• 177(current)
Release skin helper service
(2016-12-04, 14:58)Skinnerxyz Wrote: Where get you the infos for the epg movies from ?
Actually it runs the movie “ next“ but he dont get any labels for the movie ?

Sorry, can you rephrase your question with some more details as currently I don't understand what you mean.
(2016-12-04, 16:38)wyrm Wrote: sorry have been unwell and so have only just had a look at one of your previous posts. Previously I had asked how I could just assign the filename part of a file path to a skin string. After your suggestion to use -1 as a index to get to the filename part of the string I have tried the following to get what I am after.

PHP Code:
    <onclick>RunScript(script.skin.helper.service,action=stripstring,splitchar=/,string=$VAR[CustomPlaylistPlay],output=$INFO[Window(settings).Property(FileNameAndExt)],index=-1)</onclick>
    <
onclick>RunScript(script.skin.helper.service,action=stripstring,splitchar=.,string=$INFO[Window(settings).Property(FileNameAndExt)],output=$INFO[Window(settings).Property(FileName)],index=1)</onclick

unfortunately I don't seem to have anything written to the property string. So what have I messed up?

Your problem is the output parameter. You can only give the key there and the window will always be the Home window...
So in this case:
RunScript(script.skin.helper.service,action=stripstring,splitchar=/,string=$VAR[CustomPlaylistPlay],output=filenameandext,index=-1)

The output will be stored in:

$INFO[Window(Home).Property(filenameandext)]
Hi Marcel,
Small bug:
In file \addons\script.module.skin.helper.artutils\lib\helpers\musicartwork.py
line 293
PHP Code:
details["art"] = self.download_artwork(local_path_customdetails["art"]) 
maybe it should be:
PHP Code:
details["art"] = download_artwork(local_path_customdetails["art"]) 
(2016-12-04, 16:50)wyrm Wrote: I have also noticed a couple of bugs that I think have recently crept into the script. Unfortunately I can't pin down exactly when the problem occurred as your new builds are coming think and fast, but somewhere between 120 and 131.

Anyway problem 1 - the following code brings up a selection dialog as it did previously, but the skin string does not change when a item is selected.

PHP Code:
<onclick>RunScript(script.skin.helper.service,action=setskinsetting,setting=homemenu-typeval,header=$LOCALIZE[31900])</onclick

Hmmm, that should still work perfectly fine. In fact, I'm using a lot of those skinsettings in my own Titan skin too without any issues.
Can you spot any errors in your log maybe after you try to set a value ?
(2016-12-04, 16:59)xodi Wrote: Hi marcelveldt, is the time reported by skin helper adjusted to the local time? If it's not adjusted, something like next airing episode may not work correctly.

Yes it is, I tried to localize as much as I could but offcourse the whole rewrite was a hell of a job so I could have missed a spot.
I will double check it for this particular thing. You're referring to the nextaired widgets, right ?
(2016-12-04, 17:10)wyrm Wrote: and problem 2 - With the new feature that Krypton provides, of allowing the user to select 'INFO' of list items from places other than the library screens. Example, pressing the 'INFO' key on a shelf widget item will bring up a info screen for that item. Well sorta. This is working just fine for my video widgets, but the music widget items bring up a info screen that is missing most of the details. I am using ListItem.DBType to display the appropriate items depending on what the item DBType is.
So it would seem for music widgets ListitemDBType is not being assigned a value.

You're right, I will fix this in next update.
(2016-12-04, 17:10)wyrm Wrote: Also as a minor side issue, the wiki is showing & instead of &amp; as parameter separators for a number of widget entries. You might like to take a quick look.

Yeah, I figured every skinner would know that you should use &amp; in a xml file but I guess I was wrong with that assumption.
I'll adjust the wiki when I have some spare time. The readme for skinhelper widgets is also not very complete yet.
(2016-12-04, 17:14)Blurayx Wrote: Fanart not displaying, When I setup my own extrafanart for compilation(various Artist) Albums. If I put the same extrafanart folder into a non compilation(various Artist) Album, Estuary MOD displays the fanart.

Could be true as currently I'm only looking at album artists.
Can you tell me a little about the folder structure you use on disk ?
Do you have a folder "Various Artists" with inside the extrafanart and the compilation albums ?
(2016-12-04, 18:44)StealthDefender Wrote: Whats the best repo for marcelvelds addons?
Over official kodi repo i get no updates on skin helper service.

Official Kodi repo will be updated once the current beta release is stable enough. Skinners are currently adjusting their skins to reflect all the changes.
Installing my beta repo will be kind of useless if the skin you're using is not yet adjusted for the new versions.
(2016-12-04, 22:47)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2016-12-04, 16:59)xodi Wrote: Hi marcelveldt, is the time reported by skin helper adjusted to the local time? If it's not adjusted, something like next airing episode may not work correctly.

Yes it is, I tried to localize as much as I could but offcourse the whole rewrite was a hell of a job so I could have missed a spot.
I will double check it for this particular thing. You're referring to the nextaired widgets, right ?

Yes, nextaired widget.
(2016-12-04, 20:19)wheatfield Wrote: It used to somewhat work with the older version of skin helper. I can't remember exactly what it would do, but it did display art at the folder level and I haven't changed the naming scheme.

With the new version, when I run manual lookup at the folder level, it has the folder name in the search field already. But It just won't download unless I do each folder manually.

OK, I'm not sure if this is the same for all PVR backends (I'm using tvheadend myself) but i think I found a way to make it work on both levels.
From my findings the actual movie/show title is in the recording path and not in the actual title (because that will be the episode title).
So I've added some logic to extract the title from the recordings path, hopefully that will do the trick.

I will provide an updated version of script.module.skin.helper.artutils later today or tomorrow.
(2016-12-04, 22:41)JohnyBee Wrote: Hi Marcel,
Small bug:
In file \addons\script.module.skin.helper.artutils\lib\helpers\musicartwork.py
line 293

Thanks!
(2016-12-04, 23:29)xodi Wrote:
(2016-12-04, 22:47)marcelveldt Wrote:

Yes, nextaired widget.

Well, it will be almost impossible to fix perfectly as I have no clue of the timezone of the airtime that is reported.
Currently it indeed only looks at the airdate, the best thing I can do is include "today" in the results so if the episode is airing today it will still be in the listing untill the whole day has passed.
(2016-12-05, 00:14)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2016-12-04, 23:29)xodi Wrote:
(2016-12-04, 22:47)marcelveldt Wrote: Yes it is, I tried to localize as much as I could but offcourse the whole rewrite was a hell of a job so I could have missed a spot.

Yes, nextaired widget.

Well, it will be almost impossible to fix perfectly as I have no clue of the timezone of the airtime that is reported.
Currently it indeed only looks at the airdate, the best thing I can do is include "today" in the results so if the episode is airing today it will still be in the listing untill the whole day has passed.

The latest version works fine for this. Thanks!
Hi Marcel, would you please use some encoding for the file names in the artworkcache and musicartcache folders for the script.skin.helper.service like the file name in Thumbnails folder?
I tried to backup my data and encountered errors for bad file names. Then I found the files in these two cache folders are weird. For example, for video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vc93nuMdvMg, there is a cache file named like "He swallowed his dog's toy 馃槀馃槀 turn sound on 馃攰-2016.xml". The name is not accessible in tools like adb shell or es file explorer.
It's better to have a way to clear the cache.
Thanks!
  • 177(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
skin helper service18