Can't Reply to Private Message
Received a PM today that I tried to reply to, instead got the following................

You do not have permission to access this page. This could be because of one of the following reasons:

1. Your account has either been suspended or you have been banned from accessing this resource.
2. You do not have permission to access this page. Are you trying to access administrative pages or a resource that you shouldn't be? Check in the forum rules that you are allowed to perform this action.
3. Your account may still be awaiting activation or moderation. (Resend Activation Code)
4. You have accessed this page directly rather than using appropriate forms or link.

You are currently logged in with the username: 'Stoofer'

From reading other posts I know that other people are affected at times, If there is a proviso that a certain time has to pass or a user has to make a certain number of Forum Posts before being able to use this function could someone point me to that information please? I have checked the Forum Rules and there's no mention there.

Thank You.
Yes, it is mentioned multiple times in this forum. Your account needs to exist a certain amount of days and you need to have a certain amount of posts.
(2015-08-25, 21:24)Kib Wrote: Yes, it is mentioned multiple times in this forum. Your account needs to exist a certain amount of days and you need to have a certain amount of posts.
So almost a year is not enough? I used to be able to send messages but i'm getting the same issue now.
Both composing new messages as well as replying no longer works!
(2015-08-26, 21:47)Nilink Wrote: So almost a year is not enough? I used to be able to send messages but i'm getting the same issue now.
Both composing new messages as well as replying no longer works!

as Kib said:
(2015-08-25, 21:24)Kib Wrote: and you need to have a certain amount of posts.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2015-08-25, 21:24)Kib Wrote: and you need to have a certain amount of posts.

What is this "certain" amount?
I'll repeat i used to be able to send messages. Since when is this change if it isn't a bug
I Can now send messages so the amount of posts needed is 13 Posts for me. Either that or a mod fixed it after reading this Topic
it's 10 posts, but the permission will not apply instantly as it takes a cronjob to run to give the additional privileges
IMHO it seems contrary to the laws of any forum in internet , but I accept that and I adjusted.
We get pm spam from new accounts a lot.
(2015-08-28, 09:36)da-anda Wrote: it's 10 posts, but the permission will not apply instantly as it takes a cronjob to run to give the additional privileges

Good to know -- any estimate on how long before the cronjob runs to give the PM privileges?
Spamming every thread in sight to get your post count up is not exactly welcome though...
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't Reply to Private Message0