• 200(current)
Release skin helper service
It does work on some Recordings, but not on all. A example is "American Ultra".
The http-request finds Clearart, the $INFO-code doesn't find a clearart.
Edit: This is solved by automatic refresh via context menu

In Addition, the images are different for $INFO[..] and the http-request Huh Shouldn't it be the same?

Another strange behaviour:
The ChannelLogo ($INFO-string) isn't working for the channel "Sky Cinema+1 HD".

all tested on v143 from today
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
works for me, "American Ultra".

XBoxMediaCenter (Kodi Matrix ) 19.3 , AndroidBox -Matrix Skin AeonMQ6
Hi Marcel,
Just checking if your beta repo is compatible with Kodi v17.0 Krypton RC? I just upgraded to this version today and have nothing installed as yet, but when I tried to install your latest repo from the Git, I keep getting a pop-up saying 'Failed to Install Addon from Zip File', so wasn't sure if it's actually compatible with this version of Kodi?

Edit: All sorted :-)
(2017-01-09, 02:09)marcelveldt Wrote: Will be available in next update, than you can use skinhelper.listitem.posters for multiimage path.

Note 1: posters won't be downloaded to save bandwidth (only on first use by kodi texture cache)
Note 2: you'll have to flush the cache

https://github.com/marcelveldt/script.sk...---Artwork

Not working new Art,
Code:
SkinHelper.ListItem.Art.Posters
SkinHelper.ListItem.Art.ClearLogos
SkinHelper.ListItem.Art.Banners
hello,

gives a Label thats me differ ifs a tv show or a movie in PVR content?

i get the cast :

plugin://script.skin.helper.service/?action=getcast&movie=[MOVIENAME OR DBID]
plugin://script.skin.helper.service/?action=getcast&tvshow=[TVSHOW NAME OR DBID]
plugin://script.skin.helper.service/?action=getcast&movieset=[MOVIESET NAME OR DBID]
plugin://script.skin.helper.service/?action=getcast&episode=[EPISODE NAME OR DBID]

But i must differ for the pvr, because bei tvshows i must use the call "tvshow=" and by movies "movie=" for the cast call

THX
(2017-01-09, 21:19)Skinnerxyz Wrote: hello,

gives a Label thats me differ ifs a tv show or a movie in PVR content?

i get the cast :

plugin://script.skin.helper.service/?action=getcast&movie=[MOVIENAME OR DBID]
plugin://script.skin.helper.service/?action=getcast&tvshow=[TVSHOW NAME OR DBID]
plugin://script.skin.helper.service/?action=getcast&movieset=[MOVIESET NAME OR DBID]
plugin://script.skin.helper.service/?action=getcast&episode=[EPISODE NAME OR DBID]

But i must differ for the pvr, because bei tvshows i must use the call "tvshow=" and by movies "movie=" for the cast call

THX

Yup you'll find it cannot really be used in pvr as (at least with TVHeadend) it is not identifying if it's a movie or episode. In the past I've just assumed it's a movie but then you end up with some very strange results! My advice would be to not use it in pvr
(2017-01-09, 22:12)im85288 Wrote: Yup you'll find it cannot really be used in pvr as (at least with TVHeadend) it is not identifying if it's a movie or episode. In the past I've just assumed it's a movie but then you end up with some very strange results! My advice would be to not use it in pvr
Try this, you can use with all PVR...Marcel set this up Smile
Code:
plugin://script.skin.helper.service/?action=getcast&$INFO[Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItem.media_type)]=$VAR[value_videotitle]&downloadthumbs=true

Marcel I'll try to add "fallback" but this dont working for "banner" .With fallback dont have art,Only working for poster and fanart.When remove "fallback" list have art "banner"....
Code:
22:03:27.455 T:4352   DEBUG: CurlFile::Open(23478790) http://localhost:52307/getartwork&title=The Man from UNCLE&type=banner&fallback=blanc.png
22:03:27.664 T:5772   DEBUG: Skin Helper Service --> webservice called with params: {'action': u'getartwork', 'fallback': u'blanc.png', 'type': u'banner', 'title': u'The Man from UNCLE'}
22:03:27.673 T:5772   DEBUG: Skin Helper Service --> webservice image: blanc.png - fallback: blanc.png - artwork: {'fanart': u'http://image.tmdb.org/t/p/original/2GnVy617ZYRjh3zohJypLSMEIjO.jpg', 'posters': [u'http://image.tmdb.org/t/p/original/5ttOaThDVmTpV8iragbrhdfxEep.jpg', u'http://image.tmdb.org/t/p/original/i9P3FU8z2Sd7jYRx6l1Iby0zP0o.jpg''} - title: The Man from UNCLE
22:03:27.673 T:5772   DEBUG: Skin Helper Service --> Webservice --> [09/Jan/2017 22:03:27] "GET /getartwork&action=getartwork&fallback=blanc.png&type=banner&title=The+Man+from+UNCLE HTTP/1.1" 200 -
22:03:27.675 T:5772   DEBUG: Skin Helper Service --> sending image for request /getartwork&action=getartwork&fallback=blanc.png&type=banner&title=The+Man+from+UNCLE
(2017-01-09, 22:28)Angelinas Wrote:
(2017-01-09, 22:12)im85288 Wrote: Yup you'll find it cannot really be used in pvr as (at least with TVHeadend) it is not identifying if it's a movie or episode. In the past I've just assumed it's a movie but then you end up with some very strange results! My advice would be to not use it in pvr
Try this, you can use with all PVR...Marcel set this up Smile
Code:
plugin://script.skin.helper.service/?action=getcast&$INFO[Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItem.media_type)]=$VAR[value_videotitle]&downloadthumbs=true

EDIT

Works great THX
Hi Marcel,

Can I ask for some help please, got a dev laptop running windows 10 and installed V17 RC2 as portable with all requireds addons but when it runs I get 'Skin helper errors' showing and after checking the log it seems I have a python problem as it same 'Import Error: no module named dateutil'.

Now I've checked and I don't have python itself installed but Kodi comes with xbmc,python so I have no idea what the issue could be.

I now there is something strange going on as it takes several attempts to install anything in Kodi, constant installation failed, checked privileges and they look fine but I have V16 as main install and that is working without issue.

any ideas / pointers on fixing this?, I checked my main HTPC and again no python installed and it is RC2 and working fine, search C: and found dateuitl in script tvshow next aired, installed that on laptop and rebooted but still the same?

Should there be a 'dateutil' folder in adons as I see previous to the error in the log it is getting .arrow from Arrow and that shows \addons\script.module.arrow so should there be a script.moduel.dateutil?

Thanks

Mike,

EDIT: think I fixed it now, found script.module.dateutil on a kodi mirror. Still be nice to know if you have any idea why it was missing? perhaps something to do with the constant installation failed as I presume it is a dependency and just installed with something else?
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
(2017-01-08, 17:11)badaas Wrote: Alphabet picker broken?

Latest Krypton beta, checked on Titan skin, picker not moving list to required letter.

Me or proved broken?
(2017-01-10, 12:13)Mike_Doc Wrote: EDIT: think I fixed it now, found script.module.dateutil on a kodi mirror. Still be nice to know if you have any idea why it was missing? perhaps something to do with the constant installation failed as I presume it is a dependency and just installed with something else?

I want to chip in here and say that I somewhat disagree with the standard practice that has been adopted by the Kodi team to obfuscate the "Dependancy" addons from view within Kodi. There should be an option to show these types of addon within the repository depending on user-level settings as defined in Kodi itself, i.e: 'Advanced / Expert' level (If this is already the case, I've not seen it). As when dependancies fail to install there is no easy way to re-install these dependancy addons without completely quitting Kodi, trawl across to the repo website, download the required addon(s) and then restart Kodi and manually install them.

The notification for failed addons is also so short, it's sometimes the case that when an addon has multiple dependancies, if one fails, the notification is replaced / gone so quickly by subsequent notifications that the end-user is either unaware, or doesn't know specifically which one failed to install, as Mike has alluded to in his post. And only by scouring the logs can one then reasonably determine what's missing.

For less experienced users, I can see the point of hiding dependancy addons to reduce the amount of needless forum spam related to non-working addons or dependancies that are installed in error, but there ought to be the option for advanced tinkerers to bypass this to be able to install dependancies directly via the Kodi repo without having to jump through unessecary hoops to do so.

My 2p.

Gib.
There are several errors while zapping:
Code:
19:40:39.483 T:1296036768   ERROR: CCurlFile::Stat - Failed: Timeout was reached(28) for http://localhost:52307/getpvrthumb&title=Wissen macht Ah!&type=clearart,poster&fallback=empty.png
19:40:40.041 T:1160770464   ERROR: CCurlFile::Stat - Failed: Timeout was reached(28) for http://localhost:52307/getpvrthumb&title=Sturm der Liebe (226)&type=clearart,poster&fallback=empty.png
19:40:40.604 T:1181741984   ERROR: CCurlFile::Stat - Failed: Timeout was reached(28) for http://localhost:52307/getpvrthumb&title=Transoceânica - Die längste Busreise der Welt (2/5)&type=clearart,poster&fallback=empty.png
19:40:50.464 T:1485501344 WARNING: Skin Helper Service --> Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.skin.helper.service/resources/lib/webservice.py", line 253, in handle_request
                                                self.send_response(200)
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/BaseHTTPServer.py", line 406, in send_response
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/BaseHTTPServer.py", line 412, in send_header
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/socket.py", line 328, in write
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/socket.py", line 307, in flush
                                            error: [Errno 32] Broken pipe
19:40:50.464 T:1485501344   ERROR: Skin Helper Service --> Exception in resources.lib.webservice ! --> [Errno 32] Broken pipe
19:40:52.173 T:1485501344 WARNING: Skin Helper Service --> Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.skin.helper.service/resources/lib/webservice.py", line 253, in handle_request
                                                self.send_response(200)
19:40:52.173 T:1485501344   ERROR: Skin Helper Service --> Exception in resources.lib.webservice ! --> [Errno 32] Broken pipe
19:40:52.618 T:1485501344 WARNING: Skin Helper Service --> Traceback (most recent call last):
                                                self.send_response(200)
19:40:52.619 T:1485501344   ERROR: Skin Helper Service --> Exception in resources.lib.webservice ! --> [Errno 32] Broken pipe

the skinhelper call is:
Code:
http://localhost:52307/getpvrthumb&title=$VAR[PVRClearArtNowNextVar]&type=clearart,poster&fallback=empty.png
$VAR[PVRClearArtNowNextVar] is $INFO[VideoPlayer.Title] or $INFO[VideoPlayer.NextTitle]
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
Dan, check if the skin you are using has the means to show the event log found in system >> logging. Very helpful for all these installation failures as you should be able to click / select an event and retry.
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
(2017-01-09, 04:30)Blurayx Wrote: Before episodes airing today(formally TV shows Airing Today) was removed, It worked perfectly.

Next update will contain a small fix to make sure only episodes are included that air the same day.
(2017-01-09, 18:03)Solo0815 Wrote: DialogPVRInfo:
Can anyone explain why this is working always:
Code:
http://localhost:52307/getpvrthumb&title=$INFO[ListItem.Label]&type=clearart
and this doesn't work always. Not all ClearArt images are found. They are found by the upper http-request btw.
Code:
$INFO[Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItem.Art.ClearArt)]

and of course, I enabled PVRThumbs and ExtendedArt with
<onload>Skin.SetBool(SkinHelper.EnablePVRThumbs)</onload>
<onload>Skin.SetBool(SkinHelper.EnableExtendedArt))</onload>

Hmm, that's strange because they both use the exact same method to retrieve the images.
Maybe it is hitting some ignore filter.
Please test the following:

1) Use the contextmenu to auto refresh the artwork and see if it returns the art.
2) If no art is returned with the auto refresh, try again with the manual artwork
3) Please look at $INFO[Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItem.Title)] does it show the correct title ?

Best to start with some debug images inside one of the PVR windows and if that is working test with PVR Info Dialog.
There might as well be some issue going on that in combination with that dialog altough I must say that in my own setup it works correctly.
  • 200(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
skin helper service18