• 261(current)
Release skin helper service
(2017-12-27, 12:17)splobber Wrote: I have been getting an error on Skin Helper Service in that I cannot update it without receiving an error message. I have tried reinstalling, but get an error when I attempt to do so.

I am using Aeon MQ7 skin, but also find I cannot install Titan skin as receive the same error message. 

Here is my log file.

https://paste.ubuntu.com/26263205/

Any help to solve would be most appreciated, as I cannot figure out how to fix

Are you using Marcel's latest version from his beta repo?
(2017-12-27, 17:11)the_bo Wrote:
(2017-12-27, 12:17)splobber Wrote: I have been getting an error on Skin Helper Service in that I cannot update it without receiving an error message. I have tried reinstalling, but get an error when I attempt to do so.

I am using Aeon MQ7 skin, but also find I cannot install Titan skin as receive the same error message. 

Here is my log file.

Thanks for the reply.

I've managed to install 1.1.19 from a zip file, but get an installation failed message whenever I try to install the beta repo from inside Kodi. 

That seems to have cured the error message, but I am still getting an 'update available' message. I still cannot see animated posters etc, nor can I install Titan, either through the repo or a zip.

EDIT - I've installed the repo manually and everything has updated. I think it's version 1.1.24. I can install Ttitan. The only thing I am finding is I cannot see any animated posters. Any pointers would be appreciated.

It used to work OK, but no longer appears to be the case. I have Artwork Downloader installed. I can select animated posters, but they don't seem to display. I have the settings to display animation switched on in the settings.
(2017-12-27, 17:33)splobber Wrote:
(2017-12-27, 17:11)the_bo Wrote:

Here is my log file.

Thanks for the reply.

I've managed to install 1.1.19 from a zip file, but get an installation failed message whenever I try to install the beta repo from inside Kodi. 

That seems to have cured the error message, but I am still getting an 'update available' message. I still cannot see animated posters etc, nor can I install Titan, either through the repo or a zip.

EDIT - I've installed the repo manually and everything has updated. I think it's version 1.1.24. I can install Ttitan. The only thing I am finding is I cannot see any animated posters. Any pointers would be appreciated.

It used to work OK, but no longer appears to be the case. I have Artwork Downloader installed. I can select animated posters, but they don't seem to display. I have the settings to display animation switched on in the settings.

I think there is an option to turn on animated posters while in movie list. Go to movie list and bring down the top menu bar settings. If you scroll to bottom of list there should be toggle for animated poster s and fanart. (Is this the option you enabled in your previous post?)

Does the posters display a blank image? If so that would assume the option is enabled and it's searching or downloading animated poster.

Can you check if any animated posters are downloaded by navigating to .Kodi/user data/addon_data/script.module.metadatautills. should be a animated gif folder inside. Check if any files in there.
Hey everybody, I wanted to let you know the new version of Skin Helper Service Widgets (1.0.37) is in the beta repo.  While Marcel has been busy, he's given me permission to continue development and push updates as needed.  Since there are a few new features I've been working on, I wanted to post a brief change log here.

Change Log:
  • Similar widgets on homescreen will only choose from the last x recently watched titles, rather than any watched title. Configurable in settings (default=8).  Movies/TV shows widget only
  • Added a setting for hiding watched items in similar widgets on homescreen (default=enabled).  Movies/TV shows widget only
  • Completely changed the way similar movies are calculated. Every movie now gets a "similarity score" (0-100%), with contributions from genre, directors, writers, cast, rating, year, MPAA rating, and movie set.
  • Also changes the way similar tv shows are calculated. Similarity score gets contributions from genres, studio, cast, rating, year, and TV rating.
  • Adds new behavior for Recommended Movies/Tv Shows that can be turned on in settings. It finds all unwatched titles that are most similar to the last x recently watched titles (uses same number as above) by calculating a "recommended score". May run slower, so it's off by default
  • Fixes issue where similar movies/shows showed result for wrong title (no longer pulls similar lists from cache)

If anyone has any feedback or feature requests as they relate to skinning, let me know.  For example, I could make the similarity score or recommended score available via extraproperties in a future version, like how 'similartitle' is now.
(2018-01-06, 07:04)104084485 Wrote: Hey everybody, I wanted to let you know the new version of Skin Helper Service Widgets (1.0.37) is in the beta repo.  While Marcel has been busy, he's given me permission to continue development and push updates as needed.  Since there are a few new features I've been working on, I wanted to post a brief change log here.

Change Log:
  • Similar widgets on homescreen will only choose from the last x recently watched titles, rather than any watched title. Configurable in settings (default=8).  Movies/TV shows widget only
  • Added a setting for hiding watched items in similar widgets on homescreen (default=enabled).  Movies/TV shows widget only
  • Completely changed the way similar movies are calculated. Every movie now gets a "similarity score" (0-100%), with contributions from genre, directors, writers, cast, rating, year, MPAA rating, and movie set.
  • Also changes the way similar tv shows are calculated. Similarity score gets contributions from genres, studio, cast, rating, year, and TV rating.
  • Adds new behavior for Recommended Movies/Tv Shows that can be turned on in settings. It finds all unwatched titles that are most similar to the last x recently watched titles (uses same number as above) by calculating a "recommended score". May run slower, so it's off by default
  • Fixes issue where similar movies/shows showed result for wrong title (no longer pulls similar lists from cache)

If anyone has any feedback or feature requests as they relate to skinning, let me know.  For example, I could make the similarity score or recommended score available via extraproperties in a future version, like how 'similartitle' is now. 
 Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItem.AlbumCount) have stopped since many days, return nothing. It was working before. Any idea ?
 Estuary MOD V2 
Repository is unavailable since recent git update.
 Estuary MOD V2 
@Guilouz  How you update module script.module.metadatautils ?

Marcel repo is down for update, maybe you have wrong version ...check in addon.xml what is your version ?
When I try to update some in dialog write 1.0.19...but when I want to update version is 1.0.0 !?!
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=326639

Here is fix for nightly version from your post
https://github.com/marcelveldt/script.mo...ls/pull/27
XBoxMediaCenter (Kodi Matrix ) 19.3 , AndroidBox -Matrix Skin AeonMQ6
(2018-01-08, 22:14)Angelinas Wrote: @Guilouz  How you update module script.module.metadatautils ?

Marcel repo is down for update, maybe you have wrong version ...check in addon.xml what is your version ?
When I try to update some in dialog write 1.0.19...but when I want to update version is 1.0.0 !?!
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=326639

Here is fix for nightly version from your post
https://github.com/marcelveldt/script.mo...ls/pull/27
 Yes, Kodi had updated with a bad version since recent git update... But with your PR albums count still does not work...
 Estuary MOD V2 
First need to clear simplecache.db...all your info are missing for albums.
Second, mine changes come after version 1.0.19...need to manual change code in ....... lib/helpers/kodi_constants.py
XBoxMediaCenter (Kodi Matrix ) 19.3 , AndroidBox -Matrix Skin AeonMQ6
(2018-01-08, 23:35)Angelinas Wrote: First need to clear simplecache.db...all your info are missing for albums.
Second, mine changes come after version 1.0.19...need to manual change code in ....... lib/helpers/kodi_constants.py
Thnaks, I had forgotten to delete simplecache.db. All is ok now.
 Estuary MOD V2 
Hi 104084485

I am having some issues with the tvshow info labels, the following and all of them in general
Code:
SkinHelper.ListItem.Status

I assume when the data is fetched it is written to the database in what ever the language kodi set too. What is happening, when testing the skin and changing language the values remain the same. So if i go from French to English the values remain in french. Not abiding by localized strings.

Sure i can delete the database after i change the language, but i don't think that is user friendly.

So i was just wondering if it is that something that can be fixed or not? What ever the outcome i am ok with that. I will adapt the skin to work around the issue. If it can be fixed from the script side of things that would be great.
Madnox 2.0
Forum / Source
Mr. V, it looks like that could be an issue with Skin Helper Service, Metadatautils, or Simple Cache.  I'm only familiar with the widgets addon so I'm afraid I won't be very much help with that.  If you haven't already, you should post an issue on the GitHub.
Another update to Skin Helper Widgets is up in the beta repo

Change Log (1.0.38):
  • Overhauled Similar Media & Recommended Media to take advantage of the experimental recommendation system (setting must be enabled)
    • Similar Media gets a recently watched item, then finds all similar movies AND tv shows.  For example, if you watch a movie drama, you might see tv dramas in the list now (although they generally show up lower in the list)
    • Recommended Media returns a list that contains unwatched movies and tv shows that are most similar to all recently watched movies and tv shows
  • New Playlist widget that lets you pick a playlist, then displays it with items sorted by their recommendation score.  Uses the item limit for widgets. Available for movies & tvshows
  • New Mixed Playlist widget that lets you pick a movie playlist and a tvshow playlist, then displays them together with items sorted by their recommendation score.  Uses the item limit for widgets. Available under Mixed Media
  • Tweaked similarity and recommendation score calculations
  • General improvements to caching for similar, recommended & playlist widgets
Note: the new mixed media recommendations currently require consistent genres between movies and tv shows.  If anyone provides me with a list mapping TVDb genres into equivalent TheMovieDB genres, I can fix this in the next version.
Hello to all.
I am completely new in Kodi but not new in programming. I am trying to add in a label control in the movies collection that will display the title of the movie and the cast. I try to use the getcast action but I haven't succeed it so far. The label part of the control is:
Code:
<label>[UPPERCASE]$VAR[movietitle][/UPPERCASE] - $VAR[videoCast]</label>
where variable videoCast equals
Code:
videoCast = plugin://script.skin.helper.service/?action=getcast&amp;movie=$INFO[ListItem.DBID]
the final result is:
Code:
TITLE OF MOVIE - plugin://script.skin.helper.service/?action=getcast&amp;movie=35
where exactly am I supposed to run the script in order to get the cast list for the movie.

Thank you
** Deleted **

For future reference, what is the best way to repopulate the RT & info portion of the skin?

I've read, adn read, and read this thread and I just can't figure it out. I've tried updating the addon, re-doing the APIs in artwork dependencies, and deleting simplecache.db then restarting and NOTHING works for me.

The only thing that works and resets/repopulates the info screen is installing MQ7's skin (Krypton) from a zip file on top of my main skin (Aeon Silvo).

Obviously that resets everything, but there has got to be a simpler way.
  • 261(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
skin helper service18