• 11(current)
Release skin helper service
(2015-09-02, 20:08)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-08-29, 14:21)im85288 Wrote: Would you be able to add a few more listitems for displaying the formatted Studios, Genres and Cast?
So for example return studios as a string delimited by [CR], same for genres and for the cast

Done, see latest Git + readme.

(2015-09-02, 20:09)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-09-02, 10:04)im85288 Wrote: Hi Marcel, would it be possible to cache the Cast information so that subsequent requests for the data return instantly?

Just fixed this on Git although I didn't test it. Please test to see if it works for you

Thanks, will test and report back. Cheers
Thanks all working great Smile
lovely Smile
Hey marcel, Some users in my skin reports that in the new widget picker there is no way to navigate to "Program Addons", they used to create some custom menus via "Advanced Launcher" addon, and then assign their custom folder (inside that addon) to a widget... that gives many options to customize, you can create your own folder and fill it with different items from kodi, and then assign it to a widget.
I will glad to see the option to choose program addons in the picker again.
Thanks as usual.
Phenomenal™ Skin • ForumWebsiteGitHub
(2015-09-05, 12:38)tomer953 Wrote: Hey marcel, Some users in my skin reports that in the new widget picker there is no way to navigate to "Program Addons", they used to create some custom menus via "Advanced Launcher" addon, and then assign their custom folder (inside that addon) to a widget... that gives many options to customize, you can create your own folder and fill it with different items from kodi, and then assign it to a widget.

Thanks as usual.
This is fixed in upcoming release of skinshortcuts.
Awesome, such a great pleasure to use your scripts.
(2015-08-22, 14:43)Jayz2K Wrote: [quote='marcelveldt' pid='2086887' dateline='1440244518']
Gotta test this ASAP ! What a huge step forward for PVR ! Incredible Marcel ... incredible !

EDIT : Tested ... and it works ! Absolutly amazing !

I improved the PVR thumbs a bit. It's now also available in the window props.
Also added are some additional plugin entrypoints which provide the PVR channels and recordings including the thumbs/fanart.

See latest Git and the updated readme
Just Wondering... PVR Channels does not come with thumb already? why we need to use script for search them online ? B.T.W marcel you have unicode erros in that code, but since that i'm not using it I Wont test it deeply right now...
(2015-09-05, 12:45)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-09-05, 12:38)tomer953 Wrote: Hey marcel, Some users in my skin reports that in the new widget picker there is no way to navigate to "Program Addons", they used to create some custom menus via "Advanced Launcher" addon, and then assign their custom folder (inside that addon) to a widget... that gives many options to customize, you can create your own folder and fill it with different items from kodi, and then assign it to a widget.

Thanks as usual.
This is fixed in upcoming release of skinshortcuts.

I Installed Git Version of skinshortcuts and the helper (right now)
and can't find Program Addons, Is it there already ?
b.t.w, Ive noticed that now in the picker I have new folder "Default Widgets" with all kind of widgets..
I Already assigned:
Code:
<widget label="22082" type="32010">||BROWSE||script.skin.helper.service/?action=widgets&amp;path=skinplaylists,scriptwidgets,smartshortcuts,smartishwidgets</widget>
(I don't want library data provider addons to appear... I already built them myself)
So how to disable the new default folder from appear?
(2015-09-05, 17:17)tomer953 Wrote: Just Wondering... PVR Channels does not come with thumb already? why we need to use script for search them online ? B.T.W marcel you have unicode erros in that code, but since that i'm not using it I Wont test it deeply right now...

No... Only the channel icon if correctly setup. The script will provide an actual thumb/poster/fanart for tv channels. See it like a preview image. It is pretty cool. I will look into the Unicode errors. Did you had the chance to capture a log with the error?
(2015-09-05, 21:33)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-09-05, 17:17)tomer953 Wrote: Just Wondering... PVR Channels does not come with thumb already? why we need to use script for search them online ? B.T.W marcel you have unicode erros in that code, but since that i'm not using it I Wont test it deeply right now...

No... Only the channel icon if correctly setup. The script will provide an actual thumb/poster/fanart for tv channels. See it like a preview image. It is pretty cool. I will look into the Unicode errors. Did you had the chance to capture a log with the error?

I quickly checked it [?action=getthumb] , and it worked... few weeks ago I checked it and it has some unicode errors or something that made the script faile. now its working.
but heres another unicode error: http://pastebin.com/Jt3wzcE7
some user send it to me so I can't actually test it myself, but he is using last git version since I push to my repo every change your publish.

and sorry about asking again,but I asked about the Program Addons,and you said it Fixed. I can't find a way to assign execute addons to widgets..

and Yesterday I tried to see what
Code:
[RunScript(script.skin.helper.service,action=conditionalbackgrounds)
does,so I write this line in onclick, and it opened a dialog with "add" option, that doesnt work (nothing happened when click)
and Today even the dialog don't open.. nothing happen..
(2015-09-06, 07:32)tomer953 Wrote: I quickly checked it [?action=getthumb] , and it worked... few weeks ago I checked it and it has some unicode errors or something that made the script faile. now its working.
but heres another unicode error: http://pastebin.com/Jt3wzcE7
some user send it to me so I can't actually test it myself, but he is using last git version since I push to my repo every change your publish.

and sorry about asking again,but I asked about the Program Addons,and you said it Fixed. I can't find a way to assign execute addons to widgets..

and Yesterday I tried to see what
Code:
[RunScript(script.skin.helper.service,action=conditionalbackgrounds)
does,so I write this line in onclick, and it opened a dialog with "add" option, that doesnt work (nothing happened when click)
and Today even the dialog don't open.. nothing happen..

1) Thanks for testing the unicode stuff. It's hard to test that when your language doesn't contain any special characters. The link with the error isn't working. Can you provide a new link ?

2) Please explain step-by-step what you mean because I don't understand. What is it that you're trying to accomplish with program addons and widgets ?

3) Conditional backgrounds feature should now be fixed on Git.
(2015-09-05, 18:02)tomer953 Wrote: I Installed Git Version of skinshortcuts and the helper (right now)
and can't find Program Addons, Is it there already ?
b.t.w, Ive noticed that now in the picker I have new folder "Default Widgets" with all kind of widgets..
I Already assigned:
Code:
<widget label="22082" type="32010">||BROWSE||script.skin.helper.service/?action=widgets&amp;path=skinplaylists,scriptwidgets,smartshortcuts,smartishwidgets</widget>
(I don't want library data provider addons to appear... I already built them myself)
So how to disable the new default folder from appear?

We decided to include the widgetlist from the helper service by default in the skinshortcuts. That helps skinners to get started quickly.
Offcourse you can customize it all.
In your overrides.xml make sure you have a section widget-groupings. That way you can override the shortcuts that should be displayed.
You can also choose to display the program addons but I must warn you that most program addons do not provide a browseable plugin path so It's a bit useless.

Your widget-groupings section in overrides.xml should then look something like this:

PHP Code:
<widget-groupings>
        <!-- 
script.skin.helper.service default widgets -->
        <
shortcut label="$ADDON[script.skin.helper.service 32063]" type="32010" condition="System.HasAddon(script.skin.helper.service)">||BROWSE||script.skin.helper.service/?action=widgets&amp;path=pvr,skinplaylists,scriptwidgets,smartshortcuts,extendedinfo,smartishwidgets,favourites,static</shortcut>

<
content>widgets</content>
        <
node label="32030">
            <
content>video</content>
            <
node label="32040">
                <
content>playlist-video</content>
            </
node>
            <
node label="32010">
                <
content>addon-video</content>
            </
node>
            <
node label="32075">
                <
content>videosources</content>
            </
node>
        </
node>
        <
node label="32031">
            <
content>music</content>
            <
node label="32040">
                <
content>playlist-audio</content>
            </
node>
            <
node label="32011">
                <
content>addon-audio</content>
            </
node>
            <
node label="32075">
                <
content>musicsources</content>
            </
node>
        </
node>
        <
node label="32020">
            <
content>picturesources</content>
        </
node>
        <
node label="32007">
            <
node label="32010">
                <
content>addon-video</content>
            </
node>
            <
node label="32011">
                <
content>addon-audio</content>
            </
node>
            <
node label="32012">
                <
content>addon-image</content>
            </
node>
            <
node label="32009">
                <
content>addon-program</content>
            </
node>
            <
shortcut label="10001" type="32021" icon="DefaultAddonProgram.png" widget="addon" widgetType="program" widgetTarget="programs">addons://sources/executable</shortcut>

<shortcut label="1037" type="32014" icon="DefaultAddonVideo.png" widget="addon" widgetType="video" widgetTarget="video">addons://sources/video</shortcut>

<shortcut label="1038" type="32019" icon="DefaultAddonMusic.png" widget="addon" widgetType="music" widgetTarget="music">addons://sources/audio</shortcut>

<shortcut label="1039" type="32020" icon="DefaultAddonPicture.png" widget="addon" widgetType="picture" widgetTarget="pictures">addons://sources/image</shortcut>

</node>
    </
widget-groupings
Hi Marcel,

Testing the PVR widgets with latest nightly from Jarvis is returning no channels.

I have started to debug and can see the json response for retrieving my channels is:

Code:
{u'jsonrpc': u'2.0', u'id': 1, u'result': {u'limits': {u'start': 0, u'total': 0, u'end': 0}}}

Do you know if this should be working in Jarvis?
(2015-09-06, 10:48)im85288 Wrote: Testing the PVR widgets with latest nightly from Jarvis is returning no channels.

I haven't tested it with Jarvis. Let me do a quick check to see what I can find
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
skin helper service18