• 85(current)
Release skin helper service
(2016-01-17, 19:12)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2016-01-17, 19:02)badaas Wrote: Still slow here, version i pointed out is fluid..

Can you tell me what EXACTLY is slow ? So, what property, function, or list ?

Yes sorry.
Say with skin eunique, go to tv shows and move round items. The cast widget takes ~3 seconds to load cast.
In version i pointed out it is instant (once cached).
Goto movies and use dv flex view, cast is slow again. Open item to get dialog video info and it is delayed loading art / widget / cast etc. Use previous version it is instant.
Widgets on home are forever updating, on previous version they update quickly.

This is on htpc over wifi to seperate local server.
(2016-01-18, 00:53)badaas Wrote: Say with skin eunique, go to tv shows and move round items. The cast widget takes ~3 seconds to load cast.
Goto movies and use dv flex view, cast is slow again. Open item to get dialog video info and it is delayed loading art / widget / cast etc. Use previous version it is instant.

Just tested, it is instant. Also home widgets update instantly.
Something on your setup messed up perhaps ?
Marcel, since day one of the script I have Lag in the loading of "Next Episodes" widget, I move to "tvshows" menu, and it take 4-5 second to load, then I move up to "movies" and instantly down to "tvshows" again, and still 4-5 seconds of loading... I will post about it later today, maybe a short vid to demonstrate.

about the missing pictures library - nevermind.. that user is not so important... maybe reinstall to kodi will solve it.. it is working in my end, so forget about it for now... 10x
Edit: Reinstall solved it.
any way to support subdirectories ? I don't know anyone with all his family pictures in one single folder
Phenomenal™ Skin • ForumWebsiteGitHub
(2016-01-18, 09:05)tomer953 Wrote: Marcel, since day one of the script I have Lag in the loading of "Next Episodes" widget, I move to "tvshows" menu, and it take 4-5 second to load, then I move up to "movies" and instantly down to "tvshows" again, and still 4-5 seconds of loading... I will post about it later today, maybe a short vid to demonstrate.

about the missing pictures library - nevermind.. that user is not so important... maybe reinstall to kodi will solve it.. it is working in my end, so forget about it for now... 10x
Edit: Reinstall solved it.
any way to support subdirectories ? I don't know anyone with all his family pictures in one single folder

1) You will always have a slight delay on initial load and refresh, the python interface adds overhead and while I tried to make is as optimal as possible (with caching etc) it will never be instant if you reload the list every time. The best practive is if you have multiple widget containers (can have same id) and hide them when not needed. That way the listing is already available and it will show instantly. You can have a look at titan and how I did it with using templates but that might be a bit complex becaus eof the multiple homescreens. I think some other skins like Arctic Zephyr have also implemented it this way.

2) It already supports subdirectories, just not the subdirectories IN the subdirectories, get what I mean ?
1. ill check it out. still I think it has some weird behavior because the long loading time., I have very strong setup, other widgets are FAST, ill check it and i'll update you.

2. yeah, I understand..I think that is not working also (c:\temp\temp2\bla.jpg - is not showing while c:\temp is set as the folder)
but, again, ill check it later today.
edit: my friend report that it is working. so 10x again. although he has this structure: pictures\2014\event\photo.jpg, pictures\2015\event\photo.jpg etc...which is not supported by the method you mention.
Phenomenal™ Skin • ForumWebsiteGitHub
hi Marcel,

stupid question time from me, you properties i.e. movie set ones, should be available for use in item / focused layout right?

Mike
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
@marcelveldt,

I'm seeing a consistent 43-44 second delay at startup with 1.0.32: http://pastebin.com/sqH9sikz

Rolled back to 1.0.23 with same machine and it's almost instant: http://pastebin.com/bNBL3tv4

Only happened to notice because I use the Emby addon and it doesn't start until after the skinhelper service. I disabled nearly every other addon and PVR for these tests to rule out an interference issue.

Any ideas?

EDIT: I should say this is a portable install (playing with Jarvis), would that have any effect on it?
(2016-01-18, 01:52)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2016-01-18, 00:53)badaas Wrote: Say with skin eunique, go to tv shows and move round items. The cast widget takes ~3 seconds to load cast.

Just tested, it is instant. Also home widgets update instantly.
Something on your setup messed up perhaps ?

nothing has changed with my setup.. have you ddeleted old caches and updated latest emby (ie. wipe all caches to test?).
and why does old version work and not new..? odd :/

log using latest helper on beta repo: https://www.dropbox.com/s/nclwl3gypjp53do/kodi.zip?dl=0
(2016-01-18, 13:40)Mike_Doc Wrote: stupid question time from me, you properties i.e. movie set ones, should be available for use in item / focused layout right?

Yes, for the current focused listitem only
(2016-01-18, 19:06)badaas Wrote: log using latest helper on beta repo: https://www.dropbox.com/s/nclwl3gypjp53do/kodi.zip?dl=0

This log is NOT from the latest skinhelper...
I have a feeliong I know what's going on. Did you install the addon from git by zip maybe ?

In that case you will now have the addon duplicated on your system.
Never install the github zips directly in Kodi because that will create a second instance of the addon which is now "fighting" with the original one :-)

Look in your Kodi addons folder if you have a duplicated version of script.skin.helper.service in there, possibly with a "-master" prefix (as that is what happens if you get the github zip).
Remove the duplicated version and try again.

Latest beta skinhelper version is 1.0.32
(2016-01-18, 17:17)imadunatic Wrote: @marcelveldt,

I'm seeing a consistent 43-44 second delay at startup with 1.0.32: http://pastebin.com/sqH9sikz

Rolled back to 1.0.23 with same machine and it's almost instant: http://pastebin.com/bNBL3tv4

Only happened to notice because I use the Emby addon and it doesn't start until after the skinhelper service. I disabled nearly every other addon and PVR for these tests to rule out an interference issue.

Any ideas?

EDIT: I should say this is a portable install (playing with Jarvis), would that have any effect on it?

See my comments to badaas in the post above. Maybe the same thing applies to you too ?
(2016-01-18, 21:02)marcelveldt Wrote: See my comments to badaas in the post above. Maybe the same thing applies to you too ?

Could very well be.... I'll clean it out and install from the Emby Beta Repo (I believe this repo contains the latest release?). Is there a different repo that contains the latest that I should be using?

If I am still having this issue, I think I'll just delete the portable install folder and start over. I didn't have internet when I originally set this up which I'm sure didn't help my cause.

Thanks for the help.
(2016-01-18, 21:12)imadunatic Wrote: Could very well be.... I'll clean it out and install from the Emby Beta Repo (I believe this repo contains the latest release?). Is there a different repo that contains the latest that I should be using?

If I am still having this issue, I think I'll just delete the portable install folder and start over. I didn't have internet when I originally set this up which I'm sure didn't help my cause.

Thanks for the help.

The latest stable version is available on the official Kodi repo, I always post the latest beta to the emby repo (because that is where I host my own skin) and I know a few skinners who host the latest beta/git version on their own repos.

So, you should be fine if you clean it up and just install from the emby repo.
hi, i got a question about
Code:
Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.Music.TrackList)
the readme says
Code:
Returns all tracks (in the library) for the selected album or artist, separated by [CR] in the format tracknumber - title
but i dont get any Tracknumers.

Would make it easier to read with numbers

running the latest git version
(2016-01-19, 00:13)meowmoo Wrote: hi, i got a question about
Code:
Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.Music.TrackList)
the readme says
Code:
Returns all tracks (in the library) for the selected album or artist, separated by [CR] in the format tracknumber - title
but i dont get any Tracknumers.

Do you have the tracknumbers in your ID3 tags of your songs (and thus scraped into Kodi library) ?
It will only show the tracknumber if that info is actually present in the library
  • 85(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
skin helper service18