• 18(current)
Release skin helper service
(2015-09-17, 19:17)tomer953 Wrote: Actually I can't give it to you because the problem is made when I'm trying to backup,
But I guess the old ones, that I made before two or three fixes, when the problem was on the restore - will be ok:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8R_P39...sp=sharing

Thanks for the sample file. I have now fixed the unicode issues on Git. Tested unicode paths, unicode settingnames, unicode values so it should be fine now.
(2015-09-18, 10:26)badaas Wrote: Can ''Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItemGenres)'' return music genres too please?

Now fixed on Git.
Working!
Thanks...

Just wondeing - any way to use the "setview" in other way from the default DialogSelect.xml ? because my select dialog has no big thumbs, only small ones,
if not - I will remake my DialogSelect.xml file, to show some big preview...

I Also want to report that the program addons as widgets, works great to me - (I said in the other thread that ill test)

EDIT:
I forgot to ask, any way to auto focus the current view when the setview is load? It always set the first view, while I want to focus the current one.
Phenomenal™ Skin • ForumWebsiteGitHub
(2015-09-18, 17:12)tomer953 Wrote: Just wondeing - any way to use the "setview" in other way from the default DialogSelect.xml ? because my select dialog has no big thumbs, only small ones,

I Also want to report that the program addons as widgets, works great to me - (I said in the other thread that ill test)

EDIT:
I forgot to ask, any way to auto focus the current view when the setview is load? It always set the first view, while I want to focus the current one.

In fact you *should* rework your DialogSelect.xml... It should contain both a list with id 3 and a list with id 6.
List 3 is the simple list (without thumbs) and the list 6 has a thumb and description.

Thanks for reporting back that the fix with the program addons works in skinshortcuts, those changes are now merged into skinshortcuts but, as we just did a repo update, it might take a while before it's available on the official repo version. Feel free to host a beta version of the script on your own repo: https://github.com/BigNoid/script.skinsh...cuts-0.5.4

About the auto focus for the current view: If you rework your DialogSelect with lists 3 and 6 it will do that.
(2015-09-18, 18:35)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-09-18, 17:12)tomer953 Wrote: Just wondeing - any way to use the "setview" in other way from the default DialogSelect.xml ? because my select dialog has no big thumbs, only small ones,

EDIT:

In fact you *should* rework your DialogSelect.xml... It should contain both a list with id 3 and a list with id 6.
List 3 is the simple list (without thumbs) and the list 6 has a thumb and description.

Thanks for reporting back that the fix with the program addons works in skinshortcuts, those changes are now merged into skinshortcuts but, as we just did a repo update, it might take a while before it's available on the official repo version. Feel free to host a beta version of the script on your own repo: https://github.com/BigNoid/script.skinsh...cuts-0.5.4

About the auto focus for the current view: If you rework your DialogSelect with lists 3 and 6 it will do that.

I know my friend how to build the DialogSelect file... I already have 3 and 6 controls, but I said I use small thumbs and want to show a bigger one...
http://imgur.com/a/qpc1I -> screenshots
But its ok, ill redesign it...

The auto focus to the current view is working when I use English, but not working when i'm using my local lang, so It something with the string values right?
What I need to match to make it work?
If its ok, I want you to take a look how I build my views in my skin, since I used to have one view type, and now i'm start to build more, I want to make it right.
This is my code: http://pastebin.com/hHWb92z6 (relevant stuff...)
Is it the right way? I want view 50 to be the default, and the others be optional only if user pick them...
(2015-09-18, 20:30)tomer953 Wrote: I know my friend how to build the DialogSelect file... I already have 3 and 6 controls, but I said I use small thumbs and want to show a bigger one...
http://imgur.com/a/qpc1I -> screenshots
But its ok, ill redesign it...

The auto focus to the current view is working when I use English, but not working when i'm using my local lang, so It something with the string values right?
What I need to match to make it work?
If its ok, I want you to take a look how I build my views in my skin, since I used to have one view type, and now i'm start to build more, I want to make it right.
This is my code: http://pastebin.com/hHWb92z6 (relevant stuff...)
Is it the right way? I want view 50 to be the default, and the others be optional only if user pick them...

Hmm, strange. It should also handle localized labels. In fact, I just tested this with Dutch (which is my native language).
Maybe there's a error in your log when you open the select view ?

Your code looks fine to me btw. It should totally work that way.
lol, I see another commit is coming: http://pastebin.com/w1yKKRnL
OK so now when the Unicode problem in the backup\restore, i'm trying to play with it a little bit.
I told some user in my skin to create a backup file, and send it to me, and I restored his file.
so all the skin settings is working fine, (b.t.w, they ALL appear in the log, so maybe you forgot to disable it?)
But, the menu (skinshortcuts) was not changed. I looked into the log, and I see one problem: his backgrounds is in a path that I don't have, but still, I want his menus- label,widgets,submenus etc...
So I tried in my kodi to change the menus, save, then reset, and try to restor to my save - and it doesnt effect the menus at all - are you sure the skinshortcuts is also include?
the target is users can share their full skin settings... maybe your ZIP + background folder, or any smart way to share it..
(2015-09-17, 19:01)im85288 Wrote:
(2015-09-17, 17:30)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-09-15, 21:40)im85288 Wrote: Hi Marcel, I'm experiencing a few errors when browsing live tv with what looks like unicode issues

Would you consider adding the Top250 rating scrapings to this addon? There's now a TV top 250 TV Top250 making the field more useful and would save on needing to use other scripts to do the same purpose.

1) Not sure I fixed it but please test latest Git for the unicode issue with pvr thumbs.You did notice that the background service now also fills some window properties for the pvr thumbs btw ?

2) Well, adding the top250, couchpotatoe etc. sounds doable to add to the addon. I must take a look how the api works. Will check/implement within a few days.

Thanks Marcel, will test and report back if any errors. Yes I use the PVR.Thumb, PVR.Poster etc now in place of the auto thumb generator.

I received another error with the pvr section today with the latest from Git:

Code:
ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://script.skin.helper.service/?action=getthumb&path=#LFCWORLD - Episode 7 LFCTV

When it gets this error the helper crashes and other images etc are no longer retrieved, could it be changed to consume the error. Cheers
(2015-09-18, 20:44)tomer953 Wrote: lol, I see another commit is coming: http://pastebin.com/w1yKKRnL

hehe you're right. Now fixed on Git ;-)
(2015-09-18, 22:26)tomer953 Wrote: So I tried in my kodi to change the menus, save, then reset, and try to restor to my save - and it doesnt effect the menus at all - are you sure the skinshortcuts is also include?
the target is users can share their full skin settings... maybe your ZIP + background folder, or any smart way to share it..

Oops, there was an error in the code introduced when I created that option to only backup the skinshortcuts.
Well, it's now fixed on git
Hi Marcel, I see you're really busy fixing things, so just wanted to know if you made something for the the new import / export features. Not pushing at all but maybe your latest commits fixed problems I encountered when testing ?
[Skin] KOver - V1.1.0 Stable (Repo version)
[WIP] ReKOver - Skinning tool project

If I've been helpful or you like my work, hit "THANK USER" button ;) ...
(2015-09-18, 23:24)im85288 Wrote: When it gets this error the helper crashes and other images etc are no longer retrieved, could it be changed to consume the error. Cheers

Now fixed on Git.
BTW: in the PVR section you don't need to use the multiimage control anymore, the properties are auto filled by the background service.
(2015-09-19, 00:23)Jayz2K Wrote: Hi Marcel, I see you're really busy fixing things, so just wanted to know if you made something for the the new import / export features. Not pushing at all but maybe your latest commits fixed problems I encountered when testing ?

That should all be fixed. Didn't I report that back ?
Well, please test and let me know
(2015-09-19, 00:26)marcelveldt Wrote: That should all be fixed. Didn't I report that back ?
Well, please test and let me know

Great. Will test and report this WE if I have some time Smile
[Skin] KOver - V1.1.0 Stable (Repo version)
[WIP] ReKOver - Skinning tool project

If I've been helpful or you like my work, hit "THANK USER" button ;) ...
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
skin helper service18