• 4(current)
Release skin helper service
Also, it would be awesome to extended the youtube trailer search to be able to use it for searching other things on youtube. I assume it just adds "trailer" to the search phrase? For instance, I'm thinking it would be greater to use it to search youtube videos for artists from artist info pages.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2015-08-21, 03:55)jurialmunkey Wrote: Also, it would be awesome to extended the youtube trailer search to be able to use it for searching other things on youtube. I assume it just adds "trailer" to the search phrase? For instance, I'm thinking it would be greater to use it to search youtube videos for artists from artist info pages.
ExtendedInfo script will do this, I've got it setup in Mimic.

Update: Nevermind me, I see that this script displays the results in a dialog. Smile
Yeah I want the dialog Tongue
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2015-08-21, 03:55)jurialmunkey Wrote: Also, it would be awesome to extended the youtube trailer search to be able to use it for searching other things on youtube. I assume it just adds "trailer" to the search phrase? For instance, I'm thinking it would be greater to use it to search youtube videos for artists from artist info pages.

Yeah, the trailer search just adds "trailer" to the search phrase. I like your idea of making it more universal.

This is what I did:

- I refactored "trailersearch" to just "youtubesearch"
- You can now pass in any search term (and optional window header)

It's now available on Git, please test.
Readme has also been updated for this.

Please note that for trailers search you'll also have to add trailer to the search phrase...
(2015-08-21, 10:31)marcelveldt Wrote:

Yeah, the trailer search just adds "trailer" to the search phrase. I like your idea of making it more universal.

This is what I did:

- I refactored "trailersearch" to just "youtubesearch"
- You can now pass in any search term (and optional window header)

It's now available on Git, please test.
Readme has also been updated for this.

Please note that for trailers search you'll also have to add trailer to the search phrase...

That's a great improvement. In the same logic and because it's a point missing to fully migrate my skin to skin.helper, can you add an optional filtering on backup the same way script.toolbox does ? In fact I'm using this to export / import templates made for views by filtering the skin.strings names. I think you use this hardcoded for color sets by filtering "color" prefix.

ex :

Code:
RunScript(script.skin.helper.service,action=backup,text=MY_PREFIX_TEXT)

When I use "MODEL1" in place of MY_PREFIX_TEXT, it backups my Template n°1

Thanks
[Skin] KOver - V1.1.0 Stable (Repo version)
[WIP] ReKOver - Skinning tool project

If I've been helpful or you like my work, hit "THANK USER" button ;) ...
(2015-08-21, 01:42)jurialmunkey Wrote: Awesome so far. Getting an issue with the Colour Picker. Throwing up an error saying that the skin xml for it is not there - but it definitely is in the addon dir.
If I copy it to the skin directory it works, just not straight from the addon dir.

Fixed. It was a typo. I have also slightly enhanced the colorpicker.
Changed are now on Git.
(2015-08-21, 10:58)Jayz2K Wrote: can you add an optional filtering on backup the same way script.toolbox does ? In fact I'm using this to export / import templates made for views by filtering the skin.strings names. I think you use this hardcoded for color sets by filtering "color" prefix.

Added on Git. See updated readme.
(2015-08-19, 23:25)im85288 Wrote: Marcel could you add options to show both the duration and studio label on the home widgets? It's one of the features I have in my helper script which I would like to decommission by using this instead.
Now available on git:

If you also want to have the Studio logo and Duration Properties for your homescreen widgets, you need to set a Window Property "SkinHelper.WidgetContainer" with the ID of your widget container:
For example in home.xml: <onload>SetProperty(SkinHelper.WidgetContainer,301)</onload>
(2015-08-21, 16:49)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-08-19, 23:25)im85288 Wrote: Marcel could you add options to show both the duration and studio label on the home widgets? It's one of the features I have in my helper script which I would like to decommission by using this instead.
Now available on git:

If you also want to have the Studio logo and Duration Properties for your homescreen widgets, you need to set a Window Property "SkinHelper.WidgetContainer" with the ID of your widget container:
For example in home.xml: <onload>SetProperty(SkinHelper.WidgetContainer,301)</onload>

Brilliant thanks, will have a play this weekend. By the way has anyone else been having problems with the GlobalBackground setting? The ones for Movies/Shows/Music etc work fine for me but for some reason the Global one only shows one background (different each time I start Kodi) and checking the log reveals an index out of bounds error.
Global background has also been fixed. Sorry, forgot to mention
(2015-08-21, 14:36)marcelveldt Wrote: Added on Git. See updated readme.

Damn ... you're on fire ! Excellent jod Marcel. Will try to find some time this week-end to migrate and go deeper in other stuffs. This "all-in-one" addon is going to be a must have in my opinion. Really appreciate your hard work, many thanks.
[Skin] KOver - V1.1.0 Stable (Repo version)
[WIP] ReKOver - Skinning tool project

If I've been helpful or you like my work, hit "THANK USER" button ;) ...
If i can i make some requests i like to ask if it's possible to have the following info's as a home properties:

- Total installed addons
- Total installed videos addons
- Total installed music addons
- Total installed programs addons
- Total installed pictures addons
- Total Favorites
- Total TV Channels
- Total Radio Channels

Also a very useful script that i am always using it (and including in my skin) is the library editor script from Phil. I've asked Phil if is possible to integrate in of his scripts, but i guess is busy atm. It will be nice to have this one integrated here if it's ok with Phil of course.

Cheers
Nessus
(2015-08-22, 00:36)nessus Wrote: If i can i make some requests i like to ask if it's possible to have the following info's as a home properties:

- Total installed addons
- Total installed videos addons
- Total installed music addons
- Total installed programs addons
- Total installed pictures addons
- Total Favorites
- Total TV Channels
- Total Radio Channels

Added on Git, see the updated readme.

(2015-08-22, 00:36)nessus Wrote: Also a very useful script that i am always using it (and including in my skin) is the library editor script from Phil. I've asked Phil if is possible to integrate in of his scripts, but i guess is busy atm. It will be nice to have this one integrated here if it's ok with Phil of course.
Hmmm, I don't think that is really "skin helper" related stuff but correct me if I'm wrong.
If you want it integrated into this script or any other toolbox/helper scripts for Kodi please ask Phil for permission.
The more I look at the features the more awesome this script is, well done again Marcel.

For the custom widgets, the smartshorcuts are not showing for me when adding this to the overrides.xml
Code:
<widget label="Widgets" type="32010">||BROWSE||script.skin.helper.service/?action=widgets&amp;path=skinplaylists,librarydataprovider,scriptwidgets,extendedinfo,smartshortcuts,pvr,smartishwidgets</widget>

The others do appear though and I can select smartshorcuts to add in the main menu section. Could this be a bug or is there something I did not configure correctly.

Also would you consider adding the following from extended info:

Code:
plugin://script.extendedinfo?info=youtubeusersearch&amp;&amp;id=Eurogamer
      plugin://script.extendedinfo?info=youtubeusersearch&amp;&amp;id=Engadget
      plugin://script.extendedinfo?info=youtubeusersearch&amp;&amp;id=MobileTechReview

Cheers
(2015-08-19, 20:12)Jayz2K Wrote: It was just an idea Marcel, had more in mind a really simple query on ListItem.Title when focus kept on a channel. Scanning all channels for getting thumbs sounds too hungry in my opinion even more when you have hundreds of them. Lookup for the show is a good idea but you're right, not reliable (for exemple my epg returns truncated titles). If you want to give it a go, I'll test for sure otherwise don't waste time on this, it's a Skinner's obsession Wink.

OK, I gave it a shot and it's actually working :-)

Get the latest version from Git and in the updated readme, see "Auto thumb generator"
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
skin helper service18