v15 Incomplete EPG
Hi everybody,

i´m new here and i hope somebody can help me to solve my problem. i have been using dvbviewer and kodi for watching live tv since approximately one year. Since the last weekend i have got problems with the epg. Some channels get the right epg when kodi starts and some channels shows "No Information".

i have attempted different ways to solve the problem.

several station searches in dvbviewer
data erase in the dvbivewer addon
deactivation of the addon

nothing works....

it would be great if someone can help me to solve the problem

here ist my Debug Log

http://pastebin.com/khsjEXMY

thanks

regarding

domi
The PVR fetches the EPG from the RS backend. Do you see EPG information in the recording service website?

According to your logs there's no EPG available. e.g:
Code:
18:12:45 T:796   DEBUG: EPG - EPG::CEpg::UpdateFromScraper - updating EPG for channel 'Sky Bundesliga 8' from client '17637'
18:12:45 T:796   DEBUG: CurlFile::Open(1372A890) http://127.0.0.1:8091/api/epg.html?lvl=2&channel=282046207426882&start=42240.675521&end=42272.675521
18:12:45 T:796    INFO: AddOnLog: DVBViewer Client: Loaded 0 EPG entries for channel 'Sky Bundesliga 8'
(2015-08-25, 18:43)manül Wrote: The PVR fetches the EPG from the RS backend. Do you see EPG information in the recording service website?

According to your logs there's no EPG available. e.g:
Code:
18:12:45 T:796   DEBUG: EPG - EPG::CEpg::UpdateFromScraper - updating EPG for channel 'Sky Bundesliga 8' from client '17637'
18:12:45 T:796   DEBUG: CurlFile::Open(1372A890) http://127.0.0.1:8091/api/epg.html?lvl=2&channel=282046207426882&start=42240.675521&end=42272.675521
18:12:45 T:796    INFO: AddOnLog: DVBViewer Client: Loaded 0 EPG entries for channel 'Sky Bundesliga 8'

The EPG in the RS Website is complete.
the channel in the part of the log above is not active at the moment.
i got problems with channels like pro7 HD or sixxHD for example. On this Channels the EPG is incomplete.
Please try resetting your EPG database (Settings -> Live TV -> General) + restart Kodi afterwards.
i have tried it. the same problem.
i found out that the problem is one entry in each channel in the epg which has no information. this entry may be in the past. the guide still shows no information although the entry is in the past. if i look in the timeline i see the right entry at the actual time. the problem is: in all channel which have the problem there is every day one entry with no information.

i think this is a general problem in the epg or the transfer from rs to kodi. i got several clients with kodi 15 each with the same problem.

intereseting is that the problem is appeared without any change in the setups.
Enable debug mode and clear the EPG database once again. Debug log will list start + end-time of each EPG entry. This should help to identify the wrong entry.
sorry for delayed answer.

(2015-08-27, 00:03)manül Wrote: Enable debug mode and clear the EPG database once again. Debug log will list start + end-time of each EPG entry. This should help to identify the wrong entry.

it seems the problem was solved by itself. i wanted to do your suggestion. as i started kodi today i had no entry with "no information". so if the problem appears next time i will post in this thread....

THANK YOU SO FAR

DOMI
Well maybe I can help....

For me it started yesterday and it still persists.
Let me see for a few days and else I'll do some logging here.
Well I've been testing for a while and I can conclude my problem is related to dvbviewer itself, not the add-on.
Can't help you out here.
Is there any solution for this? I'm frequently having the same problem: EPG information is missing, sometimes even whole channels are missing. It seems missing channels is related to missing EPG data, as I can still view those channels by turning on another channel and then manually moving up/down through the channels to the missing channel using the up/down keys, i.e. they just don't show up in the guide and channel list but actually are working properly, so I figure it's just missing data.

Any idea?
@jaochoo Kodi will hide channels without EPG data. It's kind of unexpected behavior but it's the way it is.

In case you can see EPG data in the dvbviewer webfrontend but Kodi doesn't load/display the entries, you need to start debugging. This thread lists enough information to get you going.
(2016-01-31, 18:24)manül Wrote: @jaochoo Kodi will hide channels without EPG data.

Fyi, for Jarvis, I changed the epg window behavior no longer to hide channels without epg data. ;-)

I'm not aware that Kodi hides channels with no epg data in the channel window, though.
(2016-02-01, 09:22)ksooo Wrote:
(2016-01-31, 18:24)manül Wrote: @jaochoo Kodi will hide channels without EPG data.

Fyi, for Jarvis, I changed the epg window behavior no longer to hide channels without epg data. ;-)
Great change. Thank you very much!

(2016-02-01, 09:22)ksooo Wrote: I'm not aware that Kodi hides channels with no epg data in the channel window, though.
Yep, only EPG window is/was affected.
(2016-02-01, 09:22)ksooo Wrote: Fyi, for Jarvis, I changed the epg window behavior no longer to hide channels without epg data. ;-)

I'm not aware that Kodi hides channels with no epg data in the channel window, though.

is there a possibility to hide channels without epg in jarvis??
like this case: I have set up the Sky Sport channels 1-11, most of the time channels 3-11 have no epg, so there is nothing to watch, just when champions league or so is played, there is something to watch...
There is no way to hide channels without epg in Jarvis.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Incomplete EPG0