addon ID rather than skin helper.

Cheers
Heads up for all skinners that are using the skinhelper addon.
I'm in the process of (slowly) migrating stuff into seperated addons and module libraries for better code maintenance.

In the future this means that several parts of the skinhelper features can be used as a seperated addon or as module/library for other addons.
It may seam more complicated to have multiple smaller addons/modules instead of one large one but it allows me to better maintain the code and allows for more flexibility. For example, if you only need a color picker you can just only use the colorpicker addon instead of having to use the whole skinhelper addon.

The current skinhelper addon will stay to exist as the "parent addon", including all modules so nothing will have to be changed skinning-side.

Atm it's a little problematic maybe if you are using the latest version from Git. In that case you'll have to make to also download the new modules untill those are added to the Kodi repo.

At time of writing there are already 2 new modules added to my Github repo: script.module.thetvdb and script.module.musicbrainz
Make sure to install those on your Kodi install before trying to update skinhelper from Github.

The following weeks I will be busy migrating code and while at it, making sure to do some code review/optimimalisations.
I'll notify here once things are in place. Offcourse all new scripts and modules come with a readme on Git and will be added to the Kodi repo.

If there are no objections I will add this to the Jarvis (and up) Kodi repo, meaning that Helix and Isengard will not be updated and stay on the old, current version.
(2016-07-29, 14:47)robwebset Wrote: A log was posted on the TvTunes Screensaver forum and there are a lot of script errors coming from the "Skin Helper Service", didn't know if it was of any help.

Thanks for the headsup Rob.
The errors are all known (and caugth by the scripts). Seems that his skin is calling the script with params that do not yet exist on the Kodi repo version of the scripts (as the update is pending). Will be worked out once the scrip updates on the repo.

Musicbrainz errors are also fine, they had some server issues last weeks.
(2016-07-30, 00:49)meowmoo Wrote: just a question, do skinhelper re-check the media sometime if new Art/Albums are added?

I added a few new CD's to my Lib, and noticed that they dont show up, if the Artist is already present, via SkinHelper.Music.Albums.Formatted, you need to wipe the catch to make them appear, maby I was just
impatient? :>

also i get
Code:
Skin Helper Service --> MusicBrainz ERROR (servers busy?) - temporary disabling musicbrainz lookups (fallback to theaudiodb)
because MB server are still kinda broken?!
would be nice if we could add a Mirror in the Music art options

1) Yes, if new content is added or an existing item altered, the addon will clear the cache and rescrape. At least, that's how I coded it ;-)

2) Musicbrainz indeed had some server issues but those should be fixed, although I believe they've hardened the rate limiting a bit more.
Current Git version of the script contains setting to use a MB mirror. Be aware that if you want to test the latest Git you'll also need some new modules from my Github.

BTW: I guess that your issue no.1 was because of the failing MB servers last few weeks.
  • 145(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
skin helper service18