Release EyeTV Live TV as IPTV
(2015-11-06, 13:00)jorg3west Wrote: ...
Can I make this to a IPTV ServerHuh And must install Kodi on the Server??

Hi!
Yes you can use this to use your Mac Mini as an IPTV server, there is no need to have Kodi installed on the server.
The address to the IPTV server will be the IP of your mac instead of localhost.
Please help!
Had this working but was experiencing screen freezes and pixellation - so reinstalled Eye TV (this has sorted streaming to IPAD issues before). Now this has stopped it working completely :-(
I've uninstalled and reinstalled the program on OSX but no change.
The channels are loaded on kodi but when I hit play it just says loading for about 30 seconds and then goes back to menu...
I've seen the messages above and one thing I note is that there is no /Library/LaunchAgents/eyetv-iptv-server.plist file after reinstallation so I'm presuming it's not reinstalling properly...
(2016-01-24, 16:23)drdwridav Wrote: Please help!
Had this working but was experiencing screen freezes and pixellation - so reinstalled Eye TV (this has sorted streaming to IPAD issues before). Now this has stopped it working completely :-(
I've uninstalled and reinstalled the program on OSX but no change.
The channels are loaded on kodi but when I hit play it just says loading for about 30 seconds and then goes back to menu...
I've seen the messages above and one thing I note is that there is no /Library/LaunchAgents/eyetv-iptv-server.plist file after reinstallation so I'm presuming it's not reinstalling properly...

The installer should work.
Try manually adding the file via Terminal
Code:
sudo nano /Library/LaunchAgents/eyetv-iptv-server.plist
paste the content from here eyetv-iptv-server.plist
Then run
Code:
launchctl load /Library/LaunchAgents/eyetv-iptv-server.plist

The installer does the following:
1. Installs the EyeTV VLC plugin
2. Enables EyeTV iPhone access in the settings.
3. Extracts the executable to /usr/local/bin/eyetv-iptv-server
4. Adds and loads /Library/LaunchAgents/eyetv-iptv-server.plist
Thanks for the instructions. All files in the right place and installed but still no change in Kodi. It loads channels fine, but just says loading when a channel is chosen...then stops loading :-( I so want to get this working again!

This is the same whether it's local host or another computer on network

Update: The latest El Capitan update has got it working again. Getting lots of pixellation on the HD channels though, even when it's localhost. Any thoughts on what might be the cause? The normal eye tv picture in HD is perfect...
@simphax – not sure if you are still around.
I have been happily using your EyeTV IPTV Server v1.0.1
I recently added two more kodi systems.
Currently I can only connect and watch on one kodi system at a time.
If I launch iptv simple on a second system and select the same channel running on another system the first system stops and then starts on the second.
Is there anyway eyetv iptv server can serve to multiple kodi systems simultaneously?
(2016-05-05, 15:13)mxlance Wrote: @simphax – not sure if you are still around.
I have been happily using your EyeTV IPTV Server v1.0.1
I recently added two more kodi systems.
Currently I can only connect and watch on one kodi system at a time.
If I launch iptv simple on a second system and select the same channel running on another system the first system stops and then starts on the second.
Is there anyway eyetv iptv server can serve to multiple kodi systems simultaneously?

It can't in the current version, sorry. Reason is that the streaming can sometimes be buggy and therefore it's more reliable if it restarts the stream every time you select a channel. You can however join an ongoing stream by opening http://the.ip:9897

EDIT: you might need to edit the plist file according to my previous instructions but add --vlc-dst with a value of 0.0.0.0
thank you for the reply.
i will play around with it and if i get it to work i will report back so others can try it.
thanks again.
Hi everyone:

Just wanted to drop a quick note of an issue that I've recently just encountered (over the pass week or so) with IPTV Server 1.0.1.

I have a late 2014 Mac Mini running OSX El Capitan and Kodi 16.1. I use an Elgato EyeTV Diversity USB with EyeTV software as the TV tuner. I also have installed and activated the IPTV Server v1.0.1 with my Kodi, did the necessary configurations and all. Everything was worknig fine - Kodi recignises all the channels as obtained from EyeTV, and I can view those channels fine.

Then, over the pass week, Elgato released a new version of EyeTV, and as I updated it when prompted to do so. The EyeTV application installed/updated fine. However, I've noticed that since the update, my IPTV server no longer works properly. When I launch Kodi, it can still pick up the channels from the PVR backend, but when I tried viewing a channel, you see the cursor change to the "waiting/busy" icon, and after about 15 or so seconds, the icon just disappears but the channel/stream doesn't play.

As such, I'm wondering, has any encountered anything similar? as far as I recalled, in the past when updating EyeTV doesn't break the IPTV Service, but it does seem to break it this time. Any thoughts?

Thanks. Any help/assistance would certainly be appreciated.

WlgSpotter

p/s - just thought I'd mention that I'm running the Titan Beta skin for Kodi.

Just an update, I managed to get IPTV Server working again. Removed all references of EyeTV and EyeTV Connect from the Mac Firewall, also removed EyeTV-IPTV-Server from it as well, reinstalled IPTV Server v1.0.1, rebooted my Mac, launched EyeTV followed by Kodi, click accept for any prompt about incoming connections, and it is now working again. So I'm happy again. Thought I'd mention it here in case it is of any help to anyone facing similar issue.
I don't think this relates to your problem wlgspotter but I can't even install eyetv-iptv.

It says the installation has failed (the logs state permission was denied when moving files). The package requested admin rights and I gave them. No other package has failed with admin rights. I've no idea what step to take next?

This is a fresh, vanilla install of Snow Leopard, that's then updated to 10.6.8. There's only one user and it's the admin account.

-------------

It may or may not be related but I couldn't get the pre-install instructions to complete either. I cannot tick 'enable access from Eyetv for iPhone/iPad' as requested. Nor can I tick 'Share my EyeTV archive'. Both checkboxes are not greyed out but won't place a check when I click them. They just blink. Thinking it was my old system (that I'm using as the server), I checked my far more recent rMBP with an installation of EyeTV (latest version as of the date of posting) and neither will check on this system. Oddly, if I Google this, the internet suggests this has happened to nobody on earth other than one person who found they must install the now discontinued and unavailable 'Eyeconnect' first, which EyeTV makes no mention of.

It seems odd that this issue is on both of my machines and nobody elses. I don't think that relates to the IPTV Server issue but thought I'd put it out there just incase.
If anyone have trouble enabling iPhone access, try running the commands below in Terminal:

Code:
mkdir "/Library/Application Support/EyeConnect"
cp -r /Applications/EyeTV.app/Contents/Resources/EyeConnect.app "/Library/Application Support/EyeConnect"
sudo cp -f "/Library/Application Support/EyeConnect/EyeConnect.app/Contents/Resources/com.elgato.EyeConnect.plist" /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.elgato.EyeConnect.plist
sudo chown root:wheel /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.elgato.EyeConnect.plist
sudo chmod 600 /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.elgato.EyeConnect.plist
sudo launchctl load /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.elgato.EyeConnect.plist
Hello, Simphax ...

Good job you have done .

I did what you said in the beginning of the thread .. it worked .. but I have some questions hope you have time to answer them :

1. Can I play my EyeTV channels while I'm at work and my EyeTV at home working ?

2. Can I play 2 channels at the same time ?

3. if I want to export 1 channel only as IPTV link .m3u8 .. can I do that ? .. because from the media information I have seen the link is not an extension with .m3u8 !

4. When i change the channel from VLC while im opening EyeTV .. it changed to the channel i want but then it return the previous channel !! What might be the problem ?

Btw, im using EyeTV Sat Free ..

Sorry for my question just i was looking for something really help me with EyeTV ..

Thanks alot brother .. Keep it up ..
(2016-09-19, 20:09)Fayo Wrote: Hello, Simphax ...

Good job you have done .

I did what you said in the beginning of the thread .. it worked .. but I have some questions hope you have time to answer them :

1. Can I play my EyeTV channels while I'm at work and my EyeTV at home working ?

3. if I want to export 1 channel only as IPTV link .m3u8 .. can I do that ? .. because from the media information I have seen the link is not an extension with .m3u8 !

4. When i change the channel from VLC while im opening EyeTV .. it changed to the channel i want but then it return the previous channel !! What might be the problem ?

Sorry for my question just i was looking for something really help me with EyeTV ..

1. The video stream is uncompressed so you need a very stable connection for that to work. You need to forward port 9898 in your router to the computer with the eyetv server. Otherwise I think the built-in EyeConnect / iPhone streaming should work over the internet.

2. Not supported. I don't think it's possible with only one tuner either.

3. You can open http://localhost:9898/playlist.m3u8 in a browser and copy-paste one of the urls.

4. It should work. I don't have the ability to investigate the issue right now, might get back to it later.
(2016-09-20, 21:06)simphax Wrote:
(2016-09-19, 20:09)Fayo Wrote: Hello, Simphax ...

Good job you have done .

1. The video stream is uncompressed so you need a very stable connection for that to work. You need to forward port 9898 in your router to the computer with the eyetv server. Otherwise I think the built-in EyeConnect / iPhone streaming should work over the internet.

2. Not supported. I don't think it's possible with only one tuner either.

3. You can open http://localhost:9898/playlist.m3u8 in a browser and copy-paste one of the urls.

4. It should work. I don't have the ability to investigate the issue right now, might get back to it later.

Thank you so much for your time answering my questions ..

Wish you luck
I'm trying to get Kodi to work with EyeTV and haven't had any luck. I've read many articles and believe I did what I'm supposed to. To be specific - I want to use Kodi on multiple computers to stream live TV from my Mac (server) which has a tuner and Eyetv. I have the Krypton version of Kodi (17.3), newest as of this writing. I first ran the EyeTV IPTV installer. Then I installed and opened Kodi, went to the add ons, added the PVR client, "PVR IPTV Simple Client", added the path http://localhost:9898/playlist.m3u8 (replacing "localhost" with the I.P. address of my computer with Eyetv.) But when I go to Kodi, click TV and then click "channels, there's nothing. I also forwarded the port 9898 to the computer with Eyetv. I'm sorry that I'm probably missing something basic, but I can't figure it out. (Also, I tried pasting that path into Quicktime and VLC, and it didn't see a stream either.)
Oh my God, success!! I was able to figure it out. In the sharing preferences in EyeTV, there's an option to use a 4 digit security code to protect your stream. I had that enabled with a pin. Once I took that off, it worked!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EyeTV Live TV as IPTV1