Release PictureIt - Kodi Visualization
(2015-08-30, 17:27)Tadly Wrote: So again...
No, this project is not dead, yes I haven't worked on it for a while (worked on other project though,
so I haven't been lazy) and yes, it looks like things are starting to gear up again Smile

Did this Add-on go anywhere in the end? Does it work on LibreELEC yet?

I still love the idea of it Smile
(2017-09-25, 10:32)docwra Wrote:
(2015-08-30, 17:27)Tadly Wrote: So again...
No, this project is not dead, yes I haven't worked on it for a while (worked on other project though,
so I haven't been lazy) and yes, it looks like things are starting to gear up again Smile

Did this Add-on go anywhere in the end? Does it work on LibreELEC yet?

I still love the idea of it Smile

That's the core of my re-implementation -> https://github.com/linuxwhatelse/Picture...e/refactor
Sadly, I require OpenGL 3.2 which doesn't work with Kodi ?atm?.
This I only realized after I finished all of my implementation (the initial one, I have a lot of plans) and that left me a little gutted and demotivated right now Sad

As it stands I don't feel like backporting stuff to work with OpenGL 3.0 so.. yeah.. dunno.

I gotta figure something out before the new kodi version is released though as otherwise I myself am left without a visualization (due to binary addon api changes)
Try not to get demotivated, loads of us hoping to see it ported Smile

Imagine your viz all over the world in hi spec media centers of the rich and famous hehe
(2017-09-25, 13:14)docwra Wrote: Try not to get demotivated, loads of us hoping to see it ported Smile

Imagine your viz all over the world in hi spec media centers of the rich and famous hehe

Hehe. I'd rather not.
That'd just mean I'd have to do a lot of supporting and such which doesn't bode well with my laziness 'Big Grin

But in all seriousness.
I've been working on this project for literally years now while still not really understanding what I'm doing (opengl, sound-process etc.)
which is why progress was/is really slow.

I do want to see this project reaching a stable v1 release.
At least for linux/unix. Windows I will 110% not support for various reasons.

We'll see where this goes.
For now I'm busy writing myself a personal assistant though as I expect my matrix voice to arrive soon'ish Rolleyes
Will this help?

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/12841
(2017-09-27, 10:57)docwra Wrote: Will this help?

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/12841

You know what's funny?
The same day you asked about the progress, fernet pinged me on slack saying he's working on OGL 3.2 support (without having seen this thread).
Forgot to mention it here because I was super happy Smile

So yes, once his work is done, I can start on implementing an actual addon.
Here's hoping there aren't any more hurdles as big as the one's I already had to face. Smile
Code:
12:38:00.894 T:140085612194240 WARNING: Unable to resolve: visualization.pictureit.so ADDON_GetTypeVersion, reason: /home/gentoo/.kodi/addons/visualization.pictureit/visualization.pictureit.so: undefined symbol: ADDON_GetTypeVersion

Am i missing some library, should this add-on work with Kodi 18?
Nope, it shouldn't as the add-on interface changed with v18.
Right now I don't feel like updating it either, sorry.

I'll probably will update it once v18 is official but for the time being it just don't feel like it
Ok, thanks for info.

If there is some other quite simple low resource linux compatible music visualisation add-on for Kodi 18, tips are welcome.
(2015-11-12, 16:51)tadly Wrote:
(2015-11-12, 16:01)TheNinja Wrote: Thanks for the fast reply Smile
Oops, your're right it's the other way around: I'm using 32-Bit and it's a 64 Bit file:
ELF 64-bit LSB shared object, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked, BuildID[sha1]=eeefbfd1a3ff4d8d4902e61725cc9ea9e61659c0, not stripped
Yes I've used the linuxwhatelse repo.

Sure, no problem Smile

Hm... thought I could quickly build a 32-bit version but I can't get soil as 32-bit installed on my archlinux.
This will have to wait a little longer...

At least until I'm back home. Sorry :/

Can I get it 64 bit please
How can I disable this? It has screwed the player up.

I installed Picture It visualisation, and now I've lost control of the player. The screen is just flashing. I can't get into settings now to disable it.

Edit: Never mind. I went to add-ons and uninstalled it.
Hi @tadly thanks for this addon its pretty great. 

Can you please help me figure out whats going on with my tablet?
Its running Android 11 and Kodi 18.9
When the pictureit visualisation is active the music OSD is completely hidden and is never displayed, no matter what I do. (including using keyboard shortcuts).

My Wndows 10 Kodi 19 setup everything works as expected. 

Thank you
I can't edit my post above for some reason..

I'm having the same Broken (hidden) Music OSD problem on my other 3 android devices as well (Note 20 Ultra, Shield 2017, & Shield 2019.
I know this addon is intended for Linux but android is in the same family and it works for the most part. There has got to be a work-around somehow.

This visualization would be perfect for the tablet I installed in my Jeep and minimal enough to be safe while driving. I only intend on using a single image.

Thanks
I just love this Addon. Great work. I hope you keep developing it further. Really nice. Nod
very nice addon - great for changing your mood using different back ground folders.

some possible suggestions.
1 - more padding for the spectrum (i'd like to get it to the middle of the screen)
2 - Higher spectrum spiking
3 - option to pic a color for the spectrum
4 - color option that changes on low and high freq. (just a long shot suggestion)
5 - option to change the back ground opacity and optional color if possible.

anyway just some ideas - thanks

rider

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PictureIt - Kodi Visualization1