• 253(current)
Release skin helper service
thetvdb.get_episode have data in simplecache....but, Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItem.####) not working for episode and seasons.
Info for this content are only from tvshow.

Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItem.GuestStars)
dont have info in thetvdb.get_episode string have info in simplecache.db
Code:
'gueststars': [u'Katie Cassidy', u'John Barrowman', u'Manu Bennett', u'Rick Gonzalez', u'Juliana Harkavy', u'Katrina Law', u'Madison McLaughlin', u'Lexa Doig', u'Anna Hopkins', u'Nick E. Tarabay', u'Dolph Lundgren']
Same for all data....for content.episode.(plot,seriesid,....)
XBoxMediaCenter (Kodi Matrix ) 19.3 , AndroidBox -Matrix Skin AeonMQ6
(2017-09-16, 08:58)DaveBlake Wrote: Not quite but near, the work is in my repo. I am working on it as part of improving the music library export/import facility. The aim is to reduce the number of times users rescrape the same online information. If we continue to unnecessarily batter the servers of the free online music info services they will eventually either fail or limit Kodi's access. Better export/import will mean that users can save scraped data locally and restore it to any fresh installations with ease.

I know that core changes are slow compared to addon development, but I would like to work with the addon devs and users rather than in isolation.

Some design and testing discussion here https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2644241 Perhaps a better place to discuss it than mixed in with other SHS requests?

Sounds very well thought out.
Let's continue discussion in the other thread.
Hi Guys

How do I set the interval to retrieve new rotten tomatoes ratings etc longer say every 3 months.

What file I need to edit.

Thanks
Find in script.module.metadatautils what info you want change.(for rottentomatoes is OMDB.py)
OMDB info is set to expires after 2 or 14 days,just change in 90 Smile

Code:
@use_cache(14)
@use_cache(2)
@use_cache(2)
XBoxMediaCenter (Kodi Matrix ) 19.3 , AndroidBox -Matrix Skin AeonMQ6
(2017-09-17, 23:26)Angelinas Wrote: Find in script.module.metadatautils what info you want change.(for rottentomatoes is OMDB.py)
OMDB info is set to expires after 2 or 14 days,just change in 90 Smile

Code:
@use_cache(14)
@use_cache(2)
@use_cache(2)

Thanks Angelinas

What about the simplecache do i need to adjust that also, so it doesnt need to recache info?

Code:
def set(self, endpoint, data, checksum="", expiration=datetime.timedelta(days=30)):
How do I get my own images working for my recordings in the PVR widget?

I have set several setting in the artwork options that are available in the context menu of the TV guide. I have set it to search in my custem folder for artwork but it in the widget I see other images or no images at all. I have set in the widget options the art should be square poster but the widget shows fanart format most of the time.
Also enabled search for PVR artwork in the skin helper widgets settings.

Any help here is appreciated.

Using Aeon Nox:Silvo 6.0.11 and Kodi Krypton 17.4 with all needed addons up to date.

This is how my recordings widget looks like most of the time.

My custom folder

Thanks
(2017-09-14, 21:08)lathie Wrote: I have fixed it. You just need to register your own API keys on fanart.tv and themoviedb.org. Once you've done that you just need to edit the following files:

wtf ? changes to files ?
No that is really not true. Just enter your api keys in the add-on settings for the skin helper metadata module.
(2017-09-13, 21:35)Angelinas Wrote: Full screen info...missing all arts and info

Please check $INFO[VideoPlayer.TvShowTitle] is that filled by Kodi ?
(2017-09-14, 01:42)djhifi Wrote: Got it. The thing is its taking a really long time for the first initial sync. I have a big collection but that impact in any sort? Also, when you mention "apply for api keys" you mean pay and enter the API key in your script, right?

Yes, the default (free) api keys are rate limited.
If you need faster responses you can apply for personal api keys. Those are free too but you'll have to apply for your own key.
This was all needed because people where abusing my keys and addons.

And yes the first sync might take ages but that's only once. If its settled in the cache you won't notice any delays.
(2017-09-14, 21:36)nikeb Wrote: i ve found this
Is that an old page?
Seems to me that is possibile (if you register it) to enter the API key and get it work.

I honestly don't mind about that but.... you know.. i m curious Big Grin

If you pay the 60K+ you indeed get all that data...
The data is no longer free is the short answer here. OMDBapi still gets the basic info as a courtesy.
(2017-09-14, 12:45)Guilouz Wrote: I have try : plugin://script.skin.helper.widgets/?action=browsegenres&mediatype=randommovies&limit=1000 and plugin://script.skin.helper.widgets/?action=browsegenres&mediatype=randomtvshows&limit=1000 but not working.

Only working : plugin://script.skin.helper.widgets/?action=browsegenres&mediatype=movies&limit=1000 and plugin://script.skin.helper.widgets/?action=browsegenres&mediatype=tvshows&limit=1000

It should be fixed in next update, please give it a try.
Thanks for fixing the readme btw.
(2017-09-15, 23:57)DaveBlake Wrote: Or @Gracus you could wait for v18... that will have nominated location for artist artwork as part of Kodi core. It may be better to focus effort on that, and what skins needs from core to be able to use it, than changes to SHS.

We will continue this discussion in your thread off course but will this also incorporate all the "extra" artwork like banners, clear logo and such ?
If so, the goal should be to migrate all artwork locating stuff to Kodi itself, eventually with a python scraper to grab additional artwork if it was not found locally.
(2017-09-16, 08:58)DaveBlake Wrote:
(2017-09-16, 00:59)Gracus Wrote: Kodi devs have limited time and I do not think that music artworks could have a place in Kodi 18 roadmap (or, as for movies, just a few of them will be available through kodi core and we will still need SHS for the others)

That is why I thought simplier to make small correction to SHS than trying to add all of these in Kodi
You are of course right about limited time and help with deveolpment is welcome, the active dev team is very small compared to the millions of users Kodi has. But to my knowledge there is no "roadmap" it is just a matter of what gets done (implemented and approved) in time.

While I am not going to be able to replace SHS, and not sure I would even want to try, I am working on where Kodi looks for artist nfo and art. The current approach - trying to identify a unique folder in the music files - is flawed. It can only work for abum artists with very simple muisc folder layouts, collaborations (multiple album artists) or multiple music sources confuse it. In v18 there will be a nominated artists folder, and it would be sensible for addons that fetch art to use this folder too, not go off and create yet another structure with different naming etc.

I don't have time to trawl through Python and work out how these addons work, and I am not even a regular addon user, so I am unclear on what addons like SHS need to be able to make use of the features I am adding. All I can do is raise awareness of what I am working on, and hope that those on the addon side of things will come forward and work with me.

For example if there are issues with turning artist names into folders, then it would help me to know about it and to work together to come up with a collective solution that can be implemented in core and accessed by addons.

The v18 music db already holds Muisicbrainz release group id. It is this, not Muisicbrainz (album) release id, that is needed for online lookup of album art and info. Using this would speed up art retrieval by removing the need to requery Muiscbrainz (throttled to 1 call per sec), but I need to know what needs adding so that SHS and other addons have access to this.

(2017-09-16, 07:50)Gade Wrote: Sounds very interesting. Is there a PR for this?
Not quite but near, the work is in my repo. I am working on it as part of improving the music library export/import facility. The aim is to reduce the number of times users rescrape the same online information. If we continue to unnecessarily batter the servers of the free online music info services they will eventually either fail or limit Kodi's access. Better export/import will mean that users can save scraped data locally and restore it to any fresh installations with ease.

I know that core changes are slow compared to addon development, but I would like to work with the addon devs and users rather than in isolation.

Some design and testing discussion here https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2644241 Perhaps a better place to discuss it than mixed in with other SHS requests?

And to complement the post of DaveBlake: The goal should be that we minimize the same logic or api requests over and over.
Atm, SHS has some logic to detect/create an artist structure, Kodi core has some, cdart has some and maybe some other addons to this too. Not to speak from calling music brainz or other api services to grab this info.
There should be some base framework in place which contains the bare logic and heavy lifting, like the whole matching stuff which is indeed a disaster to get 100% right but if we combine efforts we can get it right, I'm sure. On top of that there cal still be addons that complement the base info if needed.

In the end we all benefit if I stick some energy in helping Dave out with getting the core right than adding another use case to SHS at this time.
(2017-09-15, 01:53)Gracus Wrote: Got an "issue" with SHS in the skin I use and post here to see if you can do something (seems it is not fixable from the skin)
Could it be possible to add 2 options in SHS for music artworks:

1- option to use AlbumArtist tag instead of Artist tag
2- option allowing to do not use separator (will prevent bands like "the mamas and the papas" to be seen as 2 artists "the mamas" and "the papas")

At this time I will put time in helping out DaveBlake with getting the core logic right so all the basic stuff is handled properly in a unified way by Kodi itself. Once that is settled, SHS is reviewed to do some additional work for the more fancy stuff not needed in mainstream.
I hope you understand that.
(2017-09-16, 18:40)Angelinas Wrote: thetvdb.get_episode have data in simplecache....but, Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItem.####) not working for episode and seasons.
Info for this content are only from tvshow.

Yes, info will only be provided for tvshow level, never for season or episode level.
Exception is the next aired widgets/info.
Also scraping episode info is a no-go because it will stress out the tvdb api and that is not what I want. Kodi already has the episode info.
  • 253(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
skin helper service18