• 273(current)
Release skin helper service
(2019-06-18, 01:26)Edworld Wrote:
(2019-06-16, 22:46)chrissix Wrote:
(2016-09-27, 20:54)marcelveldt Wrote: Looking at those sites it doesn't seem they provide an API to access their data from this script.  

sure: http://api-docs.letterboxd.com/#auth  
I like this site and their layout... 
@Edworld I try to set up a concept for a future implementation of letterboxd. It's API is working so we should begin somewhere
---> https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2918202
Leave a like/comment if you like the concept and tell it to other members
PR for Kodi 19 / Python 3 compatibility of script.skin.helper.skinbackup addon can be found here https://github.com/kodi-community-addons...up/pull/12
It should still work with Kodi 18 and I made some adjustments to the restore function, but needs some further testing.
Got an error message or something not working as it should? Provide a full Debug log (wiki) via paste.kodi.tv
(2020-01-22, 01:18)chrissix Wrote:
(2019-06-18, 01:26)Edworld Wrote:
(2019-06-16, 22:46)chrissix Wrote: sure: http://api-docs.letterboxd.com/#auth  
I like this site and their layout...  
@Edworld I try to set up a concept for a future implementation of letterboxd. It's API is working so we should begin somewhere
---> https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2918202
Leave a like/comment if you like the concept and tell it to other members 
Thanks! I look forward to your implementation
Is it possible to back up to / restore from a cloud location? For those of us that use kodi for xbox any backup file created from this addon is deleted if you need to re-install Kodi.
(2020-02-04, 19:12)AnonTester Wrote: PR for Kodi 19 / Python 3 compatibility of script.skin.helper.skinbackup addon can be found here https://github.com/kodi-community-addons...up/pull/12
It should still work with Kodi 18 and I made some adjustments to the restore function, but needs some further testing.
Aside from Python 3 compatibility, what is the difference between this version (1.0.19), the official Kodi add-on (1.0.12) and that from the BINGIE repo (1.0.22)?
(2019-12-31, 11:58)Uatschitchun Wrote: I can't restore a skin backup!?
The backup creation works fine, but restoring a backup doesn't do anything. Also no errors in the logs... "script successfully run". 

It's kodi 18.5 on all devices together with skin.aeon.nox.silvo.

applied annontester PR but cant restore skin backup either on v19. i get success message but closes immediately and nothing is done.
TV - 70" LG UM6970PUA  
AVR - Denon x2400h 5.2.2 Surround
Devices - Apple TV 4K, nVIDIA Shield TV Pro
Server - unRAID Pro, v6.9 | Asus TUF Gaming x570-Plus (Wifi) | AMD Ryzen 9 3950x | 64GB G.SKILL | 12TB Dual Parity + 92TB Storage
Remote - Logitech Harmony Smart Hub & Control
@Cinephile my PR (v1.0.20) also defaults the restore dialogue to the configured backup folder and skips the restore if no file was selected to restore. 1.0.19 is marcelveldt's last version in his repository, but apparently never submitted to kodi's official repos. v1.0.12 was published on Jan 18, 2017, several bug fixes in the restore function and path issues and debug info based on the commit messages. No idea what the Bingie repo is or where it is.

@Furby8704 I'll need a full debug log to look into this.
Got an error message or something not working as it should? Provide a full Debug log (wiki) via paste.kodi.tv
I am using the Estuary mod with the latest Kodi. I have some playlists in the Categories section after Genres etc. However, they go off the screen and it would look a little nicer if they showed up as a second row.

I realized I can customize the additional rows by using the Skin helper add on to change the widgets. However, when playing with the custom ones I noticed that I could only add individual playlists here and they show up on the main screen as the individual items (tv shows or movies), rather than a link to the actual playlist.

Do I have any options here to get this how I want it? For instance, I would be happy with the way the Genres widget works, but that seems like a built-in (it uses a "Use as Widget" option that isn't available everywhere), rather than working with an arbitrary list of playlists. That's the functionality I want though.

Any help is much appreciated.

Edit: Added note about Use as Widget.
Hey boys... how i can install this on my currently kodi setup if i want to use it whit stock estuary Huh
If i install it manually from zip i thinks i obtain errors because it's need some dependency....

*EDIT*
script.module.cherrypy it's needed...... damn.

*EDIT 2*
I have correctly install every what's it's need.
Add this on my setting.xml for skin currently enabled:
Code:
    <setting id="SkinHelper.AutoCloseVideoOSD" type="string">10</setting>
Restart my kodi....... and it's no works...  i have check my log and it's contain much of this errors:
Code:
2020-03-31 04:25:54.180 T:1681396448 WARNING: Skin Helper Service --> Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.skin.helper.service/resources/lib/kodi_monitor.py", line 59, in onNotification
                                                self.reset_win_props()
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.skin.helper.service/resources/lib/kodi_monitor.py", line 129, in reset_win_props
                                                self.metadatautils.process_method_on_list(self.win.clearProperty, self.all_window_props)
                                            AttributeError: 'MetadataUtils' object has no attribute 'process_method_on_list'
How i need to do for all works ok ?? Please send some feedback.........

*** EDIT 3 ***
It's apparently resolved... this error on log disappear after update/install the "tv...db..api..v2" from beta repository.

Now the log it's apparently ok.... now need to know how i can apply/enable the "skinhelper.autoclosevideoosd" because i edit this value but it's not stored! i ri reboot my kodi and this setting it's magically disappear.... it's will be resetted at every boot of my kodi.
i have also tried to switch my skin.... when i back to estuary... puuf.. all setting previous edited it's will be reset... becauseHuh?

Please suggest how i need to do...
...only on your "little world" can you lay down the law...
@AnonTester

Please add this fix to your fork of skin.helper.service. Thanks!
So yesterday out of nowhere my Kodi started to force close so am in the process of setting it up again. I use bingie skin usually and am trying to reinstall but everytime I install skin helper service it force closes, then whenever I open it again it force closes in a few seconds. I can't figure out what's going on. Can anybody help as I have no clue why this is happening.

https://paste.kodi.tv/eyesahujat.kodi
@tantrum080 - the skin helper addon has its own support thread. I've merged your post above into it.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
@nonJon fix added to the PR
AnonTester:

Do you have any plans to update skinhelper too?
@Edworld : No. I merely adjusted it (as well as various other addons from marcelveldt) to make it work on Kodi 19 when it broke as the skin I'm using requires it. I'll keep updating the PR when I notice things or if it breaks for me again, but that's about it. I don't work with it or understand what it does or how it integrates into skins.
  • 273(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
skin helper service18