• 110(current)
Release skin helper service
Almost working for me but I've worked out what's actually going wrong - it's the ignore articles ie 'the'.

I tried adding it to line 614 of PluginContent.py -

PHP Code:
json_result getJSON('VideoLibrary.GetGenres''{"type": "%s", "sort": { "order": "ascending", "method": "title", "ignorearticle": true }}' %type

but it didn't have any effect so it's out of my depth now.

EDIT: It's not only the ignore articles that's messing my ordering up, it's also because I use sort title on some movies to get them in the release order.

ie Alien (Alien 1), Aliens (Alien 2), Alien³ (Alien 3), Alien: Resurrection (Alien 4).
(2016-03-08, 23:30)Hitcher Wrote: EDIT: It's not only the ignore articles that's messing my ordering up, it's also because I use sort title on some movies to get them in the release order.

ie Alien (Alien 1), Aliens (Alien 2), Alien³ (Alien 3), Alien: Resurrection (Alien 4).

What happens if you just use sorttitle as the method on that line ?
No change. Also added it to line 608 but no change and I'm deleting the addon data each time in case.
(2016-03-08, 23:55)Hitcher Wrote: No change. Also added it to line 608 but no change and I'm deleting the addon data each time in case.

I've checked in the change that it should use the sorttitle. In my setup that seams to be working okay.
Maybe the kodi texture cache is keeping stuff in memory ? can be a bit tricky while working with the images from the webservice
OK I'll give the texture.db the boot as well. Wink
Got there eventually. Laugh

WebService.py line 182 -

PHP Code:
sort '"order": "ascending", "method": "sorttitle", "ignorearticle": true' 

EDIT: Just realised that the ignorearticle would need to be based on whether the following gui setting was true or false.

PHP Code:
<settings>
    <
filelists>
        <
ignorethewhensorting>false</ignorethewhensorting>
    </
filelists>
</
settings

Don't know if that's possible or not though.

marcelveldt?
(2016-03-09, 02:12)Hitcher Wrote: Got there eventually. Laugh

WebService.py line 182 -

PHP Code:
sort '"order": "ascending", "method": "sorttitle", "ignorearticle": true' 

EDIT: Just realised that the ignorearticle would need to be based on whether the following gui setting was true or false.

PHP Code:
<settings>
    <
filelists>
        <
ignorethewhensorting>false</ignorethewhensorting>
    </
filelists>
</
settings

Don't know if that's possible or not though.

marcelveldt?

Hmmm, from my understanding the sorttitle doesn't contain "the" so the ignorearticlepart is redundant in this case...
Am I wrong in my assumption ? In that case I'd say we leave the ignorearticle in
No sorttitle doesn't ignore articles. I needed this in my tests otherwise 'the' wasn't ignored.
(2016-03-09, 03:08)Hitcher Wrote: No sorttitle doesn't ignore articles. I needed this in my tests otherwise 'the' wasn't ignored.

OK, I checked it in with the ignorearticle. Thanks for debugging!
Thanks but you might not want to add it unless there's a way of checking if it's actually enabled or not in the guisettings?
(2016-03-09, 03:25)Hitcher Wrote: Thanks but you might not want to add it unless there's a way of checking if it's actually enabled or not in the guisettings?

I tested it with my setup (and I do not have it enabled in the guisettings) and it appears to be working fine.
I'll leave it like this unless/untill someone discovers an issue with it.
Hi Marcel,

after clearing out dirs, I've found the following

1) Skin Helper seems to be finding the animate poster as in /animatedgifs I have tt0076759_poster_0_original.gif for Star Wars New hope
2) $INFO[Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.AnimatedPoster)] seems to be empty? I've updated the label showing IMDB no to include this and it doesn't display anything?

The $INFO is correct isn't it? if so any idea why it would be empty even though it seems helper has fetched the poster?

Thanks,

Mike.
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
Hi guys,

this bug i posted a few days ago is back somehow or was not fully resolved,
though i better mention it.

(2016-03-07, 00:21)neurosis13 Wrote: well the bug i posted earlier is really a bit weird,

notice the movie list

Battle: LA followed by the movie "You're next" in the list.

i get the critic consensus of the "You're next"

to rule out a skin issue i checked titan skin, same issue.

thought it would be better to report this, might be helpful....
(2016-03-08, 23:30)Hitcher Wrote: Almost working for me but I've worked out what's actually going wrong - it's the ignore articles ie 'the'.

I tried adding it to line 614 of PluginContent.py -

PHP Code:
json_result getJSON('VideoLibrary.GetGenres''{"type": "%s", "sort": { "order": "ascending", "method": "title", "ignorearticle": true }}' %type

but it didn't have any effect so it's out of my depth now.

EDIT: It's not only the ignore articles that's messing my ordering up, it's also because I use sort title on some movies to get them in the release order.

@Hitch, does the sortby option not work for you? Of course it could depend on what you are doing but in my movie sets view I had the problem with the films not coming back in correct order then updated the content to

<content target="video" sortby="year" sortorder="ascending">videodb://movies/sets/$INFO[ListItem.DBID]/</content>

and they are now in the correct order based on the year

Mike.
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
I am using the skin helper service to build out widget menus. It takes a very long time, and seems to throw quite a few errors in the log. Uploaded for you to take a look at your convenience.

http://xbmclogs.com/ptrw25mzm
  • 110(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
skin helper service18