• 130(current)
Release skin helper service
(2016-04-21, 14:52)robwebset Wrote: I must confess - I know nothing about this plugin - but was looking at a log file for eBooks and spotted the following error, so thought I would post it here in case it helps with fine-tuning the addon.

Hmm, that error is happening inside the (external) musicbrainz library so beyond my reach (and I don't want to modify the source), this error shouldn't be happening at all. Is the person from the log perhaps having python issues or a very old version ?
(2016-04-22, 23:05)Angelinas Wrote: Marcel
Is this missing in listItemMonitor.py or I am Wrong...For me this is working in line 416, but maybe you have this in other files...

Line 521... resetPlayerWindowProps()
(2016-04-23, 00:03)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2016-04-21, 14:52)robwebset Wrote: I must confess - I know nothing about this plugin - but was looking at a log file for eBooks and spotted the following error, so thought I would post it here in case it helps with fine-tuning the addon.

Hmm, that error is happening inside the (external) musicbrainz library so beyond my reach (and I don't want to modify the source), this error shouldn't be happening at all. Is the person from the log perhaps having python issues or a very old version ?

Hi marcelveldt,

Based on the issue they reported (And my fix for eBooks) they are using Python 2.6 (I think - possibly earlier) - but I believe 2.6 is valid for Kodi?

Thanks
Rob
Hi marcelveldt,

I just wanted to say thanks to you! I'm using your wonderful addon in my mod (http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=256841) and it wouldn't be the same without the information and images it provides... Now I have added the animated poster options and it works great!

Thanks again! Smile
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
Quick question , i am using manfeed's MQ6 Mod.

I would like to update all posters at once with the animated posters. Somehow that doesn't work.

I can update them manually , but not all together . Is there a trick ? I already Cleaned the Library , updated it , and restarted everything. and in the log it says the skin helper is running.

Thanks for the help
(2016-04-26, 13:28)DrPepper Wrote: Quick question , i am using manfeed's MQ6 Mod.

I would like to update all posters at once with the animated posters. Somehow that doesn't work.

I can update them manually , but not all together . Is there a trick ? I already Cleaned the Library , updated it , and restarted everything. and in the log it says the skin helper is running.

Thanks for the help

If you install the latest version from the official repo it should auto pull all animated posters after a library scan.
Offcourse only if the animated posters feature is enabled
I have Jarvis installed but can't find the skin helper service. I had to install it manually
Marcel,
Subtitles language property is skipping "und" subtitles. ( http://i.imgur.com/M8HQL8k.jpg ) (you can see "eng / (2)" ), any chance to show the "und" subtitle ? I will replace it with a flag with question mark or something, but it is better to show something than nothing at all.
Phenomenal™ Skin • ForumWebsiteGitHub
Hi Marcel,

the 'animated artwork' context menu option, does it have any visibility conditions? one minute it is there the next it is not, even for films already showing an animated poster?
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
(2016-04-27, 11:19)DrPepper Wrote: I have Jarvis installed but can't find the skin helper service. I had to install it manually

Users do not need to install the skinhelper addon, it is installed ONLY by skins which actually support it.
The addon itself is hidden in the addon listing. You can only use the features from the skinhelper service if the skin you're using actually supports it.
(2016-04-29, 20:02)Mike_Doc Wrote: the 'animated artwork' context menu option, does it have any visibility conditions? one minute it is there the next it is not, even for films already showing an animated poster?

It checks for the animatedartwork bool to be enabled in the skin and if the listitem has a IMDBID

Do you use ReloadSkin() while skinning? I noticed a few times that issuing a reloadskin drops some contextmenu items...
(2016-04-27, 11:49)tomer953 Wrote: Marcel,
Subtitles language property is skipping "und" subtitles. ( http://i.imgur.com/M8HQL8k.jpg ) (you can see "eng / (2)" ), any chance to show the "und" subtitle ? I will replace it with a flag with question mark or something, but it is better to show something than nothing at all.

Why not show a question mark or flag if the property is empty ?
(2016-04-29, 20:40)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2016-04-27, 11:49)tomer953 Wrote: Marcel,

Why not show a question mark or flag if the property is empty ?

what I meant is:
Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItemSubtitles) = "eng / "
Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItemSubtitles.Count) = "2"
unmatched data? (2 subtitles but only "eng" is shown)
so it's not empty, but I don't see the other subtitle ...
Phenomenal™ Skin • ForumWebsiteGitHub
(2016-04-29, 20:39)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2016-04-29, 20:02)Mike_Doc Wrote: the 'animated artwork' context menu option, does it have any visibility conditions? one minute it is there the next it is not, even for films already showing an animated poster?

It checks for the animatedartwork bool to be enabled in the skin and if the listitem has a IMDBID

Do you use ReloadSkin() while skinning? I noticed a few times that issuing a reloadskin drops some contextmenu items...

Thanks Marcel, yeah use the ReloadSkin() a lot Tongue while skinning, tends to break quite a lot after a while, must learn to skin better Rofl
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
Just included something new (and cool) to the script...

Possibility to add a "sort alphabet" so your views to quickly jump to a certain letter...

https://github.com/marcelveldt/script.sk...edia-views
  • 130(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
skin helper service18