Win NextPVR, IPTV, and TV guide
Hi. I recently installed Kodi, and I've been struggling to get the TV tab to work. I installed IPTV Stalker, but I can't get it to work. I've read that they keep changing the MAC settings. I installed PVR IPTV Simple Client instead, but I couldn't find a good source for UK channels, and the guide on the TV tab is empty.

I read about using Next PVR to enable recording live streams when I can actually get the thing working, and it says it's compatible with IPTV devices, and it seems you can add m3u lists to it.

Can anyone point me at a good source for UK channels (I'm not trying to get anything illegal), and help me to get this up and running? I want to stream live TV and have the ability to view episode details on a guide, and record shows.

Thanks.
Would it not be easier to do it through your aerial with a USB receiver?
NextPVR will only help you if you've got a TV tuner connected to your PC. It wont help you for recording TV over the internet.
It might be easier through a TV tuner, but it has options for IPTV, and I read that you can do it. Also, I live in an area where it's difficult to pick up TV signals via an aerial.
NextPVR does do IPTV.... but unfortunately "IPTV" is a fairly generic term referring to lots of different possible technologies.

Specifically, NextPVR supports transport stream based multi-cast or point-to-point IPTV used on some cable systems. This is where a cable company provides special UDP/HTTP broadcasts for their own customers to watch their channels. It does not support the type of IPTV you're talking about, where you've got some .m3u file with a list of random urls.
(2015-08-21, 04:01)sub3 Wrote: NextPVR does do IPTV.... but unfortunately "IPTV" is a fairly generic term referring to lots of different possible technologies.

Specifically, NextPVR supports transport stream based multi-cast or point-to-point IPTV used on some cable systems. This is where a cable company provides special UDP/HTTP broadcasts for their own customers to watch their channels. It does not support the type of IPTV you're talking about, where you've got some .m3u file with a list of random urls.

Thanks for the information.

Do you know if it's possible to get UDP/HTTP for UK Freeview channels (Freeview is a set of free channels that are accessible on any modern TV via aerial), or can you suggest a Kodi add-on that does what I need (live streaming with a TV guide and the ability to record).

Thanks for your patience.
(2015-08-21, 04:14)jcvamp Wrote: Do you know if it's possible to get UDP/HTTP for UK Freeview channels (Freeview is a set of free channels that are accessible on any modern TV via aerial)
No, not that I've heard of.

This type of IPTV is typically only used on cable networks, and doesn't go out to the internet. It's limited to within the cable companies own network.

Quote:or can you suggest a Kodi add-on that does what I need (live streaming with a TV guide and the ability to record).
No, sorry I don't know. I think the IPTV plugin would let you watch them, but no recording or tv guide.
(2015-08-21, 04:14)jcvamp Wrote:
(2015-08-21, 04:01)sub3 Wrote: NextPVR does do IPTV.... but unfortunately "IPTV" is a fairly generic term referring to lots of different possible technologies.

Do you know if it's possible to get UDP/HTTP for UK Freeview channels (Freeview is a set of free channels that are accessible on any modern TV via aerial), or can you suggest a Kodi add-on that does what I need (live streaming with a TV guide and the ability to record).

Inboxed you
(2015-08-21, 09:44)Steve_uk Wrote:
(2015-08-21, 04:14)jcvamp Wrote:

Inboxed you

Thanks for the reply. I tried to respond to your PM, but it wouldn't let me. It says I don't have permission to view the page.

Do you know of anything that can add the recording functionality?
(2015-08-21, 17:20)jcvamp Wrote:
(2015-08-21, 09:44)Steve_uk Wrote:
(2015-08-21, 04:14)jcvamp Wrote: Thanks for the information.

Inboxed you

Thanks for the reply. I tried to respond to your PM, but it wouldn't let me. It says I don't have permission to view the page.

Do you know of anything that can add the recording functionality?
Not sure... I think you can as I've seen a recording part on it would need to google that Smile
Thanks.
Bringing this back up... My cable company provides a free service to their subscribers for watching TV over the web.. is it possible for NextPVR to utilize that with it's IPTV capabilities? If so, how do I set that up? The streaming on the web content is of much better quality than the cable-ready service I am able to get on my analog tuners.

https://video2.timewarnercable.com
No, it is not possible to use this vod service.
Smile Ok thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NextPVR, IPTV, and TV guide2