• 256(current)
Release skin helper service
I hope marcel makes this possible.. Smile
Where do I enter a tvdb api key? On my api screen I only see tmdb, omdb and fanart.tv.
im sure this must have been asked before in this 200+ site long thread but obviously i dont have the time to scroll threw everything. 

ive issues with the skin helper widgets settings. 

in the horizon skin ive 8 widgets per menu point. 

lets say in the movie libary i set the first widget to all movies in libary and the second widgets to movie sets. 

i like ut but then i go back and change movie sets to new movies. 

the skin displays it. but the backend doesnt. it still says the widget is movie sets. 

the other issue i have that i cant delete some items. 

lets say i delete new movies. the skin shows it but in the backend the second widget still says its there. 

at first this isnt an issue. but if uve multiple widgets per menu entry and u then go back to change stuff u dont know what is what cause it isnt displayed anymore. 

i deleted the include skin helper widgets folder and install skin helper widgets new and ran a skin restore but all i get is errors. in the end i gad to put in the old folder again. 

anything i can do? a trick? 

thx in advance
Still having issues with the PVR recent recordings widget. All available options to get the images are enabled but with some recordings no custom folder is made at all and because of that I only see a black thumb in the widget. This happens with the Dutch tv shows NOS Studio Sport Eredivisie and Voetbal Inside for example.
Also some recordings will get a folder with the episode name in it and because of that my own images have no use because it will be every time a different folder. For example, yesterday I recorded meisje van plezier again and for that a folder like this was automaticly made a few weeks ago. Meisje Van Plezier - [2017]. In that folder I placed my own images for that recording and after deleting the simplecache.db that images were displayed just fine. Yesterday the recording for Meisje van plezier generated a folder like this, Meisje Van Plezier - [2017] - Aflevering 6. Why can't it just keep one folder for all recordings from the same serie or tv show? And why are for some recordings no folders generated even when all options are enabled?
Some recordings have no images found but a folder was made. When I add a folder manually for this not generated recordings it won't be used the next time.

I hope this makes any sense?

Thanks
Hi Marcel,

I try to use Kodi setting functionnality with this but not working :

Code:
<onload>RunScript(script.skin.helper.service,action=setkodisetting,setting=subtitles.align,value=3)</onload>
<onunload>RunScript(script.skin.helper.service,action=setkodisetting,setting=subtitles.align,value=1)</onunload>

I want to move subtitles to top when my video OSD is open.

In guisettings.xml :

Code:
<setting id="subtitles.align">1</setting>

Value 0 is Fixed
Value 1 is Bottom of video
Value 2 is Below video
Value 3 is Top of video
Value 4 is Above video
 Estuary MOD V2 
Hi Marcel

I'm seeing this error in Kodi 17.4 with the Kodi repo version of skin helper service, any ideas?
Code:
13:50:41.471 T:139889043379968   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                            - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                           Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
                                           Error Contents: cannot import name KodiDb
                                           Traceback (most recent call last):
                                             File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.skin.helper.service/plugin.py", line 10, in <module>
                                               from resources.lib.plugin_content import PluginContent
                                             File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.skin.helper.service/resources/lib/plugin_content.py", line 17, in <module>
                                               from metadatautils import KodiDb, Tmdb, get_clean_image, process_method_on_list
                                           ImportError: cannot import name KodiDb
                                           -->End of Python script error report<--
13:50:41.481 T:139891639838464   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://script.skin.helper.service/?action=alphabet&reload=0
13:50:41.855 T:139889034987264  NOTICE: PLEX.default: plugin.video.plexkodiconnect stopped
13:50:42.068 T:139889043379968   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                            - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                           Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
                                           Error Contents: cannot import name KodiDb
                                           Traceback (most recent call last):
                                             File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.skin.helper.service/plugin.py", line 10, in <module>
                                               from resources.lib.plugin_content import PluginContent
                                             File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.skin.helper.service/resources/lib/plugin_content.py", line 17, in <module>
                                               from metadatautils import KodiDb, Tmdb, get_clean_image, process_method_on_list
                                           ImportError: cannot import name KodiDb
                                           -->End of Python script error report<--
13:50:42.082 T:139889194387200  NOTICE: script.tv.show.next.aired: ### TV Show - Next Aired starting GUI proc (6.0.15)
13:50:42.083 T:139891639838464   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://script.skin.helper.service/?action=alphabet&reload=6
(2017-10-07, 11:38)VikkiXavier Wrote: Is there a way to save the metacritic ratings/ revenue/ budget details so that I dont have to wait for the info to load everytime I run kodi?

bump.
Hi Marcel,
I've posted a couple of times previously about problems with the custom PVR folder not really working as expected. Haven't tried using a custom folder for a while and don't have a lot of artwork currently sitting in my custom folder, but just tried using it again this morning and none of the artwork in this folder is getting picked up by the SHS script against the corresponding programme data in the guide.

I'm also noticing that when manually selecting artwork, any artwork I try to select is causing Kodi to now crash. I've recently upgraded to Kodi 18 Leia on Windows if that makes any difference?

One final question I wanted to ask. Are fallback commands still supported when using SHS. Have been using this code as an example with both Jarvis and Krypton with no problem, but when using the same code with Leia, the fallback is not working:-

PHP Code:
<label fallback="Not listed">$INFO[Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItem.Director)]</label
As ever, any feedback/help is much appreciated.
Cheers

EDIT: Scrub the last question about fallback, solved by creating a variable
I am noticing pretty long exit times when I install this skin, other are seeing this issue, I think it might relates to Skin helper, let me know if you need a log
(2017-10-15, 05:20)wheatfield Wrote: Where do I enter a tvdb api key?  On my api screen I only see tmdb, omdb and fanart.tv.

you just need to register your own API keys on fanart.tv and themoviedb.org. Once you've done that you just need to edit the following files:

\addons\script.artwork.downloader\lib\provider\fanarttv.py and \addons\script.artwork.downloader\lib\provider\tmdb.py

Note 1: For the fanart.tv API key I had to apply for the Project API Keys, the Personal API Keys option did not download all the artwork.
Note 2: For the themoviedb.org API key I applied for the Developer Key.
When the current item is an Episode, ListItem.Premiered shows a date with the year field as 0, which is obviously incorrect. This only occurs when the widget is a Skin Helper Widget.

Any information on what is going on here? If I had to fashion a guess, I would say it is probably related to any formatting being done by the listitem monitor, but I am a python novice and it will take me too long to debug that.
What skin you use ?
I dont have trouble with premiered from Helper Script....
Maybe your skin use regular kodi label
Code:
$INFO[Container(####).ListItem.Premiered]
PVR Widget with Premiered (2013-09-23 Premiered)
XBoxMediaCenter (Kodi Matrix ) 19.3 , AndroidBox -Matrix Skin AeonMQ6
When using the latest version from the beta repo it force installs script.module.cherrypy even in x86/64 systems. This then causes kodi to be unable to exit without crashing. (Windows 10)
(2017-11-02, 21:20)Angelinas Wrote: What skin you use ?
I dont have trouble with premiered from Helper Script....
Maybe your skin use regular kodi label
Code:
$INFO[Container(####).ListItem.Premiered]
PVR Widget with Premiered (2013-09-23 Premiered)

I am using Eminence 2, to which I made some modifications to the Home Widget. I used the code just like you supplied to retrieve the Premiered property, which works unless I am using the Next Episodes widget.  The date is shown properly for built-in widgets like Recent Episodes. What skin are you using here, and could you do me huge favor and check if the Next Episodes widget shows the Premiered property properly?
Working but I dont use SkinHelper.ListItem.Premiered.....
Only for this widget, for premiered you will have strange resultats...
Try For NextAiringepisodes to use this property
Code:
Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItem.NextEpisode.tvshow.firstaired)
This code missing in Marcel wiki https://github.com/marcelveldt/script.sk...---Tvshows

XBoxMediaCenter (Kodi Matrix ) 19.3 , AndroidBox -Matrix Skin AeonMQ6
  • 256(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
skin helper service18