"Rip CD Audio" function cannot be highlighted
Smile 
Hi guys, one of the reasons I got XBMC was to rip my mp3, wma and other cd music and rip it to the xbox hard drive so I could enjoy the music during gameplay. My problem is that once I highlight the songs and "press the white button" , the RIP CD AUDIO option CANNOT be chosen or highlighted. Anyone knows what might be the problem?

Thanks!
Since you're not being clear here, we need to clarify something.
"my mp3, wma and other cd music" means what exactly? A data CD containing files in those formats? Or are you trying to rip a "Redbook Audio" CD?
If you are simply putting in a data CD containing a bunch of mp3s and whatnot, go into My Files and copy & paste them in there, there is no "ripping" required...
And if you want to rip music specifically to "enjoy during gameplay", you'll have to use the microsoft dash.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Reason I can´t use the xbox microsoft dashboard to "rip" music for music listening during gameplay is because I have one of those xbox that can´t read CD-R´s , so that´s why I wanted to do it with the XBMC, but for some strange reason the rip function cannot be highlighted when I insert a cd or dvd full of mp3 and wav files.

Thanks!
The rip CD option os only present when there's a true audio CD in the drive. You have a data cd full of audio files. Use the filemanager to copy them. But dont expect to copy them into the Xbox soundtracks. The only way to do that is via the microsoft dash.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
Too badSad I wanted to rip my mp3´s and listen to them during gameplay but now you´re telling me this can only be done with Microsoft dashboard.

I have one of those xbox that has the THOMSON drive which can´t read any kind of cd-r dvd-r dvd-rw. Is there some kind of cd-ror dvd-r that is COMPATIBLE with ALL BOX drives?

I want to burn my music and then rip it with the microsoft dashboard but this damn thomson drive does not allow me !
You cant even do that... All you can do with the MS dash is rip a true audio CD into the xbox's soundtrack database. It cannot rip audio files off a data cd. There was a piece of software called Virtual Xbox CD Ripper which did what you want, but I've personally never used it. Try looking for it on xbox-scene.com.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Rip CD Audio" function cannot be highlighted0