• 6(current)
Release skin helper service
(2015-08-25, 12:33)Jayz2K Wrote: Complete log (line 2701) :
KOver LOG

You will also see I get the same errors as others with the LOGIN FAILED kaitoasts.

Could you please try the latest Git version ?
I did some fixes to the backup/restore function. Also fixed a bunch of unicode errors I saw in your log.

I will now take a look at the login failed stuff. This must be the widgetbuilder which is trying to probe the extendedinfo addon what content it provides.
(2015-08-23, 17:17)Mike_Doc Wrote: I'd like to use the first 4 extrafanarts as separate images but depending on however the user scrapped / added them then they can have any name so just wondered if there was some way for you to grab the first 4 images into properties?

Do you mean the fanart for each movie in Movie sets ? In that case I've already done that.
Or do you mean extrafanart in general for all items that have extrafanart ?
(2015-08-23, 17:29)Mike_Doc Wrote: is it possible to get the cast info for a movie / tvshow at all? from what I've read it seems Cast is only available in DialogVideoInfo but if you could open the cast list up that would be fantastic? If you could can you see if also possible for moviesets, but that may be asking too much?
That is not possible... You can however create your own custom container to list the cast.
(2015-08-24, 20:52)tomer953 Wrote: marcel, somewhere in page 2 I reported that users who added some 'tricky' favourites like this one has a problem:
your script make those one auto playing... when startup, or after few minutes...
Hope you can prevent it from actually run the scripts....

Also I reported about some LOG IN Failed in extendedinfo and session error as well, and clear cache is solving it, but after I added your script to my skin, a lot of users complained aboutt that issuse, any way I can make clear the cache for them in the skin side? or maybe you have a way to prevent it? [I think I posted debug log in page 2 about it]

Both issues should now be fixed on Git. Please review.
(2015-08-25, 16:14)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-08-23, 17:17)Mike_Doc Wrote: I'd like to use the first 4 extrafanarts as separate images but depending on however the user scrapped / added them then they can have any name so just wondered if there was some way for you to grab the first 4 images into properties?

Do you mean the fanart for each movie in Movie sets ? In that case I've already done that.
Or do you mean extrafanart in general for all items that have extrafanart ?

Hi Marcel,

I mean for instance a single movie or tvshow, I'm working on an update to my skin to create fake versions of the back of dvd cases, as you can see here

watch gallery

Screenshot 1 is a single film and at the moment I using extrthumb1-4 from extrathumbs but I'd like to give the user the choice to use extrafanart and to achieve that I need the first 4 imgaes from the extrafanart folder and these can be named anything.

Screenshot 2 shows movie sets where I've used your recent movieset fanart update to grab the fanart from each move in the set.

Screenshot 3 shows tvshows with the current solution of some vars specifically grabbing the season0~-landscape images from the tvshow folder, but again I'd like to offer the choice to use extrafanart images here as well.

I've used a lot of skinhelper in creating these, I was hoping for the cast so I could do 'starring' down the bottom but never mind it's ok as it is.

Mike.
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
(2015-08-24, 21:36)Mike_Doc Wrote: When you have the time, could you please see if it is possible to have:

Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.Music.Tracks)

That holds all the tracks for an album and if possible like track number - track title with [CR] separators between tracks?

Also, do I have to do anything special to get Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.Music.LogoArt) to work, pulled latest from git and attempted to use this but it failed, put in my own solution for getting artist logo and that worked so just wondering if there is something I have to do?

I fixed the music artwork. While I was there I have also added the tracklist property.
Get latest version from Git and please test.
Thanks Marcel,

Logo and track listing both seem to be working great:

(2015-08-25, 17:39)Mike_Doc Wrote: I'd like to use the first 4 extrafanarts as separate images but depending on however the user scrapped / added them then they can have any name so just wondered if there was some way for you to grab the first 4 images into properties?

I've used a lot of skinhelper in creating these, I was hoping for the cast so I could do 'starring' down the bottom but never mind it's ok as it is.

Latest Git contains the ExtraFanArt.X properties. See the updated readme.

As for the cast list. I can provide you a dynamic content entrypoint to list the cast or add a window prop with all cast (+role) seperated by [CR]
I think the first one is the best because that way you can do whatever you want with the info and you'll also have the thumbs
Marcel, with the auto thumb generator I sometimes experience errors (can post log later) when scrolling quickly through a list of items resulting in no image being returned. If I navigate off that item and then back it loads correctly. Is this just a matter of limiting the number of calls somehow?

To give you more info it is in the tv channels list where I experience this issue.
Hi Marcel,

Tried this Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.Player.ExtraFanArt.X) after enabling SkinHelper.EnableExtraFanart but no luck.

Tried again with Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.ExtraFanArt.X) and it works great, so you have a typo in the readme

Regarding cast list, I'll leave it to you, if dynamic is better than please do that. Not sure how I would use it to create a 'starring': XXXX in my case back. But I will see what I can do when you have the chance to update with the dynamic content suggestion.

And thanks again Marcel.

Mike.
(2015-08-25, 18:42)im85288 Wrote: Marcel, with the auto thumb generator I sometimes experience errors (can post log later) when scrolling quickly through a list of items resulting in no image being returned. If I navigate off that item and then back it loads correctly. Is this just a matter of limiting the number of calls somehow?
Thanks for noticing. Now fixed on Git.
Hi Marcel,

just noticed a possible issue with the new tracklist property, when the album named is something like '...But Seriously' by Phil Collins then it fails to get the tracklist, seems any album that begins with '...' doesn't have the correct tracklist but does show the tracklist from the last album before it with a valid name?

Also getting this in the log:

18:38:21 T:920 NOTICE: Skin Helper Service --> ERROR in checkMusicArt ! --> local variable 'dbid' referenced before assignment

and logoart doesn't seem to be working again, not sure 100% it was last time, sorry.

EDIT, the logo seems to be the same, if I go to another Phil Collins album then the logo is displaying ok, just not on the above album.

Mike.
(2015-08-25, 19:04)Mike_Doc Wrote: Regarding cast list, I'll leave it to you, if dynamic is better than please do that. Not sure how I would use it to create a 'starring': XXXX in my case back. But I will see what I can do when you have the chance to update with the dynamic content suggestion.

The getcast method has been added. See the updated readme how to call it from your skin.
For example place a list in your skin and set the <content> tag to the new dynamic cast listing.
(2015-08-25, 19:43)Mike_Doc Wrote: just noticed a possible issue with the new tracklist property, when the album named is something like '...But Seriously' by Phil Collins then it fails to get the tracklist, seems any album that begins with '...' doesn't have the correct tracklist but does show the tracklist from the last album before it with a valid name?

The issues are now resolved on Git. Thanks for testing this
Thanks Marcel, can confirm the tracklisting and logo are working ok now.

I'll look into the getcast, thanks for that also. Guess I need to learn how to do a fake list so I can access the relevant data. Will start with that soon,

Much appreciated,

Mike.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
skin helper service18