HD Movies Video Skips
1. Complete Debug log (wiki) (Use your favourite paste site! See below.) << NOT OPTIONAL!
http://xbmclogs.com/pquew2rt3 - I can capture more if needed, this is one example, but I don't see anything during the time the issue occurred (~line 6500, right press was to fast forward to the time when the issue occurs).

2. If you can, get screenshots to illustrate problems (See below)
Screen freezes so still images don't really help. Do get some tearing right before the video stops.

3. Latest is not a revision, of anything! (See below)
Kodi 15.1

4. Linux Distribution and version (See below)
KodiUbuntu (Ubuntu 14.04.3 LTS Kernel 3.13.0-62) Updated 8/17/15

5. Hardware (e.g.. i686, x86_64, GPU (See below)
Intel BOXDC3217IYE NUC
Core i3 3217U 1.8GHz
Intel HD4000 Integrated Graphics
4GB G.Skill DDR3 SO-DIMM
Crucial M4 mSATA 64GB SSD

Connected via HDMI to Anthem AVM-50 (Video/audio) ... Then to Toshiba 58L7300U (video only)

6. Install Method (PPA, RPM, build.sh, manual, other)
PPA

7. Determining GIT revision (See below.)
Git:d496682

8. Troubleshooting 101 - Determining if a addon or skin is causing the issue (See below)
Disabled all add ins and remved shin (AOEN NOX was used)

9. Detailed instructions to reproduce the problem (The more specific the better.)
To start with, this showed up with version 15.0 and continues with 15.1. It was not present in 14.0

This only affects HD Movies, HD TV is not an issue (Movies are ISO, TV are MP4 as ripped from my original disks)

I have tested on several HD (BlueRay) Movies (Despicable Me, Angels and Demons, Pirates of the Caribbean all show the issue, log was from Despicable Me)
Have tested on over a dozen regular (DVD) Movies with no issue, they play fine

On the HD movies, what happens is somewhere about 5-10min into the movie, the screen starts to break up, the audio gets choppy and one of 2 things happens:
1. The break ups continue to increase in frequency until the video completely locks up and then the audio continues, though it stutters. only way to correct is to restart Kodi
2. The break ups continue to increase then the movie goes into fast forward until it locks up of the movie stops and drops back to the menu.

The failures happen at about the same place in the movie (+/- a few seconds, may be the exact same place, but not always the same after the first issue)

When I took the debug log I found that the frame rate is pretty low (25fps) until the failure then it spikes briefly to 60fps when the issue happens.

I also verified that the same problem shows up on my Windows 10 machine with the same version installed.

All files are stored on a Ubuntu Server ZFS RAID array distributed through Gigabit Ethernet to the other systems. Failure does not occur on other Intel NUC with Kodi 14.0.

Let me know if more info is needed, this has been causing me havoc as I have not been able to identify the cause. I suspect the HD4000 Video drivers, but am looking for expert input from the community.

Thanks!
Does this only happen with bluray isos?

Can you mount the iso and play the m2ts directly?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
This does only occur with Bluray ISO...Bluray that has been convered to MP4 has no issue and DVD ISO has no issue. It does seem to be independent of OS though (both windows 10 and Ubuntu 14.04.3).

I will try mounting the ISO and playing tonight and let you know what I see.

Thanks.
I mounted a disk, same problem at the same location.

Any thoughts on where to start looking for a solution? Since this occurs on 2 different operating systems, with two different hardware setups I doubt it is a video driver (never 100% sure though), is there settings I should be looking at adjusting?

Thanks.
Sorry, misread the question. I found the m2ts files, the issue shows up at the transition point between 2 m2ts files. I tried the file afterwards and saw no issues unlike when I watch the DVD mounted or the ISO file directly. It seems to start from the best I can tell at the transition between the second and 3rd file, though there is no issue when just playing the files.

Thanks.
Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thanks.
Upgraded to 2:15.2~git20150829.0729-rc1-0trusty, same problem, seems to be a bit worse, happens more often. Anyone have anything I can try?
Same here...

Brand new to Kodi... just installed kodi-15.1-Isengard on windows 10 and have the same problem... ISO (Blu-ray) output to HD TV with HDMI. Confirmed same issue when mounted as virtual DVD. Will check to see if problem persists with single m2ts file.

Playback of ISO not a problem via Cyberlink PowerDVD 15 as ISO mounted on virtual drive.

Just wanted to let you know you are not alone

-T
The bluray vfs maintainer is aware of this issue, see the similar thread in Linux forum.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2015-09-03, 06:56)fritsch Wrote: The bluray vfs maintainer is aware of this issue, see the similar thread in Linux forum.

Link to thread?

Thank you
updated bluray code was merged into master recently. Mind trying a v16 nightly build?
(2015-09-03, 17:54)wsnipex Wrote: updated bluray code was merged into master recently. Mind trying a v16 nightly build?

Sure, Link to v16 nightly build?

Thank you!
I would be willing to try as well if I can get a link. I have both Windows and Linux machines I can test on.
Hint: its in my signature
Just tested with Kodi 16.0-ALPHA3 Git:9ba6449

Same issue, does not play Blu-ray ISO correctly just like all versions tested in Kodi 15.

Let me know the next course of action.

Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HD Movies Video Skips0