updating video library takes long time
actually it is.
I am using kodi/xbmc for almost 10 years and its been setup with MySQL since Dharma 10.
I used to update libraries on any devices and had no problems ever.
Dont think kodi write to media folders when updating libraries, does it ?
Most weird thing is atv2 kodi has helix 14.2 and isengard is not supporting atv2 any more.
Helix video databse version is 90 and isengard is 93 ... so there could be no interference between them.

will check atv2 kodi log to see if I can find any problems.

Thanks for your helps.
Proud xbmp/xbmc/kodi user since early days of 1st gen xbox

I wonder if something is causing the hashes to change in the databases themselves which then the other device thinks its new and starts the whole process again...

Since you were also path substituting the Thumbnails (and thats buggey and mostly doesnt work) Ive no idea what implication that has on the hashes or this process even if you stop doing that, especially how databases tend to store all manners of crap that doesn't get cleaned out properly.

I would run texturecache.py on those databases to remove any invalid entries, remove no longer existing paths, and recache the correct artwork per device locally as it should.
Wow ...
Thanks for suggesting to texturecache.py and clean database and thumbs ..
My thumb folder had 110,000 files and was 8.5 Gb
Now it has 22,000 files and 2 Gb

Almost sure problem was the atv2 kodi, no problems for 2 days now.

Also theres hardly any reason to use mysql if each device is using separate databases.
Once you use mysql database you never go back ...
all your libraries in the house are synced with watched, recently added, resume point ,....
you can stop a movie/tv show in one room and resume it in other room.
you dont need to update your libraries on all devices, update on any device and all devices are good to go
never need to backup each kodi to update or reset,
got a new kodi? need to add all the media sources, update library now you dont know what u watched and not .... no need, just add mysql path in advancedsettings and all is done.
and many many more

I know the benefits but thats not quite true for re-installs and for syncing also not true for people who have different devices on different Kodi version like you.

For you, you have atv2 and another box on difference kodi version therefore mysql makes no sense.
Replaced that atv2 with tronsmart,
It was just just a replacement till I install new kodi on it.
I have too many kodi in house held and I think synced library via mysql is the best solution for those like me.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
updating video library takes long time0