• 65(current)
Release skin helper service
(2015-11-13, 08:45)tomer953 Wrote: already 6 users has reported about black screen in the startup.
I Added now the System.HasAddon check

Are you sure they are running the latest version of the script ?
(2015-11-13, 12:56)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-11-13, 08:45)tomer953 Wrote: already 6 users has reported about black screen in the startup.
I Added now the System.HasAddon check

Are you sure they are running the latest version of the script ?

I'm think they on 1.0.9, but I guess no changes since that one to 1.0.11, right ?
I know it's hard to know what cause that,so right now i'm just reporting, but I will let you know when it will cause again and I'll have more log's or details.
as I write it, one user send me mail about RPI2 device that play only audio, and no video - he sent log, and everything it seems ok -
http://xbmclogs.com/ph72kgcqf
Phenomenal™ Skin • ForumWebsiteGitHub
(2015-11-13, 13:08)tomer953 Wrote: I'm think they on 1.0.9, but I guess no changes since that one to 1.0.11, right ?

Yes there were... I fixed some issues with the splash screen in 1.0.10...
Please make sure they're on the latest skinhelper version. I have published 1.0.11 to Kodi repo but it isn't processed yet so maybe you want to place it on your own repo to be sure.

Also make sure that you have included the video and image control in your startup.xml

Maybe take a look at Titan as a reference:

https://github.com/marcelveldt/skin.tita...tartup.xml
OK I'll check it out - Thanks again.
that's my startup.xml file, I posted it here before...
https://github.com/tomer953/skin.phenome...tartup.xml
(2015-11-13, 13:15)tomer953 Wrote: OK I'll check it out - Thanks again.

Your startup.xml looks fine to me, the only thing that pops in my head is that you might need to use ESCINFO for the filepath...
(2015-11-13, 13:19)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-11-13, 13:15)tomer953 Wrote: OK I'll check it out - Thanks again.

Your startup.xml looks fine to me, the only thing that pops in my head is that you might need to use ESCINFO for the filepath...

you mean like:
Code:
RunScript(script.skin.helper.service,action=splashscreen,file=$ESCINFO[$VAR[splash_path]],duration=6)
?
(2015-11-13, 14:56)tomer953 Wrote: you mean like:
Code:
RunScript(script.skin.helper.service,action=splashscreen,file=$ESCINFO[$VAR[splash_path]],duration=6)
?

No, $ESCVAR[splash_path] but I just checked, that shouldn't matter.
Just check first if they have the correct version of skinhelper because it should just work.
(2015-11-13, 12:46)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-11-13, 12:00)tromy Wrote: Now I upgraded to latest version,I can see only one fanart and no rotation.
Has something changed?

Did you enable the backgrounds updater ?

Skin.SetNumeric(SkinHelper.RandomFanartDelay)
or
Skin.SetString(SkinHelper.RandomFanartDelay,30)

Set the SkinHelper.RandomFanArtDelay skin string to the amount of seconds you want the images to rotate.
Yes I have enable it with the
Code:
<onload>Skin.SetString(SkinHelper.RandomFanartDelay,30)</onload>
I guess the problem is that I want to use the fanart backgrounds in a custom window in a script's skin,and not in kodi's skin.
When i set it e.g in Home.xml works great,but in the script i get only one fanart,not the rotation.

Thanks
(2015-11-13, 18:30)tromy Wrote: Yes I have enable it with the
Code:
I guess the problem is that I want to use the fanart backgrounds in a custom window in a script's skin,and not in kodi's skin.
When i set it e.g in Home.xml works great,but in the script i get only one fanart,not the rotation.

Hmmm, strange... Is that custom window on top of fullscreen video perhaps ?
The script suspends all background actions when there's a video playing fullscreen (videofullscreen.xml active) to never interfere with any video playback.

The other thing I can think of is that the window properties aren't evaluated in a custom window but I'd have to check that
(2015-11-13, 18:38)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-11-13, 18:30)tromy Wrote: Yes I have enable it with the
Code:

Hmmm, strange... Is that custom window on top of fullscreen video perhaps ?
The script suspends all background actions when there's a video playing fullscreen (videofullscreen.xml active) to never interfere with any video playback.

The other thing I can think of is that the window properties aren't evaluated in a custom window but I'd have to check that
I found that post: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2144909 talking about the same script.
The window I'm using is "script.pseudotv.live.EPG.xml"
(2015-11-13, 19:53)tromy Wrote: I found that post: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2144909 talking about the same script.

Ah, that explains it. The script also suspends of any of this windows are active:
script.pseudotv.TVOverlay.xml and script.pseudotv.live.TVOverlay.xml

As long as those are not active there shouldn't be a problem.

EDIT: I've just put in a little fix on Git that allows the backgrounds to be updates when script.pseudotv.live.EPG.xml is active.
Please test with the latest Git and let me know.
(2015-11-13, 20:23)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-11-13, 19:53)tromy Wrote: I found that post: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2144909 talking about the same script.

Ah, that explains it. The script also suspends of any of this windows are active:
script.pseudotv.TVOverlay.xml and script.pseudotv.live.TVOverlay.xml

As long as those are not active there shouldn't be a problem.

EDIT: I've just put in a little fix on Git that allows the backgrounds to be updates when script.pseudotv.live.EPG.xml is active.
Please test with the latest Git and let me know.
Nice work,Marcel!
Just made a test and it works great.
Thank you

Another request:Is it possible to have the landscape(instead of fanart) images returned in the background propertys?

Thanks again for the great script you made.
Just starting to use this great script on a small mod of a MusicVisualisation.xml. I'm using the following to display artist logo.
Code:
<texture>$INFO[Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.Player.Music.ClearLogo)]</texture>
From what I've seen it uses the Album Artist to find the logo. Would it be possible to use the Track Artist instead as this would work better for the likes of compilation CDs
Hi Marcel,

Having Some issues with what I would like to do. I am trying to get discart to display in a dynamic list panel container on the home screen for library data provider music widgets.

I'm actually thinking it may be a limitation of the script so it may border on a feature request or quite possibly something I have missed.

For music artwork such as Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.Music.DiscArt).
In the home.xml I have <onload>SetProperty(SkinHelper.WidgetContainer,8001,home)</onload>

It works fine using $INFO[Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.Music.DiscArt)] outside of container 8001.

So I have two issues
1. Within the panel container 8001 it will not show any discart.
2. I have two containers for widget 1 (8001) and widget 2 (8002). So setting the onload property will not work for each container.
Madnox 2.0
Forum / Source
(2015-11-13, 21:41)tromy Wrote: Another request:Is it possible to have the landscape(instead of fanart) images returned in the background propertys?

At the moment it's only storing the fanarts in the cache and window properties, in the sane of performance.
Next week I will look into a way of storing a little more info, such as the landscape, poster and title too into the cache without having a negative impact on performance. Once that's done, I will provide some more properties to use for the rotating backgrounds.
  • 65(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
skin helper service18