• 222(current)
Release skin helper service
(2017-03-06, 10:31)heula Wrote: Since the new version of the "Skin helper service" I have no longer PVR art in Krypton. In Jarvis everthing seems to be fine. Using Aeon Nox Silvo.

Note that this is a skinners-only support thread as skinhelper is designed to be used by skinners.
Please ask support on the forumthread for your specific skin. Most likely the skin has to be adjusted for the new skinhelper version.
(2017-03-06, 16:01)Billyd1990 Wrote: Since updating skin helper service it is not allowing me to add shortcuts to my menu.......... using titan skin

Please check the skin's thread for that. This forum thread is for skinhelper support only, for skinners.
Note that skinhelper updated already on the repo but the skin update is still pending so that's the reason why you have this issue. Just wait a few days untill the update hits the repo. If you can't wait, either temporary downgrade skinhelper again or switch to the beta version of the skin.
(2017-03-07, 03:12)KODser Wrote: I'm not concern about pvr for now. I just tested the pvr properties to show a series poster but maybe I did something wrong that the infopage just had the channel image instead of the poster of the series. I don't know if the skinhelper can recognizes something like this as the series "the flash" - "The flash - T2 Ep3" -> this is what appears on the guide. but for now i'm not concern with pvr.

Yes, it should be able to detect it. If not, you can manually scrape or finetune the scraper detection from the contextmenu
(2017-03-07, 21:17)heula Wrote: I see this in the home.xml but when I add the line I only get a black screen when I open Kodi with Nox Silvo.

Unles you know exactly what you're doing, you should ask support for the new changes at the skin support thread.
If you're a skinner yourself or a modder, I'd suggest you to read the skinning manual, start with something easy, and after that read the wiki for skinhelper implementation.
(2017-03-07, 23:16)DeezN1zzle Wrote: Do you have any idea how to fix the "no information available" issue in the favourites widget?

No, what do you mean ?
Marcel future request
I''l playing with Animated Poster for widget and find that mising in kodidb.py
Code:
if not art.get("thumb") and item.get('animatedposter'):
                art["thumb"] = get_clean_image(art.get('animatedposter'))

Something like this...you better know how to add AnimatedPoster (from Kodi listItem),ill try but need to delete some arguments to work properly.
XBoxMediaCenter (Kodi Matrix ) 19.3 , AndroidBox -Matrix Skin AeonMQ6
(2017-03-08, 16:15)wags1 Wrote: I am having a problem doing skin setting backup/restore. I am using Aeon MQ7 on Krypton but it is pretty clear that the problem is in the Skin Helper Service Backup script and not specific to Aeon MQ7. I have reported it over on the Brazil Forum specific to Aeon MQ7 but they are saying that they only call the script so the problem is not in their skin. Here is a description of the problem and an excerpt from the log showing the problem -

However I did not find the root cause of the issue you're describing, I did some fixes to the code today that -might- fix the issue.
I will provide an updated version of the script later today on my repo, please have a test with that and let me know.
@marcelveldt

Something global i can report is:

Using KODI 17.1 with latest git LibreELEC 8.0 on a higher performance i5 NUC:

skin helper service 1.0.100:
- Fast scrolling down a large test library with 1000 library items up and down from first to absolute last item multiple times could result in a strange low-gui-fps stutter bug-situation (gui stays at rendering 16fps instead of returning to 50fps - you could notice that the text of a highlighted item stuttered because of that)

skin helper service 1.1.10:
Same test without any issues. GUI stays at 50 rendered frames per second even after scrolling down the complete list up and down for 5 minutes. ;-)

So - in short:
Optimizations looking good, imho. Thanks!
⬅️⬅️ Feel free to leave a 👍 on useful posts  |  A Confluence ZEITGEIST (A modern reimagination of Confluence)  |  axbmcuser REPO (Download Link)  |  Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 BETTERGUI (2020 build)
(2017-03-11, 16:06)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2017-03-08, 16:15)wags1 Wrote: I am having a problem doing skin setting backup/restore. I am using Aeon MQ7 on Krypton but it is pretty clear that the problem is in the Skin Helper Service Backup script and not specific to Aeon MQ7. I have reported it over on the Brazil Forum specific to Aeon MQ7 but they are saying that they only call the script so the problem is not in their skin. Here is a description of the problem and an excerpt from the log showing the problem -

However I did not find the root cause of the issue you're describing, I did some fixes to the code today that -might- fix the issue.
I will provide an updated version of the script later today on my repo, please have a test with that and let me know.

I will test the update and report back. Thank you for your excellent support!!
(2017-03-09, 00:55)Angelinas Wrote: -Widget not working - not populated- no error in log
script.skin.helper.widgets/?action=favourites&mediatype=movies
script.skin.helper.widgets/?action=favourites&mediatype=artists
script.skin.helper.widgets/?action=favourites&mediatype=albums
script.skin.helper.widgets/?action=favouritemedia
Will be fixed in next version. I'll provide update later today.

(2017-03-09, 00:55)Angelinas Wrote: Problems with PVR for movie "The Lion King"...script is broken -stop working (probably widget for pvr are broken too)
When rottentomatoes doesent have ratting as integer.
Will be fixed in next update, thanks
(2017-03-10, 00:29)OptimusGREEN Wrote: I'm currently running krypton on a fire tv box and its taking around 4 minutes to close when i click to quit.
I've narrowed it down to skin helper service as when I disable this addon it closes in around 6 seconds.

If you use the latest version of the script this issue shouldn't occur.
It is built to never block kodi to quit. If this issue occurs on your machine, there must be something going on.
My best guess here is that your skin is trying to re-load the widgets while Kodi is already exiting, causing kodi to wait untill the widgets are loaded.
If the widgets are properly implemented they should only refresh if needed (and not at kodi shutdown).

Try re-adding your widgets to your skin one by one untill you narrow down the widget causing issues.
(2017-03-11, 00:43)KODser Wrote: marcelveldt, I believe that the <onload>SetProperty(SkinHelper.WidgetContainer,510)</onload> (301 in my case) doesn't work for music. i'm using the tracklist and MusicArt from skinhelper and on the widgets it doesn't appear. On tvshows and movies all is working as it should

EDIT-the animated artwork it still on the widgets, just show the first frame

Working fine on my setup. Make sure that you set the correct widgetcontainer, so the container containing the albums/songs.
For the animated art only showing the first frame, from what I recall this is a skin/kodi issue. Try with a multiimage control instead of image if that helps.
(2017-03-11, 17:59)marcelveldt Wrote: If you use the latest version of the script this issue shouldn't occur.
It is built to never block kodi to quit. If this issue occurs on your machine, there must be something going on.
My best guess here is that your skin is trying to re-load the widgets while Kodi is already exiting, causing kodi to wait untill the widgets are loaded.
If the widgets are properly implemented they should only refresh if needed (and not at kodi shutdown).

Try re-adding your widgets to your skin one by one untill you narrow down the widget causing issues.

Ok thanks for the tip. I'll do that and let you know how I get on.
(2017-03-11, 02:08)Edworld Wrote: Not in the picture below, but can you add a decimal point to tvdb? It displays 9 instead of 9.0

Just fixed that, available in next update. Note that it can take up to 7 days before you'll notice the difference as the info is in the cache.
(2017-03-11, 02:12)Edworld Wrote: I have noticed that I now have movies that are no longer displaying ratings (rotten, imdb, metacritic, etc). To name a few:
2001 odyssey
A clockwork orange
A fistful of dollars

This started happening a couple of days ago

Errors in the logs ?
  • 222(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
skin helper service18