• 257(current)
Release skin helper service
(2017-11-03, 22:20)Angelinas Wrote: Working but I dont use SkinHelper.ListItem.Premiered.....
Only for this widget, for premiered you will have strange resultats...
Try For NextAiringepisodes to use this property
Code:
Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItem.NextEpisode.tvshow.firstaired)
This code missing in Marcel wiki https://github.com/marcelveldt/script.sk...---Tvshows

I am using the Next Episodes widget which simply shows the next, unwatched episodes of each TV show in my library. For most of these shows, there is no Next Airdate, as they are no longer on the air.  I simply wish to get the Premiered property so I have some frame of reference for when a particular show was aired (I'd like to know that the season of Star Trek  TNG I'm watching came out in 1987). Next airdate wouldn't help me here.

Let me explain further: 

If I leave my code as is, my Recent Episodes widget (Kodi built in widget) shows me the premiered date like this: DD-MM-YYYY. However, with no changes, the Next Episodes widget (Provided by Skin Helper Service) shows me the premiered date, for the exact same episodes, like this: DD-MM-0.
Someone might already asked this but what happened to Rotten Tomato Audience Score?
Will it come back?
Thanks
(2017-11-05, 14:07)SuperDOS Wrote: Someone might already asked this but what happened to Rotten Tomato Audience Score?
Will it come back?
Thanks

Never comin' back.
Keep getting the error Skin Helper Service has failed to install, but only seems to not being working (or failing to install) for the Movie home screen.

I have tried installed from ZIP, installing from different repos, deleting all Skin Helper related folders in the Addon folders, uninstalling the addon from the settings menu.
I am using MQ7 if that makes any difference?

Apologies if in the wrong forum, not sure where else to post this issue.

//EDIT:: Solved by installing from the Marcelveldts Beta Repo

Cheers!
(2017-11-08, 03:06)TheFonz Wrote: Keep getting the error Skin Helper Service has failed to install, but only seems to not being working (or failing to install) for the Movie home screen.

I have tried installed from ZIP, installing from different repos, deleting all Skin Helper related folders in the Addon folders, uninstalling the addon from the settings menu.

Cheers!

Do you get crashing when you exit kodi with the cherry.py script installed (it is auto installed by skin helper).
(2017-11-08, 16:00)ZERO Wrote:
(2017-11-08, 03:06)TheFonz Wrote: Keep getting the error Skin Helper Service has failed to install, but only seems to not being working (or failing to install) for the Movie home screen.

Cheers!

Do you get crashing when you exit kodi with the cherry.py script installed (it is auto installed by skin helper).

Never experienced this. Installing the correct version from the beta repo resolved my issue with the addon failing to install the widget. Cheers!
I'm getting an error from Skin Helper when I log into Kodi.  A popup shows up that says "Skin Helper Service Error. Check the log for more details". Other than the error message itself, I don't see anything that isn't working correctly.

Full debug log located here:  https://pastebin.com/ZNfn4Cj2

The error in the log is:

ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
                                            Error Contents: No module named metadatautils
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.skin.helper.service\service.py", line 10, in <module>
                                                from resources.lib.main_service import MainService
                                              File "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.skin.helper.service\resources\lib\main_service.py", line 13, in <module>
                                                from listitem_monitor import ListItemMonitor
                                              File "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.skin.helper.service\resources\lib\listitem_monitor.py", line 13, in <module>
                                                from metadatautils import extend_dict, process_method_on_list
                                            ImportError: No module named metadatautils
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

Please help me resolve this.
(2017-11-11, 04:06)cu_shane Wrote: I'm getting an error from Skin Helper when I log into Kodi.  A popup shows up that says "Skin Helper Service Error. Check the log for more details". Other than the error message itself, I don't see anything that isn't working correctly.

Full debug log located here:  https://pastebin.com/ZNfn4Cj2

The error in the log is:

ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
                                            Error Contents: No module named metadatautils
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.skin.helper.service\service.py", line 10, in <module>
                                                from resources.lib.main_service import MainService
                                              File "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.skin.helper.service\resources\lib\main_service.py", line 13, in <module>
                                                from listitem_monitor import ListItemMonitor
                                              File "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.skin.helper.service\resources\lib\listitem_monitor.py", line 13, in <module>
                                                from metadatautils import extend_dict, process_method_on_list
                                            ImportError: No module named metadatautils
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

Please help me resolve this.

Try installing from Marcel's beta repo for latest version.
Hi Marcel

Can you update code to use cache for the tmdb data (Budget + Revenue). Currently it doesnt seem to cache this info. Rotten Tomatoes caches fine.

Thanks
(2016-01-26, 22:41)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2016-01-23, 10:30)emiralles Wrote: Hi, can you add a function for check if a file exist or not? There isn't any that do it.

How do you want this implemented ?

call the script with something like script.skin.helper.service,action=fileexists,file=blahlah.file and return the result in a window prop or skin string ?

Or just add it as a general window property for the selected listitem ? 
Hi Marcel, 
Relatively new to skinning and xml, and have been teaching myself and this is the first time I have reached out to forums to figure something out.

I want to implement your fileexists in my skin from your script.skin.helper.service and have read everything I could find on the subject (which certainly helped) but I still can't figure it out. 

I tried 
Quote:<onload>RunScript(script.skin.helper.service,action=fileexists&amp;file=C:\Users\Blues\Desktop\Textures.xbt&amp;skinstring=Textures)</onload> 
and
Quote:<onload>RunScript(script.skin.helper.service,action=fileexists&amp;file=[C:\Users\Blues\Desktop\Textures.xbt]&amp;skinstring=Textures)</onload>
and even
Quote:<onload>RunScript(script.skin.helper.service,action=fileexists&amp;file=&quot;C:\Users\Blues\Desktop\Textures.xbt&quot;&amp;skinstring=Textures)</onload>
This is the error in the log from the last attempt
Quote:13:26:26.039 T:30784  NOTICE: Skin Helper Service --> Skin Helper Service version 1.1.3 started
13:26:26.504 T:29772 WARNING: Skin Helper Service --> Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\Blues\Desktop\#Kodi Installs\Kodi 17 Test1\portable_data\addons\script.skin.helper.service\resources\lib\main_module.py", line 41, in __init__
                                                getattr(self, action)()
                                            AttributeError: MainModule instance has no attribute 'fileexists&file="c:\users\blues\desktop\textures.xbt"&skinstring=texture'
13:26:26.504 T:29772   ERROR: Skin Helper Service --> Exception in resources.lib.main_module ! --> No such action: fileexists&file="c:\users\blues\desktop\textures.xbt"&skinstring=texture
I hope it is just a silly mistake I am making and I understand if you are too busy to assist, but any insight you are willing to give would be greatly appreciated.  Is it that I can't check for a file anywhere I want and it is just confined to the Kodi data folder?  I hope not, because I need to be able to check for files outside of Kodi.  I also want to be able to check for files and folders in Android as well but I am testing it on PC first. 

Thanks in advance for any help you are able to render.  This script looks like it will be extremely helpful if I can figure this out.  Thank you for all your hard work in the community.
Hi Marcel,

I am using the 'Tools for resource addons' The skinhelperbackgrounds and user created playlists are working great.

Any thoughts on adding additional support for other backgrounds similar to the skin shortcut intergration?

For example;
skinplaylist --> all playlists that are stored in "yourskin\extras\widgetplaylists" or "yourskin\playlists" or "yourskin\extras\playlists"

Cheers
Madnox 2.0
Forum / Source
Anyone having issues displaying metacritic or rotten tomatoes?
(2017-11-21, 01:41)Edworld Wrote: Anyone having issues displaying metacritic or rotten tomatoes?
 Yes for a few days now
Hello,
i use skin estuary mod v2 from @Guilouz vor Leia. I have issues with PVR Artworks provided by Skin Helper Service. They not appear directly when clicking "i" during live tv viewing but when i double click "pause" tab they were displayed. This i have to do once when starting kodi and then no more. Any thoughts for that?
HTPC: Windows 10 Pro 22H2, Zalman HD135, Intel i3-7100, GTX 1070, UHD ASUS BW-16D1HT
NAS: Xpenology 7.2 Update 1, Intel i5-6600
That Skin doesen't use SHS to provide poster in full screen for PVR...you have preoblem with clear property,or your PVR have thumb in epg.
Guilouz use :
Code:
$INFO[Player.Art(thumb)] ]
XBoxMediaCenter (Kodi Matrix ) 19.3 , AndroidBox -Matrix Skin AeonMQ6
  • 257(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
skin helper service18