OS X Can connect via SMB in Finder, not in Kodi
I'm hoping someone can help. Since upgrading my PC to Windows 10 (where all media files are located), the Kodi installation on my Mac will no longer accept my UN/PW for the SMB share. The same UN/PW works just fine from Finder and I have no permissions issues there, but gets rejected in Kodi.

It's a 2015 iMac with the latest OS updates and running Kodi 15.1.

I did notice that I had to change my password in the keychain for Finder access, to the password used for my Microsoft account (it wouldn't accept my previous local account password) but I've tried all known passwords in Kodi and none work (old local password, current MS account password and the new "PIN" Win10 made me set up).

I'm honestly at a loss here. Not sure what else to try. I hope all this made sense. :p
I am having this same exact issue, except I'm running Kodi for Android on an OUYA with Milaq's CM11.

I think the issue may be with Windows 10... maybe an update, since it was working fine for a day or two before this issue began.
(2015-08-19, 18:28)thebundok Wrote: I'm hoping someone can help. Since upgrading my PC to Windows 10 (where all media files are located), the Kodi installation on my Mac will no longer accept my UN/PW for the SMB share. The same UN/PW works just fine from Finder and I have no permissions issues there, but gets rejected in Kodi.

It's a 2015 iMac with the latest OS updates and running Kodi 15.1.

I did notice that I had to change my password in the keychain for Finder access, to the password used for my Microsoft account (it wouldn't accept my previous local account password) but I've tried all known passwords in Kodi and none work (old local password, current MS account password and the new "PIN" Win10 made me set up).

I'm honestly at a loss here. Not sure what else to try. I hope all this made sense. :p

I manage to get mine working on all floors except fire tv I haven't tested.

Make sure your using sharing option under mac and have it set to read only unless you want to make changes from another pc.

To me, I use 2 sets of hard drives, to me I have 4 folders: "TV Shows" "TV Shows 2" , "Movies" "Movies 2" with other folders and files.
>Settings
>Sharing
>File Sharing -check it
> +
-add the destination
Should be able to see it under networks on windows

go to kodi and go add the network.
(2015-08-22, 19:21)Anthony215 Wrote: Should be able to see it under networks on windows

go to kodi and go add the network.

Thanks for the replies however the problem wasn't seeing it on the network or seeing the mac on the PC, the problem was that I could see, connect to and access the Win10 PC from the Mac in Finder however it wouldn't connect in Kodi.

I used the past tense because I finally fixed the issue by disabling the Microsoft account login (with PIN) on the Win10 machine and selecting only Local account with password. This reverted back to the typical login (UN/PW) and I was able then to connect with the old credentials.

Still not sure why it wouldn't connect using the other credentials, or how to fix it in the future, but disabling the microsoft account login also disables the use of Cortana, which is kind of a bummer. Hopefully the Kodi team can address it in a future patch perhaps.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can connect via SMB in Finder, not in Kodi0