Custom background missing
Hi,

I'm a new user on this forum and this is my first post Smile

I think I noticed a bug:

Windows 7 Home x64 + Aeon Nox 5
I have just upgraded from Kodi 14.2 to 15.1
After upgrading I noticed that top level screens in Movies section of Kodi display default blueish cosmonaut background rather than my own custom background previously set in System->Appearance->Skin->Settings->Set background images->Movies.
My custom background appears only when I get into Files and start browsing my NAS device's contents. All higher level screens in Movies section do have default background.
That worked fine on 14.2.

I tried to clear my custom background and set it once again but it didn't help at all.

Cheers,
Zbyszek
Works fine with my custom background. Maybe something happened with your upgrade. You could try to backup your guisettings etc. and switch back to confluence, then delete and reinstall the skin. Worst case, lose the backup too. Best case, just reboot.
Hi,

Is it really only me having this issue ?

I restored C: from Acronis image (hence returned to fully working 14.1), set all background images to new directory on D: drive (previously I kept them in media directory in Kodi install folder which got deleted during previous upgrade to 15.1 so I had to copy them again). Everything working fine so far.

I switched to default Confluence skin, then upgraded to 15.1.
After upgrading, I launched 15.1, then I received a message that Aeon Nox got automatically upgraded to most recent version.
So I switched back to Aeon Nox. And again same problem - two top level views in Movies secion use default cosmonaut background even though I set my own image in System section previously (in 14.1). Only when I dig down into my NAS contents, I can see background image switching to my custom one, when I return to Files view (or higher) - I can see that cosmonaut again.

I deleted guisettings.xml and set my backgrounds again - still the same problem.
I tried to clear the image and set it again - still the same problem.
I even tried switching to English language (I use Polish by default) - it doesn't help at all.

No such problem with any other secion (Music, Weather, Photos, System etc.) - all the sections in all screens use my custom backgrounds there.

Must be something wrong with Aeon Nox on 15.1... For some reason top-level views in Movies section ignore custom background setting set in System section.

Regs,
Zbyszek
OK, I finally found where the bug is Big Grin Some of you may have not noticed it though because it's not so obvious.
I confirmed that it exists by testing it on my test VM with Kodi and asking colleague to perform same test.

The problem with Aeon Nox + 15.1 is that:
Certain screens in Movies section use custom background taken from background setting for Video section (really !).

So if one, like me, don't use Videos section and have no custom background set for Videos but custom background is set for Movies then some screens in Movies section will have default cosmonaut background while others will have the background that one set for Movies. In other words Movies background images somehow depend on Videos now.
This did work properly on 14.1, that is custom background for Videos and Movies were fully independent there.

If you set custom background for Videos and Movies to the same image then you won't just notice this bug.
I did it now (even though I don't use Videos) and problem is gone but this is rather workaround than a resolution Confused
(2015-08-30, 01:25)klosz007 Wrote: The problem with Aeon Nox + 15.1 is that:
Certain screens in Movies section use custom background taken from background setting for Video section (really !).

I must have misread your first post. I replace the default_bg.jpg in my skin files because there is a slight delay in the GUI implementation of custom background. This replaces the cosmonaut image system wide.

I don't understand your issue entirely though. Are you missing fanart for some of your movies? Which "Certain screens in Movies section" are you referring to?

edit: after a more thorough read of your post, it looks like you may be confusing Movies and videos. I'm not aware of "two top level views in Movies section". There is movies, and if you have them grouped into sets, then there is a second level. Looks like you're browsing in file mode though, not library mode. Have you scanned your movies to create your library?
Hi,

Not sure how to explain this in more clear way. I am not talknig about fanart. I am talking about the background image you can set per section (Movies, Videos, Music, etc.) in System settings which are visible when you enter into this specific Kodi section (you highligh given top menu entry and press enter; if you just highlight top-level menu entry - another background image can be displayed but this is different setting). And I'm not talking about the images that are being displayed on the main menu with horizontal bar when moving left to right across top/home menu (you can set them to your custom image in settings as well).
On top menu highlight Movies, press Enter, you'll go into Library view for Movies. Move higher in the hierarchy - you'll go to top-level menu for Movies. The problem is that you'll see here default cosmonaut image even if you had set custom background for Movies section. Custom image starts to work when you go into Files and then my NAS. That's becuase those screens in Movies section do not use custom background setting for movies but instead for Videos. This did work properly on Kodi 14.
It's very interesting if you set two separate images for Movies and for Videos. When walking thorough menu levels in Movies, on some screens you'll see custom background you had set for Movies and on some - those for Videos.
I would really have to record a video to present it. If you are setting one global custom background via default_bg.jpg, not separate images for every section of Kodi, via it's System settings, you have no chance to ever see that bug... I guess you're not using that advanced level of Kodi/Aeon Nox appearance customization.
(2015-09-05, 00:39)klosz007 Wrote: Hi,

Not sure how to explain this in more clear way. I am not talknig about fanart. I am talking about the background image you can set per section (Movies, Videos, Music, etc.) in System settings which are visible when you enter into this specific Kodi section (you highligh given top menu entry and press enter; if you just highlight top-level menu entry - another background image can be displayed but this is different setting). And I'm not talking about the images that are being displayed on the main menu with horizontal bar when moving left to right across top/home menu (you can set them to your custom image in settings as well).
On top menu highlight Movies, press Enter, you'll go into Library view for Movies. Move higher in the hierarchy - you'll go to top-level menu for Movies. The problem is that you'll see here default cosmonaut image even if you had set custom background for Movies section. Custom image starts to work when you go into Files and then my NAS. That's becuase those screens in Movies section do not use custom background setting for movies but instead for Videos. This did work properly on Kodi 14.
It's very interesting if you set two separate images for Movies and for Videos. When walking thorough menu levels in Movies, on some screens you'll see custom background you had set for Movies and on some - those for Videos.
I would really have to record a video to present it. If you are setting one global custom background via default_bg.jpg, not separate images for every section of Kodi, via it's System settings, you have no chance to ever see that bug... I guess you're not using that advanced level of Kodi/Aeon Nox appearance customization.

OK, now I know what section art your taking about. Sorry I can't be of much help though. My background is always covered by fanart when browsing in library mode. So I never set that option in settings. But, like I said, I overwrote the default_bg systemwide because sometimes when exiting movie collections there is a delay and you see the cosmonaut. I had tried to use the setting you're describing, but found the delay to be annoying. I never noticed the bug you're talking about though.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Custom background missing0