• 62(current)
Release skin helper service
(2015-11-10, 00:22)im85288 Wrote:
(2015-11-10, 00:02)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-11-09, 23:38)im85288 Wrote: Great work with the new palette colours. My only remaining wish list for this helper addon is for it to scrape the IMDb Top250 info...oh and to have it fetch a beer for me from the fridge Smile

Isn't that info already in the Kodi library ? or do you mean to get a plugin entrypoint to fetch the top250 ?

There is a place for it already in the Kodi library (ie. Listitem.top250) but no scrapers (Kodi or Emby) gather this data. So to have that data displayed/scraped you have to install another addon and none of them are in the official Kodi repo. Preferably this could be done with this addon to prevent that as many users simply are not aware of where to go to find the addon to do that.

Universal Movie Scraper gather top 250 data, but I think default might be set to disabled.

(2015-11-10, 00:41)marcelveldt Wrote: [As this thread is read by many skinners maybe everyone can join the discussion how this should look like ideally ?

option 1: Get a widget listing with all addons providing widgets, such as extendedinfo, librarydata etc. If a user clicks an entry for an addon that isn't installed a question will popup if the addon should be installed.

option 2: In the widget listing of skinshortcuts (the selectdialog), have the "Get more" button displayed. This will result in a popup with available providers to install.

option 3: a combination of 1 and 2 :-)

I like the idea of option 2. Which one creates the corresponding folder at widget root (in skinshortcuts select dialog).
[Skin] KOver - V1.1.0 Stable (Repo version)
[WIP] ReKOver - Skinning tool project

If I've been helpful or you like my work, hit "THANK USER" button ;) ...
(2015-11-09, 23:28)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-11-09, 23:19)_Andy_ Wrote: Do you know whats wrong?

Well, this is a high level python error that is going wrong...
I have no clue, never saw this error before.

I can add some error handling in the script around this error but that will basically only disable the webservice and you will miss some features probably.
Maybe google for this error:

mimetypes.init() # try to read system mime.types
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi16\system\python\Lib\mimetypes.py", line 351, in init
db.read_windows_registry()
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi16\system\python\Lib\mimetypes.py", line 254, in
It seems a bug in Phyton 2.7, see http://bugs.python.org/issue23371
Maybe i can try to update this module to solve this issue.
I updated the mimetypes.py to version 2.7.10 and i get no errors during startup. At the moment i don't know where the script is being used in the skin Aeon Nox. So i can't check it's working now or not.
(2015-11-10, 00:25)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-11-10, 00:21)BobCratchett Wrote: My instinct is to say that skin shortcuts isn't failing, based on the fact that a select dialog (albeit an empty one, from the reports - though I'm guessing that the dialog shows the ".." item) - that will only display after skin shortcuts has received and processed a listing from json. That suggests that the json is returning something that is valid, and skin shortcuts is able to process it.

This is strange issue... I even tried to install Android x86 on a virtual machine today to debug this but Kodi doesn't run than...
The fact that he gets that listing means that the cache is actually working. So the problem must be in the process where the data is handed over to skinshortcuts.
Speaking of that btw: Maybe it's better if I add a json webservice to skinhelper which skinshortcuts can call to get the widgets listings, that would be much faster and easier to understand.
I would like to help by providing specific logs .. But my Android box is a dev box for me an is constantly up and down... What specifically can I provide a log of at this point to help figure this out..
(2015-11-10, 00:41)Gade Wrote:
(2015-11-10, 00:22)im85288 Wrote:
(2015-11-10, 00:02)marcelveldt Wrote: Isn't that info already in the Kodi library ? or do you mean to get a plugin entrypoint to fetch the top250 ?

There is a place for it already in the Kodi library (ie. Listitem.top250) but no scrapers (Kodi or Emby) gather this data. So to have that data displayed/scraped you have to install another addon and none of them are in the official Kodi repo. Preferably this could be done with this addon to prevent that as many users simply are not aware of where to go to find the addon to do that.

Universal Movie Scraper gather top 250 data, but I think default might be set to disabled.

Thanks I was not aware of that, I'll take a look.
(2015-11-10, 06:05)tmaru Wrote: I would like to help by providing specific logs .. But my Android box is a dev box for me an is constantly up and down... What specifically can I provide a log of at this point to help figure this out..

Have you posted a link to any complete logs of the issue yet at all? If not, the one to start with is - with Skin Helper's verbose debug logging enabled from its settings and Skin Shortcuts debug logging enabled from its settings - showing from startup to going to select a widget and getting the empty select dialog. (If xbmclogs.com is still down, post it to pastebin.com, and make sure it's a full log from startup.)
@Bob & marcel : I think I got it working (not tested myself but will). I completely rebuilt the <widget-groupings> using marcel's titan skin part of the overrides and modified it with my needs. tmaru got them all to works then.

One thing I noticed is when pasting one of my <shortcut> I forgot to remove a --> at the end I placed while testing (It wasn't there when I reported the first time, don't get me wrong Wink ...) ... and the result was then no backgrounds and empty widgets in SkinShortcuts on windows system. I suspect then a char in my previous code breaking the caching or something in android. This could not be something crazy since I already had this happen twice when coding with sublimetext).

That make me saying if you have something odd inside the widget-groupings, it breaks all entries ?

So it seems fixed for me ATM but cannot tell you exactly what / where / how this happened.

If it's just such an issue, I apologies for this.

Removing a '-->' would certainly explain the backgrounds - Skin Shortcuts won't load the skins overrides.xml if it isn't valid xml (and, with its debug-logging enabled, it will tell you if it isn't Wink), so the script won't know to load the skin helper backgrounds. That shouldn't affect the widgets quite so much - as the scripts own overrides.xml will be loaded instead for the widget-groupings if the skins can't be, which also contains widgets provided by the skin helper service.

Having said all that, if it's fixed that's fantastic (though I'd still be interested in seeing a debug log to see if it can be worked out exactly why it wasn't working...! I also might just be interpreting tmaru's post differently on your skin thread, but I read it as him still having trouble showing any but the skin-helper provided widgets - so still no extended info widgets, for example - but that he now knew how to correctly assign and show them via your customiser. I'm probably mis-understanding, though Smile)
@Bob, yeah that's another one, when it finally worked there was just a misunderstanding with the viewtypes setting Wink . For the log, the one I posted here a few posts before is one with both scripts 'debug' enabled and old groupings. I can try to downgrade as soon as I can and post a new log (if uploader wants to) since I think Marcel added some trackers. I understand you want also know how that can happen Wink

@Jayz2K - thanks, I hadn't seen that. One big issue in tracking down whatever the problem has been, though (assuming we now know why backgrounds haven't been loading - though Skin Shortcuts had no problem loading the skins overrides.xml, perhaps the problem just affected the background tag!) with that log - there's no sign in there of the skin helper service trying create the widget listings (designated in the logs via 'buildWidgetsListing' at least with the current version of the script) - I suspect marcelveldt has already looked at this log so knows why there's no sign of that, but I don't know the skin helper code well enough to be able to take much from it Smile
@Bob : yes, that's strange nothing appeared in log. But as I tested it myself (and results in the talked log), I can confirm clicking any shortcut in SkinShortcuts launches the dialogprogress for about 8-9s to display the only ".." item. Weird ?

Browsing back through history of Skin Helper ... no, not that weird Wink That log was running v1.0.2, when the relevant function was in PluginContent.py and - basically - had no logging. Now its in utils.py and does!
mmm, Marcel, I have some NUC user, that the splash screen is not working for him.
He chose MP4 file, and he gets black screen, and only the audio is working.
The file is working well when he try to play it via video library.
Here's log:
http://pastebin.com/xvug0ZYC
The mp4 file can be found Here
Phenomenal™ Skin • ForumWebsiteGitHub
(2015-11-10, 23:12)tomer953 Wrote: mmm, Marcel, I have some NUC user, that the splash screen is not working for him.
He chose MP4 file, and he gets black screen, and only the audio is working.
The file is working well when he try to play it via video library.
Here's log:
http://pastebin.com/xvug0ZYC
The mp4 file can be found Here

Sorry, I forgot to mention... I had to change the splash screen feature a bit to work around some issues.
You need to include an image and videocontrol to your startup.xml, see the readme.
BTW: This also solves your issue with the doubled splash image
  • 62(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
skin helper service18