Kodi won't set content or scan since updated to 15.1
Question 
Looking for a bit of help with an issue I'm having.

I have three Windows 7 PCs previously running Kodi 14.2 and sharing a SQL server.

I recently updated all three PCs to v15.1. When I booted Kodi up I noticed my library was gone. However, I could still see my sources and play ll media thru the file menu.

I tried to set content of my folders but nothing would happen and when I try to scan nothing happens. If I go back to set content again it is still set to "none".

Debug Log: http://pastebin.com/Pw5kL7Ay
relevant lines from the log:
Quote:17:07:23 T:2432 NOTICE: Attempting to update the database MyVideos93 from version 90 to 93
17:07:23 T:2432 DEBUG: Mysql Start transaction
17:07:23 T:2432 DEBUG: Mysql execute: CREATE TABLE actor_link(actor_id INT, media_id INT, media_type TEXT, role TEXT, cast_order INT) CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci
17:07:23 T:2432 ERROR: SQL: Undefined MySQL error: Code (1050)
Query: CREATE TABLE actor_link(actor_id INT, media_id INT, media_type TEXT, role TEXT, cast_order INT) CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci
17:07:23 T:2432 ERROR: Exception updating database MyVideos93 from version 90 to 93
17:07:23 T:2432 ERROR: Error updating database MyVideos93 from version 90 to 93
17:07:23 T:2432 DEBUG: Mysql rollback transaction
17:07:23 T:2432 ERROR: Unable to open database: MyVideos92 [1049](Unknown database 'myvideos92')
17:07:23 T:2432 ERROR: Unable to open database: MyVideos91 [1049](Unknown database 'myvideos91')
17:07:23 T:2432 NOTICE: Old database found - updating from version 90 to 93
17:07:23 T:2432 ERROR: SQL: Can't create database for copy: 'MyVideos90' (1007)
17:07:23 T:2432 ERROR: Unable to copy old database MyVideos90 to new version MyVideos93

i don't use a mysql setup, so can only guess... might be that your video db is corrupt?
easiest way to fix would be to drop the db and create a fresh one.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
MySQL error 1050: "Table already exists"

Drop the MyVideos93 database and try the migration again.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Thanks for the response guy, I fixed the issue.

Here's how I solved it for anyone who has a similar issue.

1. Quit Kodi

2. Use the MySQL configuration utility to drop/delete the existing MySQL copies of the Kodi database(s).

3. Using the command line tools: enter show databases; including the semicolon. Type drop database <name>; for every name in the resulting list, after the stable version from step 2, starting with MyMusic or MyVideos and followed by some digits, for example: drop database MyVideos78; drop database MyMusic46; Note that actual names may vary per Kodi version, and do not forget the trailing semicolon.

4. Start one Kodi instance that is using the version you want to use and give it lots of time to update the database. Kodi will make a new updated DB using the last working DB from the previous Kodi installation.

5. You can now open/launch Kodi on the other devices.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi won't set content or scan since updated to 15.10