• 128(current)
Release skin helper service
(2016-04-15, 20:48)Jayz2K Wrote: Not sure about the "option 3" needs if bulk runscripts works. Also if <onselect> allows to Run setconstant (a script launch in a running script ? That's some weird implementation I'm careful with ...

That said, there's no rush, take your time ... if you're looking that way, I know now where to continue and it's going to save me A HUGE amount of code.

Did you see this?

https://github.com/marcelveldt/script.sk...ts-at-once
Not that you don't have enough requests to be going on with, but another one for you to please consider Smile

Regarding animated artwork, the saving in the database is working well apart from one aspect - the path that is saved is to the locally cached version and not, like all other artwork in the database, to the original internet source. This means that when using a shared mysql database the image that is linked to doesn't exist, and the texture cache maintenance tool can't be used to pre-cache the image.

Is there any possibility of having the remote path saved into the database instead?

(My ultimate aim with both this and my previous request of having a way to trigger a scan for all artwork is to be able to use the animated artwork on lower-powered devices with a relatively lightweight skin. My ideal is for that device not to be scanning for and downloading the artwork as the library is browsed, but to trigger a scan -which the user will therefore know will be comparatively cpu/network intensive- or use another machine to actually get the artwork, then only deal with displaying it when the user is actually using the machine.)

Thanks once more for your consideration of the request, and your continued efforts on an essential script.
(2016-04-15, 20:53)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2016-04-15, 20:48)Jayz2K Wrote: Not sure about the "option 3" needs if bulk runscripts works. Also if <onselect> allows to Run setconstant (a script launch in a running script ? That's some weird implementation I'm careful with ...

That said, there's no rush, take your time ... if you're looking that way, I know now where to continue and it's going to save me A HUGE amount of code.

Did you see this?

https://github.com/marcelveldt/script.sk...ts-at-once
Damn it ? You pushed all those the time I wrote my reply ? o.0 ... Unbelievable !!!

PS : You said you will add a donate button but nothing in main post ? I would like to contribute !
[Skin] KOver - V1.1.0 Stable (Repo version)
[WIP] ReKOver - Skinning tool project

If I've been helpful or you like my work, hit "THANK USER" button ;) ...
(2016-04-15, 20:55)BobCratchett Wrote: Is there any possibility of having the remote path saved into the database instead?

Well, I'm afraid not.. the animated artwork doesn't work with an external path only with a local path.
That's the whole reason I decided to download them to the local thumbnails folder.

This script should check for existance of the local artwork btw
(2016-04-15, 21:05)Jayz2K Wrote: PS : You said you will add a donate button but nothing in main post ? I would like to contribute !

Updated the first post ;-)
(2016-04-15, 21:55)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2016-04-15, 20:55)BobCratchett Wrote: Is there any possibility of having the remote path saved into the database instead?

Well, I'm afraid not.. the animated artwork doesn't work with an external path only with a local path.
That's the whole reason I decided to download them to the local thumbnails folder.

This script should check for existance of the local artwork btw

That's a shame, but thanks for the info. I'll have another think about how best I can achieve what I'm after. (And there's no need to be afraid Wink)
(2016-04-15, 21:57)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2016-04-15, 21:05)Jayz2K Wrote: PS : You said you will add a donate button but nothing in main post ? I would like to contribute !

Updated the first post ;-)
Done Wink

Thx again for your amazing job ...
Will need some time to play with the new constants features and will report.

Cheers.
[Skin] KOver - V1.1.0 Stable (Repo version)
[WIP] ReKOver - Skinning tool project

If I've been helpful or you like my work, hit "THANK USER" button ;) ...
Hello,

I've recently started noticing a lot of errors in my log being generated by this script. I'm using version 1.0.68. Should I post up a debug log or is there an update for it coming soon that will fix it?

Thx
(2016-04-16, 05:52)leejk Wrote: I've recently started noticing a lot of errors in my log being generated by this script. I'm using version 1.0.68. Should I post up a debug log or is there an update for it coming soon that will fix it?

Yes, there is an update coming up. In fact, current version is 1.0.82
It can't harm hoewever to share your log so I can check if the errors are all caught now.
Marcel do you remember the FR about toggle kodi options?
I'm needing this since I'm always switch the gui language (my skin is support both rtl\ltrf alignment)..
kind of tired to do that from kodi settings... for now I made a workaround with my poor python skills
Code:
def toggleKodiSetting(settingname):
    #toggle kodi setting
    #curValue = xbmc.getCondVisibility("system.getbool(%s)"%settingname)
    if random.randint(1,2) == 2:
        newValue = "resource.language.en_gb"
    else:
        newValue = "resource.language.he_il"
    xbmc.executeJSONRPC('{"jsonrpc":"2.0", "id":1, "method":"Settings.SetSettingValue","params":{"setting":"%s","value":"%s"}}' %(settingname,newValue))
Code:
<F3>RunScript(script.skin.helper.service,action=togglekodisetting,setting=locale.language)</F3>

but I always stick to your latest git and need to rewrite it..
Phenomenal™ Skin • ForumWebsiteGitHub
Hi Marcel,

Is this available in lists?

Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.MovieSet.X.DiscArt)

If not is there anyway to get the movie set discs in a list?
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
(2016-04-16, 08:59)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2016-04-16, 05:52)leejk Wrote: I've recently started noticing a lot of errors in my log being generated by this script. I'm using version 1.0.68. Should I post up a debug log or is there an update for it coming soon that will fix it?

Yes, there is an update coming up. In fact, current version is 1.0.82
It can't harm hoewever to share your log so I can check if the errors are all caught now.

Hello,

I felt brave and installed the version in this threads first post from github. Now it looks like all of the errors are gone. One issue that's new tho is the Next Aired widget... now it always reports that it is busy. I'm not seeing anything in the log tho pertaining to that, but I will keep looking.

thx
(2016-04-17, 02:16)leejk Wrote: I felt brave and installed the version in this threads first post from github. Now it looks like all of the errors are gone. One issue that's new tho is the Next Aired widget... now it always reports that it is busy. I'm not seeing anything in the log tho pertaining to that, but I will keep looking.

Be very carefull with installing from Git! Do NOT install the zip file you download from Git because than you will have the addon doubled on your system.
You must manually unpack the contents of the zip and overwrite the addon's folder.
(2016-04-16, 10:02)tomer953 Wrote: Marcel do you remember the FR about toggle kodi options?
I'm needing this since I'm always switch the gui language (my skin is support both rtl\ltrf alignment)..
kind of tired to do that from kodi settings... for now I made a workaround with my poor python skills
I will include an option to set a Kodi setting value later today
Can the script read the state of non boolean kodi settings, ie. for default select action in video library; play|info|etc ! Smile
  • 128(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
skin helper service18