• 206(current)
Release skin helper service
(2017-01-22, 10:58)marcelveldt Wrote: 1. Not possible. Kodi doesn't support animated gifs in a remote location, they NEED to be local.
That's why they're stored in a local location.

2. Issue on your setup. Animated art has nothing to do with YouTube.

Clear. Thanks.
Windows 11 Pro
Kodi 21 - Aeon MQ7/MQ9 Omega Mod
Kodi 20.5 - Aeon MQ9 Nexus Mod

Android - Beelink GT King
Kodi 21 - Aeon MQ7 Omega Mod
Kodi Maven Fork 21 - Aeon MQ9 Omega Mod

CoreELEC - Beelink GT King
Kodi 21 - Aeon MQ7 Omega Mod

(2017-01-22, 13:11)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2017-01-22, 11:30)Blurayx Wrote: unfortunately it's still showing a day ahead. I've done two fresh installs on my Shield tv and iMac.

Hmm, it's correct on my testsetup so I suspect I did not yet include the fix in the current beta version.
I'll post new versions on the beta repo later today so please test with that next week

Hi marcelveldt,

Still showing a day ahead with the latest update. I'll wait and see if it corrects itself midnight tonight. Are there any settings I should look at ?

Thanks
Setup: LG OLED65B7 | Denon AVR X7200WA | OPPO UDP-203 4K Blu-Ray player | Nvidia Shield TV | KEF T205
My Favorite Skin: Arctic Horizon
(2017-01-23, 01:02)marcelveldt Wrote: Metadata and artwork is stored into a persistant cache (sqllite db file). You shouldn't have to do a manual refresh. Something tells me that the auto detect is wrong or something. Take a look at the addon settings of skin helper artutils, maybe there's some clue in there why it doesn't auto grab the results
Have disabled download folder and have tested on a dozen or so exceptions and all seem to be working perfectly now Smile So when I opened the settings.xml in the artutils user data folder and saw what it did, I realised that when I installed beta version of the skin helper script, I had literally set the user data folder as it had been originally configured before and had pasted the original settings.xml and librarycache, AllBackgrounds and smartshotcutscache into this folder, which I guess would have caused a quite major a problem when running the new beta script? So after removing these items, things are running much better now Smile
That being said, it seems I'm still doing a fair amount of manual refresh's for programme items, particularly for these scenario's:-

1) Day-Time TV - Programmes that are maybe broadcast in the morning and then re-broadcast later in the day. (Doing a manual refresh for the 2nd broadcast)
2) Same programme title broadcast on multiple channels at the same time. (Doing a manual refresh if broadcast on different channel)
3) +1 channels - (Doing a manual refresh on the +1 channel, even when the live 'Now' channel picks up the artwork with no problem)

To be honest, I certainly wouldn't say that these instances happen on every single occasion as I've outlined, but probably enough for me to actually notice. So do you think there anything further I could do, which might reduce these kind of instances happening?
Thanks again for any feedback
Cheers
Hi,

I'm new here so apologies if this is not the right place for this post.

I'm running Kodi 16.1 (on Linux Mint) with the Aeon Nox skin. I haven't had any problems until about a week or two ago (maybe a bit longer) when I started to get the following error:
Code:
21:56:20 T:139651708864256   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
                                            Error Contents: No module named urllib3
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/kodi/.kodi/addons/script.skin.helper.service/service.py", line 6, in <module>
                                                from resources.lib.BackgroundsUpdater import BackgroundsUpdater
                                              File "/home/kodi/.kodi/addons/script.skin.helper.service/resources/lib/BackgroundsUpdater.py", line 9, in <module>
                                                import ArtworkUtils as artutils
                                              File "/home/kodi/.kodi/addons/script.skin.helper.service/resources/lib/ArtworkUtils.py", line 5, in <module>
                                                import requests
                                              File "/home/kodi/.kodi/addons/script.module.requests/lib/requests/__init__.py", line 60, in <module>
                                                from .packages.urllib3.exceptions import DependencyWarning
                                              File "/home/kodi/.kodi/addons/script.module.requests/lib/requests/packages/__init__.py", line 29, in <module>
                                                import urllib3
                                            ImportError: No module named urllib3
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

As far as I know I haven't changed anything in particular, but I regularly update the system, and all of my Kodi add-ons are on auto-update.

Can anyone point me in the right direction so I can fix this error. My Oz Weather add-on stopped working at the same time and I assume it is a problem with the skin helper service, but I'm not really sure.

Thanks.
Hi marcelveldt,

Without going into too much detail, please read the link below on the Estuary MOD thread. it's regarding Extrafanarts.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2508047

Thanks
Setup: LG OLED65B7 | Denon AVR X7200WA | OPPO UDP-203 4K Blu-Ray player | Nvidia Shield TV | KEF T205
(2017-01-23, 12:08)Blurayx Wrote: Still showing a day ahead with the latest update. I'll wait and see if it corrects itself midnight tonight. Are there any settings I should look at ?

Please wait a day so the cache is repopulated. If the issue persists, please give me an example of the show that has the issue.
Also please note what is displayed as the airdate.
(2017-01-25, 01:02)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2017-01-23, 12:08)Blurayx Wrote: Still showing a day ahead with the latest update. I'll wait and see if it corrects itself midnight tonight. Are there any settings I should look at ?

Please wait a day so the cache is repopulated. If the issue persists, please give me an example of the show that has the issue.
Also please note what is displayed as the airdate.

ok, Thanks Smile
Hi,

If upgraded to Kodi 17, and after updating all Addons, the RAM from my Chromebox get eaten till Kodi Freeze.
I wiped all addons and after Installing them one by one, I figured out Skin-helper-backgrounds is the issue.

every 30 sec or so the CPU jumps to 100% and 2%-3% RAM gets eaten
here is a log
http://pastebin.com/Ya5bNk3F

I tried a different Libreelec build used a diferrent skin and also did a Hard Rest same issue as soon as I install SH-Backgrouns
Hi marcelveldt,

Salem and The tonight show are airing today (26 Thursday)

widgets are displaying episodes a day ahead. Also all the widgets are displaying 1969 as first aired date indicated by the arrow
Estuary MOD skin krypton

Titan Beta skin krypton

As mentioned in a previous post, if I don't install Marcelveldt's BETA repository and use the old TV Shows Airing Today It works perfectly.

Thanks
Hi Marcel, I mentioned this issue a while ago but didn't want to bug you about it while you were busy with the recoded release.

I am still experiencing the bug with skin helper service widgets where multiple episodes of the same show are coming up even though I have "group items" selected in settings:

http://imgur.com/XHIlkr1

http://imgur.com/P6aMpPe

I am loading the widget with the following parameter:
Code:
<content target="video">plugin://script.skin.helper.widgets/?limit=8&action=recent&mediatype=media&reload=$INFO[Window(Home).Property(widgetreload)]</content>

Running latest versions of Kodi (the RC), skin helper service, and skin helper service widgets.
(2017-01-26, 03:39)Blurayx Wrote: Titan Beta skin krypton

As mentioned in a previous post, if I don't install Marcelveldt's BETA repository and use the old TV Shows Airing Today It works perfectly.
All is ok for me, images is for today...
Newest version from git...(simplecache.db was delete before)
and this from AeonMQ6 have aired date Smile

XBoxMediaCenter (Kodi Matrix ) 19.3 , AndroidBox -Matrix Skin AeonMQ6
Next Aired is showing supernatural Airing 27 Friday

(2017-01-26, 23:03)Blurayx Wrote: Next Aired is showing supernatural Airing 27 Friday
Then you write there , NextAired addon have isue not SHS.

http://airingnext.com/

Edit:Thumb from tvshow FB
XBoxMediaCenter (Kodi Matrix ) 19.3 , AndroidBox -Matrix Skin AeonMQ6
(2017-01-26, 23:59)Angelinas Wrote:
(2017-01-26, 23:03)Blurayx Wrote: Next Aired is showing supernatural Airing 27 Friday
Then you write there , NextAired addon have isue not SHS.

http://airingnext.com/

Edit:Thumb from tvshow FB

Thanks.

what addon are you using instead of NextAired
Delete
  • 206(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
skin helper service18