XBMC 12.3 (Frodo) + Win 10: Broken SMB Shares
Unfortunately, I already tried that. This is in the release thread for Aeon Nox 5:
"so I know a lot of stuff is missing and/or different from 4.x.x. In order to create a resource friendly and usable gui, not everything from v4 could be added to v5. I had to make choices of what to include and not to include and I did that on basis of the views / options / features I myself use.
This means that the choice had to be made to rid options and redundant views out of the skin. So if you miss your favorite view / option or functionality, you'll have to make a mod to bring those back.
You'll see some elements of the touch skin Droid that I made return here."

Essentially, every view I used to use is gone, and the author's answer to it is to "go make a mod" to bring it back. If I had that ability, I wouldn't be asking for it, I'd be doing it. Everything that made that skin great is missing. Live backgrounds, lots of flexibility in setting up the media browser, etc...I suppose I should just try and find a new Kodi skin that works, but it is still a huge hassle to change my entire media server software (reinstall openelec on all 6 of my boxes) just because Windows 10 shits the bed when it comes to SMB.

Thats the whole reason I haven't really worried about going to KODI. It wasn't worth all that time and effort just to go to a skin that forced me to make compromises when everything worked fine as is.

Messages In This Thread
RE: XBMC 12.3 (Frodo) + Win 10: Broken SMB Shares - by exoscoriae - 2015-08-19, 22:20
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC 12.3 (Frodo) + Win 10: Broken SMB Shares0