Release EyeTV Live TV as IPTV
EyeTV IPTV Server v1.0.1

Hey there!

I have created an application which takes the live channels in EyeTV and provides them as an IPTV service.

This way we can use it with Kodi's PVR interface by using PVR IPTV Simple Client.

It handles channel switching automatically and the video quality and channel switching speed is equal to the native EyeTV client. This is a huge improvement compared to using the EyeTV parser, which uses very compressed video streams made for iPhone viewing and where channel switching takes a very long time.

Get the installer here:
EyeTV IPTV Installer v1.0.1

And an uninstaller

Once installed, put http://localhost:9898/playlist.m3u8 as the M3U playlist for PVR IPTV Simple Client, and it should just work!
Then, use your favorite XMLTV service to get EPG data Smile

Source code is available here: simphax/eyetv-iptv-server

Changelog

v1.0.1
Restricted internal video stream to localhost
Added --host argument

v1.0.0
First release
I will be trying this when my eye tv usb tuner turns up, will post some testing results but looks very good :-)
Works great, just need to get the guide working next
brilliant work thank you.

this is my first attempt at pvr/live tv, so i have a questions.

1. this may have nothing to do with your app. however i will ask you first.
i have added VLC to my firewall marked to allow incoming connections. however when i change channels i get a warning (Do you want application "VLC.app" to accept incoming connections.?

2. pause and rewind/fast forward are not working. is this operator error or is it not yet functional.

thanks again
(2015-08-28, 15:53)mxlance Wrote: 1. this may have nothing to do with your app. however i will ask you first.
i have added VLC to my firewall marked to allow incoming connections. however when i change channels i get a warning (Do you want application "VLC.app" to accept incoming connections.?
Thank you for this! The application actually extracts it's own VLC.app into a temporary folder. This is how the http video stream is created. I have updated the application (v1.0.1) so that VLC only streams to localhost now.
(2015-08-28, 15:53)mxlance Wrote: 2. pause and rewind/fast forward are not working. is this operator error or is it not yet functional.
I don't think this is possible with the Simple IPTV Client. If it is, someone please correct me Smile
thanks for the reply. i will give the update a try and report back.

i recommended this as a subject for the kordkutter show.

thank you
installed update, still get the same firewall message.
tried to run the uninstall but i did not remove anything.
reinstalled v.1.0.1 same as before.

it is not the end of the world and it still works just not smooth, yet.

thanks for this, hope time shift can work in the future.
wish i could be of some help but i am just beginning to try and learn some skinning.

thanks again
(2015-09-01, 13:00)mxlance Wrote: installed update, still get the same firewall message.
tried to run the uninstall but i did not remove anything.
reinstalled v.1.0.1 same as before.
The uninstaller should remove /Library/LaunchAgents/eyetv-iptv-server.plist and /usr/local/bin/eyetv-iptv-server . But it will leave the VLC plugin in EyeTV.

Another thing you can try is to edit /Library/LaunchAgents/eyetv-iptv-server.plist and replace this
Code:
<array>
    <string>/usr/local/bin/eyetv-iptv-server</string>
</array>
With this
Code:
<array>
    <string>/usr/local/bin/eyetv-iptv-server</string>
    <string>--vlc-path</string>
    <string>/Applications/VLC.app/Contents/MacOS/VLC</string>
</array>
This will make the server to use the VLC.app you have installed in the applications folder.
Then run these commands in Terminal to restart the service
Code:
launchctl unload /Library/LaunchAgents/eyetv-iptv-server.plist
launchctl load /Library/LaunchAgents/eyetv-iptv-server.plist

You can also add this to have the server only accessible from the same machine
Code:
<string>--host</string>
<string>localhost</string>
made the recommended change to (eyetv-iptv-server.plist).
that appears to have fixed the firewall issue. thank you.
will test for speed and stability later today.

now for a question:
i found your other related forum post, and now wonder what are your plans for the development of this fantastic addon/service?

also may i recommend placing a post in the Mac OS X thread.
i found the your EyeTV IPTV Server purely by accident. i am sure others using eyetv hardware on mac would be thrilled with this, perhaps posting there will get some other users.

thanks again
Hi simphax...wow this is great so far, nice work! I've got it working on my Mac Pro.

Like mxlance, I also came across this thread by accident. I would love to use my Mac as a proper PVR backend for Kodi!

I use a Windows PC for the frontend though...is there a way to stream this EyeTV setup to another computer? Presumably changing "http://localhost:9898/playlist.m3u8", but maybe it's more complicated than that?

Anyway thanks a lot for this, good luck!
HTPC: Win10 Pro, Kodi 17.4, NVIDIA GeForce 1080TI
Desk: 27-inch iMac with Retina 5K display (2017), Kodi 17.4
Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9", Kodi
PVR Backend: tvheadend via Docker engine in unRAID 6.6.1
(2015-09-06, 17:23)OddyOh Wrote: Hi simphax...wow this is great so far, nice work! I've got it working on my Mac Pro.

Like mxlance, I also came across this thread by accident. I would love to use my Mac as a proper PVR backend for Kodi!

I use a Windows PC for the frontend though...is there a way to stream this EyeTV setup to another computer? Presumably changing "http://localhost:9898/playlist.m3u8", but maybe it's more complicated than that?

Anyway thanks a lot for this, good luck!

Hi! No it's that easy Smile
Change localhost to the local IP of your Mac. You find your local IP in System Settings->Network. So for example use http://192.168.1.20:9898/playlist.m3u8 as the URL on your Windows PC.

Good luck Smile
(2015-09-02, 17:46)mxlance Wrote: i found your other related forum post, and now wonder what are your plans for the development of this fantastic addon/service?

Yeah, I am unsure Smile The drawback of this in its current form is the lack of being able to record and time-shift a stream. I would definitely like to see this being solved. One alternative is to develop a native PVR add-on. But right now there is no documentation available on how to develop these add-ons, because of that I will not personally do this until that changes. Another option is to wait/hope for that the Simple IPTV add-on will add client-side recording and time-shifting. A third option would be to add recording via VLC in my application and hack a custom version of Simple IPTV that will add calls to my service for that. A fourth option would be to mimic the protocol of an existing PVR like NextPVR (which also already uses the http protocol). I will probably not be able to do the two latter options myself either because of limited spare time.
I would, however, be interested in collaborating with anyone that thinks this sounds like an interesting project.
(2015-09-06, 17:37)simphax Wrote: Hi! No it's that easy Smile
Change localhost to the local IP of your Mac. You find your local IP in System Settings->Network. So for example use http://192.168.1.20:9898/playlist.m3u8 as the URL on your Windows PC.

Good luck Smile

Thanks, that works!
HTPC: Win10 Pro, Kodi 17.4, NVIDIA GeForce 1080TI
Desk: 27-inch iMac with Retina 5K display (2017), Kodi 17.4
Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9", Kodi
PVR Backend: tvheadend via Docker engine in unRAID 6.6.1
@simphax, thanks for all your work on this.
i wish i could be of more help in developing this.
unfortunately most of your descriptions for possible development paths are way, way over my head.
now if you need graphics i can help. but i am beating my head trying to learn a little skinning, never even looked at code until recently.

thanks again
Hi,

i've got a questions.

I don't understand !!!

I've got a Mac Mini Server without kodi, but with EyeTV Sat.

Can I make this to a IPTV ServerHuh And must install Kodi on the Server??

I'd like make the Mac Mini Server to an IPTV-Server

Sorry for my incomprehension and my very bad English

Kind regards

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EyeTV Live TV as IPTV1