• 214(current)
Release skin helper service
Just saying thanks for the websocket implementation to get strings where all else fails!! Big Grin
(2017-02-10, 22:30)Guilouz Wrote: Changes clearlogos for music with context menu are no longer working since last update. When I change it, there is no effect.

Just fixed that. Will be available in next beta update.
(2017-02-10, 23:20)the_bo Wrote: Can you add an option to disable the auto download of animated posters and fanart as it uses lot of disc space. I'm on your latest beta.

Disable animated artwork in your skin, it's an optional feature.
Once disabled, no animated art will be retrieved from the net.
(2017-02-13, 09:19)smitchell6879 Wrote: Finially... I figure out how to use this ... one question... song level SkinHelper.ListItem.Plot work fine but blinks as I go thru the songs.... is there something I am doing wrong?

Give it some time to build the cache. It will be faster once settled.
(2017-02-13, 22:55)Slipass Wrote: With the new version/beta from skin helper doesnt work the pvr artworks in live tv.
For example with the skin aeon madnox

Skins have to be adjusted to support the latest version of skinhelper.
While it is still beta currently, it's allready pending to be submitted to the kodi repo so I suggest you to ask support for it to the skin dev from your skin.
(2017-02-14, 04:09)smitchell6879 Wrote: So last night when I stop coding (Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItem.Plot) was working and showing the plot while in song view... only issues was that it blinked as I went through the song list.

Well today the plot doesn't show up anymore and I haven't changed anything.... is this pull info off the internet yesterday and today it isn't?

Did you perhaps disable the musicart in your skin ? Note that it's a skin bool you have to set in order to enable the music artwork retrieval.
(2017-02-14, 17:36)Mike_Doc Wrote: There doesn't seem to be a strings.po entry for 'recent albums'?

No, it's in the language file of Kodi itself.
(2017-02-14, 18:57)Angelinas Wrote: Marcel , latest fix for favourite didnt have succes...still broken for all content type.Version SHS widget 1.0.20

What do you mean ? Favourites widgets are working fine on my setup.
If it's still in error, do you see any errors in your kodi logfile ?
(2017-02-17, 10:48)shaneypoopers Wrote: There is definitely something odd going on with the recent recordings widget. It is displaying the oldest recordings rather than the latest ones, any ideas?
Strange, it should really show the latest recordings first. Maybe your skin is applying some sort of sorting order to the widget ?
Can you test it with another skin that supports skinshortcuts + skinhelper ?
As a reference I can suggest my beta Titan skin (also on my beta repo) as I test all skinhelper stuff in that but there are really a lot of skins that support it.
(2017-02-18, 10:05)Blurayx Wrote: The default fanart background no longer displays the random fanart, When playing various artists albums. This stopped working a few months back.

That would be a skin issue...
(2017-02-18, 18:17)DaveBlake Wrote: I'm trying to get a grasp on the JSON calls that this addon is making to query the music library, what and when. Can you give me some pointers please, some code refs would be fine.

Well, that depends... The old version or the new version.
The old version (current version on Kodi repo) had become a mess with all features added and had some caching but not enough.
I did a complete rewrite of all code that has been tested now for several months with much better structured code, proper caching and a splitup into multiple modules to keep myself and the code sane.

This new version is currently pending repo submission.

Feel free to send ma a PM to discuss it more in detail.
(2017-02-18, 22:21)MB1968 Wrote: Hi Marcel, I installed the new version from your repo and downloaded all gif files again so they will be stored in the addon folder. It works fine for all animated posters, but I'm experiencing some troubles with the animated fanarts. For a lot of movies (not all) Kodi doesn't show the animated fanart anymore (for example Back to the Future collection). Since using the new version of your skinhelperservice on Jarvis (Android), the standard jpg fanart is often missing (black background) Any idea what causes this? Regards MB1968

Animated fanart is very rare so don't expect too much of it. For the missing standard fanart.jpg, that's not an issue of this script.
Maybe try the contextmenu to manual refresh an item ?
(2017-02-19, 21:44)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2017-02-18, 10:05)Blurayx Wrote: The default fanart background no longer displays the random fanart, When playing various artists albums. This stopped working a few months back.

That would be a skin issue...

Thanks Smile
Setup: LG OLED65B7 | Denon AVR X7200WA | OPPO UDP-203 4K Blu-Ray player | Nvidia Shield TV | KEF T205
My Favorite Skin: Arctic Horizon
(2017-02-19, 16:06)the_bo Wrote: SkinHelper.ListItem.Year for moviesets is only displaying the last year, is missing the first year. E.g. only shows 2012, where it should display 2009-2012.

Thanks, just fixed that. Will be fixed in the next version
Note that the info is stored in the cache so you'll have to make a change to make it refresh. Easiest is to simply mark a movie in the set watched/unwatched.
I hope to upload the new beta later tonight or tomorrow.
(2017-02-19, 21:42)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2017-02-17, 10:48)shaneypoopers Wrote: There is definitely something odd going on with the recent recordings widget. It is displaying the oldest recordings rather than the latest ones, any ideas?
Strange, it should really show the latest recordings first. Maybe your skin is applying some sort of sorting order to the widget ?
Can you test it with another skin that supports skinshortcuts + skinhelper ?
As a reference I can suggest my beta Titan skin (also on my beta repo) as I test all skinhelper stuff in that but there are really a lot of skins that support it.
Hey,

Yeah I have tried it with Titan too and it is the same. Seems to show random old recordings, can't see any order to it.

Maybe a problem with NextPVR ?

Sent from my 1+3
  • 214(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
skin helper service18