Win Cant connect to Kodi via "Kore"
Hi Smile!
I have a problem which I cant figure how to solve..
After kore found my device automatically, It writes:
"Couldn't connect to Kodi/XBMC. Please check the configuration."

I have no idea of how to solve it, i tried to give kodi a full permission with firewall, add a firewall rule of TCP port (80) or disable my antivirus.
UPnP: Share library
webserver: Allow control on Kodi with HTTP / Port:80 / username: kodi(as default)
Allow control from programs on other systems (allowed)
Zeroconf: On.

a weird thing is that for one time it did work for few minutes (I did nothing, it just worked) and then stopped.
Plus, I get an error on Yatse too: It failed connecting to JSON-RPC.

My IP: 10.0.0.4 (at least on kodi) and port 80.
Running on Windows 10, 64-BIT edition
With "avast free antivirus" program.

Thank you,
Have a good day Smile

EDIT: IP suddenly changed to 10.0.0.6 ...
+after doing a scan, no Ports are open in both IPs..
im having trouble connecting as well not sure why either if you find out let me know thanks!!
Did you get anywhere with this? I just got a new router, and now my remote won't connect. I get the exact same thing. It finds the server but can't connect.

I tried port forwarding 8080 - as that's my Kodi remote port, and I've disabled the router's firewall. Is there any other settings I need enabled with the router?
I am not sure... but i think that KORE needs UPNP ports to be accessible.
check if they are opened / accessible.
If you disable firewall (just for testing) it should work.
This problem is solved for me.

Root Cause: Firewall blocked TCP/UDP communication. (McAfee LiveSafe)

I had added an exception under Ports and System Services for TCP port 8080 and UDP 9090 without success.
Finally, I changed the "Open Ports to" setting from "PCs in Work and Home networks only" to " All PCs".
That solved the issue and KORE connected right away.

McAfee LiveSafe is definitely not the most user-friendly product I've used. My phone is definitely connected to my Home network, but perhaps they are meaning Homegroup??
Anyway, this worked for me. Maybe it will save someone else the headache.
Same with me. ESET Smart Security was blocking 8080 but only for the Windows 10 Pro PC and not the Home PC, weird.
Media_Center_Master (wiki) || First_time_user (wiki) || Kodi Store || T-shirts: Villian, Protest, Graffiti, Emoji, Black on Black, K-18L

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cant connect to Kodi via "Kore"0