• 31(current)
Release skin helper service
(2015-10-07, 00:58)Rjsachse Wrote: Are you able to usr fanart api to get pvr logos and poster and clearart and stuff. So pvr can look like movies and tv shows

Yes | can.. had that already in mind. Will do within a few few days
I hate to ask again but it would be good to get art from recorded tv folder aswell, since thats the way I have my movies and tv shows setup with artwork. since I don't have great internet access at my house. I have to get the art when I go to town then I transfer them to the folders. If I had always internet I know this will not be a problem and I know alot of people don't need offline artwork feature but I would really like it. But hay I understand if you can't or don't have the time to do it as it has only been asked by me.

Thank you again for what I think is going to be the best skinning script out there.
Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, Oi, Oi, Oi

Don't forget the Thank User button if i have helped!
|
V
Hi Marcel,
I wanted to run something by you... I noticed skin.helper.service expects almost all the skin-supplied content to live in a skin's "extras" folder:
  • special://skin/extras/colors
  • special://skin/extras/bgoverlays
  • special://skin/extras/busy_spinners
  • special://skin/extras/flags/studios
  • special://skin/extras/flags/studioscolor
  • special://skin/extras/skinthemes
  • special://skin/extras/hometiles
  • special://skin/extras/widgetplaylists
However there's one exception:
  • special://skin/playlists
It seems this inconsistency could be confusing to skinners, and in fact I only noticed this while tracking down a problem in Eminence 2, which can be traced to its using special://skin/extras/playlists by (reasonable) mistake.

Given skin.helper.service is still in beta, would it make sense to adjust the last URL to live under "extras" for consistency? Alternatively one could add just add "special://skin/extras/playlists" to the list of paths in resources/lib/PluginContent.py (line 200), and mark "special://skin/playlists" as deprecated and to be removed in the future. That might help avoid breaking skins, if breakage is a concern.

What are your thoughts?
(2015-10-07, 09:00)guido1138 Wrote: Given skin.helper.service is still in beta, would it make sense to adjust the last URL to live under "extras" for consistency? Alternatively one could add just add "special://skin/extras/playlists" to the list of paths in resources/lib/PluginContent.py (line 200), and mark "special://skin/playlists" as deprecated and to be removed in the future. That might help avoid breaking skins, if breakage is a concern.

Sure I will add it... I believe that skin://playlists is the default location that most skins used in the past. I will add them both..
(2015-10-07, 20:04)marcelveldt Wrote: Sure I will add it... I believe that skin://playlists is the default location that most skins used in the past. I will add them both..
Thanks, Marcel. I wasn't aware of the history but that makes more sense now.

EDIT: Oops, I forgot to mention the skin playlist path should also be updated in the README.md file.
PVR Widget is not updating the shown epg info. Its still showing all the tv stuff from yesterday and only updates
on Kodi reboot for me. Is there a way to fix this?
Hey Again marcel, Found another bug...
I added some link to my favourite, then tried to play it from my favourite widget (filled from the script) -
first - the widget isnt update "live".. I had to restart kodi to see my item in it.
second - it doesnt play, it gives me the next error in the log:
Code:
16:43:38 T:5528   ERROR: PlayMedia could not play media: plugin://script.skin.helper.service/?action=launch&path=ActivateWindow(10025,"plugin://plugin.video.sdarot.tv/?image=http%3a%2f%2fwww.sdarot.pm%2fmedia%2fseries%2f282.jpg&mode=3&name=%d7%92%d7%95%d7%9c%d7%a1%d7%98%d7%90%d7%a8&series_id=282&series_name=%d7%92%d7%95%d7%9c%d7%a1%d7%98%d7%90%d7%a8&summary&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.sdarot.pm%2fwatch%2f282%2fgoalstar-%d7%92%d7%95%d7%9c%d7%a1%d7%98%d7%90%d7%a8",return)
the favourite item is (from the favourites.xml file):
Code:
<favourite name="Goalstar" thumb="http://www.sdarot.pm/media/series/282.jpg">ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;plugin://plugin.video.sdarot.tv/?image=http%3a%2f%2fwww.sdarot.pm%2fmedia%2fseries%2f282.jpg&amp;mode=3&amp;name=%d7%92%d7%95%d7%9c%d7%a1%d7%98%d7%90%d7%a8&amp;series_id=282&amp;series_name=%d7%92%d7%95%d7%9c%d7%a1%d7%98%d7%90%d7%a8&amp;summary&amp;url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.sdarot.pm%2fwatch%2f282%2fgoalstar-%d7%92%d7%95%d7%9c%d7%a1%d7%98%d7%90%d7%a8&quot;,return)</favourite>
Phenomenal™ Skin • ForumWebsiteGitHub
(2015-10-09, 08:29)ColeCash Wrote: PVR Widget is not updating the shown epg info. Its still showing all the tv stuff from yesterday and only updates
on Kodi reboot for me. Is there a way to fix this?

I'm working on it...
(2015-10-09, 15:46)tomer953 Wrote: Hey Again marcel, Found another bug...
I added some link to my favourite, then tried to play it from my favourite widget (filled from the script) -
first - the widget isnt update "live".. I had to restart kodi to see my item in it.
second - it doesnt play, it gives me the next error in the log:

The link you added is wrong.. If something is playable it should have "PlayMedia" in the path...
Favourites widget updates every 10 minutes as there's no way to determine that new favourites have been added/removed
Ive not Added it, Kodi has, I just right click on tvshow, and chose "Add to favourites" - its working from the favourites dialog - and not working from the widget...

Edit:
b.t.w - its not should be playable, cause its not, ive added the "tvshow" itself, so when I click on the name, It takes me to the seasons view.
(2015-10-09, 16:03)tomer953 Wrote: Ive not Added it, Kodi has, I just right click on tvshow, and chose "Add to favourites" - its working from the favourites dialog - and not working from the widget...

Edit:
b.t.w - its not should be playable, cause its not, ive added the "tvshow" itself, so when I click on the name, It takes me to the seasons view.

I see the problem now myself too, thanks for noticing, will fix it right away.
No problem.
b.t.w, and sorry if i'm bothering you, but did you saw #435 ? no rush, just want to know if its a problem in the helper and not in my skin.
(2015-10-05, 17:05)tomer953 Wrote: Backup\restore problem,
some user is trying to use it, but some icons\backgrounds are missing after restore.
full log:
http://pastebin.com/E71qRjKU
all the errors about the Label formatiing, is not from my skin, I search those vars in my entire kodi folder, and I found them in:
Code:
AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.titanskin.helpers\migration.py (1 hit)
Line 523:             contents = contents.replace("$VAR[InprogressTVseriesButtonThumb]","$INFO[Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.InProgressShowsBackground)]")
do you need some other details? the backup file maybe?

edit:
Icon Path:
C:\Users\moshiko.DANORSBS\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\Design\ICONS\kids6.png
BG Path:
C:\Users\moshiko.DANORSBS\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\Design\NEW_BG\yeldudes\Kids.jpg
it seems that after the restore, the bg path is only "kids.jpg" for some reason... about the icon I don't know...

Those label formatting errors come some leftover stuff in that users shortcuts. I think he once had Titan installed (which used those thumbs in the past) and has never reset his shortcuts. If he wants to get rid of it, just perform a shortcuts reset.
I've just tested the backup with the images and it's working fine. About your comment that the bg path is "kids.jpg".. sure you weren't looking at the background name instead ?
mmm, He did a fresh install,reset the skin, and then restore from a backup that he created two-three weeks ago...still the errors is showing up.
so maybe the backup file was created when titan has those labels ? and restiring to it now, causing the erros to appear ? anyway,
I think I found the problem,
Please look into the zip, some folders created instead of files... and they contain ".png" files, check it out.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8R_P39...sp=sharing
(2015-10-09, 20:03)tomer953 Wrote: mmm, He did a fresh install,reset the skin, and then restore from a backup that he created two-three weeks ago...still the errors is showing up.
so maybe the backup file was created when titan has those labels ? and restiring to it now, causing the erros to appear ? anyway,
I think I found the problem,
Please look into the zip, some folders created instead of files... and they contain ".png" files, check it out.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8R_P39...sp=sharing

Just checked in a fix for this...
  • 31(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
skin helper service18