• 149(current)
Release skin helper service
(2016-08-17, 16:39)robwebset Wrote: Afraid I haven't tested it directly, I've got loads on at the moment - was thinking of a "nice to have" option and when you wrote the module I thought "Great!" - but afraid I wouldn't get to it for a while.

What I had a look at looked really good - and if you are already using it yourself, I'm confident it'll work for everyone Smile

I'll add it to the Kodi repo somewhere next week, along with a few other modules I'm creating atm.
Or to the new unoffical repo ;-)
BUMP:

(2016-08-22, 01:32)djhifi Wrote: With so many people implementing metacritic, popcorn and rotten tomatoes on their mods, can you implement a method to update those ratings without a need to rescrape the entire database?

Much like Rating Update Addon (for imdb)
(2016-08-17, 21:18)sualfred Wrote: Is it possible that properties won't be cleared for some cases?
$INFO[Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.Music.Albums)] is visible in DialogMusicInfo but as soon as the textviewer is active, the property is going to be cleared even if the info dialog stays visible in the background

Should be fixed now on Git. I've added some code to not flush anything when a modal dialog is active. Should do the trick but please test.
(2016-08-18, 19:19)sualfred Wrote: Found an issue with the cast info property. Only happens for few movies in my DB.

The error is now fixed on Git. It crashed because there was no cast info found.
(2016-08-28, 20:42)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2016-08-18, 19:19)sualfred Wrote: Found an issue with the cast info property. Only happens for few movies in my DB.

The error is now fixed on Git. It crashed because there was no cast info found.

To prevent mistakes: The cast list ignores local stored actor information for the played DBID item? Because that movie has stored cast information in the DB.

Edit:
Did a few tests. The cast list is empty for all videos, which have a special character in their titles. Examples: Déjà Vu, Brücke von Arnheim, Erlöse uns von den Bösen
Main: Lancool II Mesh  - Ryzen 9 5900x - MSI x570 Unify - Zotac RTX 3080 AMP HOLO - 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 -  EVO 960 M.2 250GB / EVO 940 250GB / MX100 512GB /  Crucial P1 2TB / WD Blue 3D Nand 2TB 
Sound: Saxx AS30 DSP - Beyer Dynamic Custom One Pro 
TV: Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro- Adalight 114x LEDs - Sony 65XG9505 - Kodi / Emby - Yamaha RX-V683 - Heco Victa 700/101/251a + Dynavoice Magic FX-4
Server: i3 Skylake - 8GB - OMV4 - 22TB Storage
(2016-08-20, 19:52)djhifi Wrote: I guess there is:
http://developer.rottentomatoes.com/docs...ie_Reviews

Ah okay, I missed that because currently only OMDBAPI is used to query the overall ratings.
I can add this in within a few weeks but I'd like to know what would be the preferred option for skinners:

1. Have the data available in window props (imo not the best solution).

2. An additional plugin path to get a list of the reviews.You can then use a custom container to list the reviews.

imo option 2 is best so you have a list of listitems with the info set.
e.g.:

ListItem.label --> Name of the reviewer
Listitem.Plot --> Quote of the review
Listitem.Date --> date the review was added
ListItem.Property(freshness)
ListItem.Property(reviewlink)
ListItem.Property(score)
(2016-08-28, 20:49)marcelveldt Wrote: Ah okay, I missed that because currently only OMDBAPI is used to query the overall ratings.
I can add this in within a few weeks but I'd like to know what would be the preferred option for skinners:

1. Have the data available in window props (imo not the best solution).

2. An additional plugin path to get a list of the reviews.You can then use a custom container to list the reviews.

imo option 2 is best so you have a list of listitems with the info set.
e.g.:

ListItem.label --> Name of the reviewer
Listitem.Plot --> Quote of the review
Listitem.Date --> date the review was added
ListItem.Property(freshness)
ListItem.Property(reviewlink)
ListItem.Property(score)

+1 for option #2
Main: Lancool II Mesh  - Ryzen 9 5900x - MSI x570 Unify - Zotac RTX 3080 AMP HOLO - 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 -  EVO 960 M.2 250GB / EVO 940 250GB / MX100 512GB /  Crucial P1 2TB / WD Blue 3D Nand 2TB 
Sound: Saxx AS30 DSP - Beyer Dynamic Custom One Pro 
TV: Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro- Adalight 114x LEDs - Sony 65XG9505 - Kodi / Emby - Yamaha RX-V683 - Heco Victa 700/101/251a + Dynavoice Magic FX-4
Server: i3 Skylake - 8GB - OMV4 - 22TB Storage
(2016-08-21, 21:07)elchupete Wrote: I probably found a bug in skin helper widgets for TV Shows

I assume that for TV Shows
listitem.year
should contain the year of the TV Shows Season first aired?

Guilouz said, that it is probably a skin helper issue?

No, it's actually a skin issue.

ListItem.Year --> Year the TV show started
ListItem.FirstAired --> Date the episode first aired

The skin should use Firstaired and not year for episodes...
(2016-08-22, 01:32)djhifi Wrote: Is it me or the animated posters are of low quality (pixels) even if we set the manually (and using local files?) This only started happening after the skin helper implementation, cause i select local gifs and they become pixelated.
That is not possible, the script doesn't touch the actual files, it just references them. How they are displayed completely depends on the skin and offcourse the artwork quality itself.

(2016-08-22, 01:32)djhifi Wrote: With so many people implementing metacritic, popcorn and rotten tomatoes on their mods, can you implement a method to update those ratings without a need to rescrape the entire database?

The ratings are automatically refreshed when you restart Kodi
(2016-08-26, 06:32)Magic815 Wrote: I'm using Kodi 16.1, and currently use the Arctic Zephyr skin (Jarvis version). It looks like this 'skin helper service' addon came with the skin.

However, I'm finding that Kodi will hang on exit due to the 'skin helper service'. These are my logs when I try to exit:
http://pastebin.com/9c93Z8yy

I also disabled Arctic Zephyr and disabled 'skin helper service' and I suddently am able to exit Kodi just fine. Is there an issue with this addon that just needs to get fixed? Or am I doing something wrong?

This should not happen at all, the code is created to make sure a clean shutdown happens at all times.
Looking at your log somehow the service gets started again right after it stopped.
Tbh I did not yet hear about this issue before so I'm starting to think something is messed on your end.

One think you could try to rule it all out is to make a backup of your kodu userdata folder, and start fresh (rename or delete the userdata folder).
Only install the skin (and so the skinhelper addon) and look if it quits properly.

One thing that pops into my head is that you have a duplicated version of the addon on your setup, might happen if you install from Git (never do that).
(2016-08-27, 18:46)Leoje Wrote: It's possible make skinhelper find same artwork for artist with 'The' and without 'The'?
For example:
The Prodigy -> Prodigy
The Offspring -> Offspring

Please explain better what you mean, currently I have no clue
(2016-08-28, 20:19)djhifi Wrote: BUMP:

No need to bump, I have a personal life too and sometimes that takes a little more time than replying on the forums ;-)
Anyway your Original post now has an answer
Hi,
For example:
When play internet radio streams from Kodi radio addon, if the artist name is 'The Offspring' the skinhelper find and show well all artwork, logo, artdisc, thumb, etc... But if the artist name is 'Offspring' the skinhelper can't find anything...
It's possible find a way to fix this?
Thanks.
(2016-08-29, 02:46)Leoje Wrote: Hi,
For example:
When play internet radio streams from Kodi radio addon, if the artist name is 'The Offspring' the skinhelper find and show well all artwork, logo, artdisc, thumb, etc... But if the artist name is 'Offspring' the skinhelper can't find anything...
It's possible find a way to fix this?
Thanks.

Best way to fix this: contact the radio and tell them to use in their stream the real band name Tongue
Moanbag is in da place!
(2016-08-28, 21:04)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2016-08-22, 01:32)djhifi Wrote: Is it me or the animated posters are of low quality (pixels) even if we set the manually (and using local files?) This only started happening after the skin helper implementation, cause i select local gifs and they become pixelated.
That is not possible, the script doesn't touch the actual files, it just references them. How they are displayed completely depends on the skin and offcourse the artwork quality itself.

The ratings are automatically refreshed when you restart Kodi

Thanks for the reply and
Disregard the first question mateSmile

Regarding the ratings:

You mean even IMDB ratings are getting updated? Well...they are not, cause aeon mq7 has view mods which display ratings centered (rotten tomatoes, meta critic, Imdb) and the skin itself has its own imdb display of ratings (check this to understand):
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=288301

On the very first picture of that thread, you see the discrepancies in the number of votes between the imdb ratings ? Middle and top right. The only one which is updatable is IMDB TOP RIGHT and via an addon. My ratings are not refreshing mate. In order to do so (and only for imdb as i said) i need to use an addon.

Which ones are you meaning that are being refreshed? Cause IMDB surely aint :S
  • 149(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
skin helper service18