• 75(current)
Release skin helper service
Hi Marcel,

I just had a user ask about adding things to custom home menu items in my skin and it occured to me that currently this is a lot more work on the users part than it needs to be.

At the moment the user assigns something in their system to a favourite and then has to navigate back thru the system to get to my skin settings menu in order to add it to the home screen. If instead they could assign something to a favourites in the context menu and then in the same context menu assign the favourite to home menu this would greatly simplify the whole process for the user.

So, could I please request a "add context menu item" function be added to your script. I guess the call would contain a label for the menu item and a Kodi function to assign to the context menu item. So in my case "add favourite to home menu" and "AssignWindow(custom_homemenudialog.xml). I'm sure this could probably be of use for other things to a skin writer, although I can't think of examples at the moment

Thanks mate
Wyrm (AppTV)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
Hi Marcel,

Do you think there is any possibility of a function to call the Actor search function you get when you click a cast member in DialogVideoInfo (shows all movies/tv in library that cast member is in) Huh

Looking to integrate a button into ExtendedInfo to quickly search for *only* library content for the actor. Thought I could do something similar with globalsearch, but can't see anyway to actually pass a string directly to it -- and the built-in dialog method would be better anyway.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Is there any way to get the DBID of currently playing video?
Marcel, would you consider adding lookup of the cast info for items not in your local database (eg movies/tv shows in the live tv section)? I had a look at the tmdb API and it looks very do-able.

The flow would go something like this->

1. Search for movie/tv show via title to get the tmdb ID
2. Use the ID to look up Credits (giving back cast info)
3. Map that back to the cast widget as it contains name,role and picture

I could have a shot and PR if this is something you would want but didn't want to code yourself. Cheers
Hi all, I'm currently occupied with family business. I will look into the requests again tomorrow.
Enjoy your holidays!
merry christmas bro :]
Phenomenal™ Skin • ForumWebsiteGitHub
Hi Marcel,

I am using aeon.nox.silvo and have a couple of movies that show Rotten tomatoes N/A

12 years a slave
A clockwork orange

Both movies are in Rotten Tomato DB, not sure what the issue is

Thanks for checking
Hi Marcel,

I'm trying to build in the view selector but having a problem. It seems that some languageid's aren't working. I've confirmed the number exists in the correct strings.po and retyped the line but when executing the view the name is blank? it's effecting several of my views but all exist in strings.po and the correct numbers are assigned in the relevant languageid.

Any idea's what I've done wrong?

Mike.
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
(2015-12-18, 17:31)tomer953 Wrote: Window.Property(colorstring) - is giving you the color you are now picking, but I want the color that in the "memory" - before you replace it with the new one.

Please check latest Git. I have added a new window property: current.colorstring which will return the previously set color.

(2015-12-18, 17:31)tomer953 Wrote: In addition, in my old picker, I had an advantage of "live preview" - for example, when you changes skin main color, you click on some color, and see in the background the whole skin changes

This behaviour has now been adjusted on Git. Please test. The color will directly be saved when a user clicks a color in the list. If the action is cancelled (back/escape), the previous value will be restored.
(2015-12-20, 19:05)digitalhigh Wrote: 1. When using the "RecommendedMedia" helper function, I am having trouble figuring out the proper infolabel to use in order to display the item's *EPISODE* name. I can get the show title, episode number, season number, year, etc. But I cannot figure out what to use to make the episode name display.

2. Would it be possible to integrate this with the Plexbmc or Google Play Music addon, similar to what you are doing with NetfliXBMC addon? I am developing a skin that is going to add a lot of focus on these apps, and it would be nice to have their contents available as a source of data in the groupings Skin Helper adds.

1. The episode name should be in the ListItem.Label infolabel...

2. Please test with the latest Git version of the script; it should now also return plex items in the recommended media listing.
(2015-12-21, 14:02)im85288 Wrote: Is it possible to get season banners via the webservice?

Season banners should already be available in the default Kodi infolabels..
Or did you mean to automatically look them up at fanart.tv ?
(2015-12-22, 06:08)wyrm Wrote: At the moment the user assigns something in their system to a favourite and then has to navigate back thru the system to get to my skin settings menu in order to add it to the home screen. If instead they could assign something to a favourites in the context menu and then in the same context menu assign the favourite to home menu this would greatly simplify the whole process for the user.

Are you using skinshortcuts for your menu shortcuts ?
In that case this would be do-able with some work.
(2015-12-22, 08:56)jurialmunkey Wrote: Do you think there is any possibility of a function to call the Actor search function you get when you click a cast member in DialogVideoInfo (shows all movies/tv in library that cast member is in) Huh

I don't think that I can call that builtin dialog but I can make it close:

1. Currently the script already has a "getcastmedia" plugin endpoint, that will return all items in the local library for the selected cast member. Usage: plugin://script.skin.helper.service/?action=getcastmedia&name=[fullnameofactor]

2. I can also add a script endpoint that will display a dialogselect with all media titles, just like the default builtin dialog.

Please let me know if option 1 already suits your needs or you'd like to have the selectdialog.
(2015-12-23, 18:54)badaas Wrote: Is there any way to get the DBID of currently playing video?

No...
(2015-12-28, 21:37)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-12-22, 06:08)wyrm Wrote: At the moment the user assigns something in their system to a favourite and then has to navigate back thru the system to get to my skin settings menu in order to add it to the home screen. If instead they could assign something to a favourites in the context menu and then in the same context menu assign the favourite to home menu this would greatly simplify the whole process for the user.

Are you using skinshortcuts for your menu shortcuts ?
In that case this would be do-able with some work.

If you're using skinshortcuts for the menu shortcuts, it's something I've been playing around with... (though that branch is nowhere near ready for general usage!)
  • 75(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
skin helper service18