• 121(current)
Release skin helper service
(2016-04-02, 14:29)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2016-03-25, 21:53)im85288 Wrote: Very nice, missed that on first look. Would you be able to do the same for tv shows? TV Top250

The property should now also be returned for tvshows (latest git)

Working like a charm, thank you very much.
(2016-04-02, 16:42)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2016-03-25, 01:50)Edworld Wrote: I don't know if this is even possible, but would be nice if you can refresh data on a movie per movie basis instead of deleting all the json files. In this example, rotten tomatoes (ratings and critic consensus, awards, etc) and metacritic stats for se7en are wrong:

This is now properly fixed. The Rotten Tomatoes and Top250 properties won't be stored in the permanent cache anymore so at every fresh boot they will be pulled from OMDB.

Also, the IMDB, Top250 and Rotten Tomatoes props will now also be returned for tv shows

Thanks!
Marcel:

I will do more testing but it looks like if you have 2 movies with the same name, it returns a top250 position on both of them. In my case, it is with Beauty and the Beast
(2016-04-07, 00:05)Edworld Wrote: Marcel:

I will do more testing but it looks like if you have 2 movies with the same name, it returns a top250 position on both of them. In my case, it is with Beauty and the Beast

In that case check if you have the imdbid scraped into the database
Thanks to you know i have the option to read the video tags. This is working fine. Today i noticed the cache issue again. I have added some more tags and tagged a few videos with an 'atmos' tag.

I have restarted Kodi and tried the new tagged movies. The old tagged movies are working fine but the new are not. As you suggested i made some changes to the database by changing the watch/unwatched status.
Restarted Kodi again but the new tagged movies are still not working. So i decided to remove the userdata/skin.helper.service folder and restart Kodi again. After that restart the new tagged movies are
working too.
So i assume the cache is the issue. Any idea how to solve?

It's not a very big issue for me. I don't alter the tag database very often but i'm interested why this cache behavior.
Hey, just wondering where/how can this be reinstalled? I loaded up Kodi today and it's giving a lot of Skin Helper Service errors. So I figured I would back up my titan settings and reinstall titan, but when I go to backup it says I'm missing installation file for Skin Helper Service.

So just wondering how do I reinstall it? I can't see it in the addons section.

Thanks for help and amazing work as always!

Edit: And as usual, I find the solution straight after posting for help ha. Just selected an older version of the addon and all is well again. Smile
How animated poster is working ?

1. I have add a skin setting for animated poster (Skin.HasSetting(Skin_EnableAnimatedPosters)).

2. I have add this into my Home.xml

Code:
<onload condition="Skin.HasSetting(Skin_EnableAnimatedPosters)">Skin.SetBool(SkinHelper.EnableAnimatedPosters)</onload>

3. When I use :

Code:
$INFO[Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.AnimatedPoster)]

Return nothing

When I use :

Code:
$INFO[ListItem.Art(animatedposter)]

It return animated poster for only one of my movies

I see you have add this :

Quote:NOTE: UPDATED 01-04-2026:

The properties will now also be saved into the Kodi database for easy access in lists: ListItem.Art(animatedposter) and ListItem.Art(animatedfanart)

A contextmenu will be shown in the movies library to allow the user to manual select the animated artwork

But I have nothing in context menu.
 Estuary MOD V2 
Hi guilouz,

Not evey movie has an animated poster, the database is fairly new and constantly being added to. You need to have a !isempty check on it and then display if it exists otherwise display poster if isempty or a var with conditions etc. Whatever you decide as a solution when animated poster don't exist.

The listitems are recent as is the context so please check you have latest from git. I only briely tested these last weekend and they seemed to be mainly working, but i can't test again until this weekend to let marcel know if there are any issues,

Only the listitems will work in item / focused layout. So the original window property won't work as looking at your estuary view it looks like your in a list?

Also go back a few posts / pages and look for me or angelinas as there is a new clearproperty you need to have in home.xml as well for the latest skin helper. It is mentioned in a recent post.

Hope this helps buddy.
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
(2016-04-07, 22:17)Mike_Doc Wrote: Hi guilouz,

Not evey movie has an animated poster, the database is fairly new and constantly being added to. You need to have a !isempty check on it and then display if it exists otherwise display poster if isempty or a var with conditions etc. Whatever you decide as a solution when animated poster don't exist.

The listitems are recent as is the context so please check you have latest from git. I only briely tested these last weekend and they seemed to be mainly working, but i can't test again until this weekend to let marcel know if there are any issues,

Only the listitems will work in item / focused layout. So the original window property won't work as looking at your estuary view it looks like your in a list?

Also go back a few posts / pages and look for me or angelinas as there is a new clearproperty you need to have in home.xml as well for the latest skin helper. It is mentioned in a recent post.

Hope this helps buddy.

Yes I have lastest from git (Latest commit b76c09c a day ago).

I use this view in estuary :

Code:
<control type="group">
            <include>OpenClose_Right</include>
            <left>100</left>
            <top>172</top>
            <visible>Control.IsVisible(500)</visible>
            <include>Visible_Right</include>
            <control type="panel" id="500">
                <left>0</left>
                <top>0</top>
                <width>1800</width>
                <height>720</height>
                <onleft>9000</onleft>
                <onright>531</onright>
                <onup>500</onup>
                <ondown>500</ondown>
                <viewtype label="31102">icon</viewtype>
                <preloaditems>2</preloaditems>
                <pagecontrol>531</pagecontrol>
                <scrolltime tween="cubic" easing="out">500</scrolltime>
                <visible>Container.Content(movies) | Container.Content(sets) | Container.Content(tvshows) | Container.Content(seasons) | Container.Content(episodes) | Container.Content(artists) | Container.Content(albums) | Container.Content(musicvideos) | Container.Content(addons)</visible>
                <itemlayout height="360" width="300" condition="Container.Content(movies) | Container.Content(sets) | Container.Content(tvshows) | Container.Content(seasons)">
                    <control type="image">
                        <left>0</left>
                        <top>-1</top>
                        <width>256</width>
                        <height>362</height>
                        <texture fallback="DefaultVideo.png" background="true">$VAR[ListPosterVar]</texture>
                        <bordertexture border="20">overlays/shadow.png</bordertexture>
                        <bordersize>20</bordersize>
                        <animation effect="slide" end="-15,0" time="0" condition="true">Conditional</animation>
                    </control>......

When I remove Skin.SetBool(SkinHelper.EnableAnimatedPosters), $INFO[ListItem.Art(animatedposter)] continues to operate. So, it has nothing to do with skin.helper ? Integrate in Kodi ?

And I have no possibility to change animated poster in context menu, there nothing to do that...
 Estuary MOD V2 
(2016-04-07, 22:45)Guilouz Wrote: And I have no possibility to change animated poster in context menu, there nothing to do that...
XBoxMediaCenter (Kodi Matrix ) 19.3 , AndroidBox -Matrix Skin AeonMQ6
(2016-04-08, 00:04)Angelinas Wrote:
(2016-04-07, 22:45)Guilouz Wrote: And I have no possibility to change animated poster in context menu, there nothing to do that...

I have already enable context menu in settings but not appear in context menu...

Estuary MOD V2 
Yes, the Listitem will probably still be available without the skin.bool because Marcel was kind enough to add in the ability for Animated posters / backgrounds to write to the DB as the 2 new Lititems. So once these are created the I would presume they are always available.

The Skin.bool is for I believe mainly for the automatic process of looking for an animated poster / background. that will not execute without the skin.bool being set.

I, like Angelinas, just activated the skin helper option and the context menu option is there for use. can't help in more detail until the weekend. But will take a look if you don't resolve it before then.
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
I don't think you need to set nothing in startup.xml \ onload stuff...
you'll only need the radiobutton to toggle settings in your skinsettings.xml , and:
Code:
<value condition="Skin.HasSetting(SkinHelper.EnableAnimatedPosters) + !IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.AnimatedPoster))">$INFO[Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.AnimatedPoster)]</value>
something like this in your variable, to check if the animated poster is exist. (if not fallback to your default icon\thumb\poster..)

but, any thoughts why the animated posters is working on one view, but not work in others? I put exactly the same "image" control, and it just not working on some views..
Phenomenal™ Skin • ForumWebsiteGitHub
(2016-03-23, 11:33)marcelveldt Wrote: question to all...

Which skins are utilizing the forced views feature of the script ?
Someone asked me today who wants to use it with my new spotify addon.

Ive missed this post.
I'm using the forced view, and the view selector in Phenomenal.
If you're planning any changes, please ping me.
Phenomenal™ Skin • ForumWebsiteGitHub
(2016-04-08, 10:52)tomer953 Wrote: but, any thoughts why the animated posters is working on one view, but not work in others? I put exactly the same "image" control, and it just not working on some views..

Do you have background=true set to your image control ?
  • 121(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
skin helper service18