New install of kodibuntu (1st timer)
Hi guys and gals long time window user here and about to install kodibuntu onto my new gigabyte brix, i have already created bootable usb with the downloaded iso of kodibuntu from this web site and watched a few videos on you tube. i have a few questions.

1. Is it as simple as following the on screen instructions (like windows) for install ??
2. Do i need to install any drivers for my hardware after install & if so is there any guides on this Huh
3. Any other extra info i need before i go ahead on planned install on Thursday (once brix arrives)

Anyway any help would be greatly appreciated as just be using brix for HTPC to connect to my QNAP NAS. I have no experience in linux or unibuntu so please bear with me.

Thanks again, already i user of XBMX version 12.3 frodo on my nas but its not upgradeable so hence the reason on buying gigabyte.
1.) Nope. But you should update the system via: sudo apt-get update followed by sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
2.) I suggest using the wsnipex drivers: sudo apt-add-repository ppa:wsnipex/vaapi followed by sudo apt-get update and sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
3.) Nope (not yet), depending on the brix model. If it is already HSW driven, then come back - we need to install a newer kernel.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Thanks for the reply so after install i need to type the following commands, the model i am getting is Gigabyte brix 2.4ghz intel celeron J1900 quad core, has come pre built with 8gb ram & 120gb SSD. Also what what do you mean HSW driven ?
Yes.

HSW <- Haswell. The Generation _after_ yours.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New install of kodibuntu (1st timer)0