XBMC 12.3 (Frodo) + Win 10: Broken SMB Shares
It definitely looks like this was the cause of the problem and is only seemed to affect USB3 drives as my internal drives and USB2 drives worked fine.

I did that major Win10 service pack upgrade from 1511 to version 1607 sometime in the last few weeks but I know it was all still working exactly 3 weeks ago. so either that or some recent windows updates jacked it all up.

80% of the problems were fixed by setting IRPStackSize to Hex 29 value, and Kodi 16.1 allowed me to add my shares as sources using file manager in settings. But I couldn't set the share types there to movies/TV/etc so I deleted them.

Unfortunately when I then went to add them under Videos-Files and told it to browse to the same PC the shares are on it times out and says "Invalid Argument" without showing any of my shares. This is I think the same error I was getting before no matter what method I used to connect, so I'm better off, just not quite 100% fixed yet.

So what does this IRPStackSize value of 29 mean and what values are safe to try ? I s bigger better or is smaller better ? My drives are all USB3 except one.

EDIT:
Answered my own question here...

The IRPStackSize is a parameter that specifies the number of stack locations in I/O request packets (IRPs) that are used by the operating system. Each stack uses 36 bytes of memory for each receive buffer and you can increase the IRPStackSize, through the Windows registry for some transports, media access control (MAC) drivers, or for file system drivers. The default value of the IRPStackSize parameter is 15.

So I guess I'll try upping it to 50 from 29.

Messages In This Thread
RE: XBMC 12.3 (Frodo) + Win 10: Broken SMB Shares - by ne1scott - 2016-10-09, 02:41

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC 12.3 (Frodo) + Win 10: Broken SMB Shares0
This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.