"Working" stuck onscreen during playback
Hello! 70% of the time, when I stream a video from my library "working" freezes and stays on the bottom right of my screen, and doesn't go away
Keyboard I put becomes unresponsive and this point and the only way to get out of it is to let the video finish, or if it has to buffer

Using a Asus chromebox with openelec
Any help is greatly appreciated

Log

http://goo.gl/Ypy17f
You are fully not supported here: http://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Forum_rul...ed_add-ons

Piracy is forbidden on these forums!
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I apologize, but my issue is not concerning piracy and persists when I play media from my own nas
I can record a new log while playing other media, if that makes a difference
I have the same problem with playing local files - usually when a video starts playing I get the "Working..." notification and the keyboard or RF remote is not responsive. The animation on the "Working..." notification is also frozen.

The notable exception is that I'm using the AutoSubs add-on, and when that pops up (because there are no subtitles available), then everything works fine.

When the player gets stuck with "Working..." the only thing that can break it out of there is if I connect using the mobile remote control and issue "Stop" or "Pause" (no other control works either, and neither "Stop" or "Pause" work with the connected keyboard or RF remote). If I start the same video again afterwards, it usually works fine.
Try temporarily disable vertical blank sync in Kodi settings.

I had two OSD issue, including this one, and after disabling the vertical blank I haven't seen either issue anymore.
So far seems to be working pretty well. Thanks for the tip.

I think the vertical blank is a good idea, but not having the OSD stuck is better :-)
I can confirm that disabling vertical blank sync has solved both my issues long term
I am having the same issue. Disabling Vertical Blank Sync does correct the problem. But when I disable Vertical Blank Sync, playing HSBS and HTAB mkv movies (3D) results in unacceptable video artifacts (tearing).

Is there a fix to have Vertical Blank Sync enabled that doesn't occasionally result in freezing in the "Working..." loop?
Thanks Drivesoslow. Disabling vertical sync or more precisely and maybe better usign the Let Driver Decide option has cured this long standing problem with me too. Wish I had searched and looked here before as been tryign for weeks to find a solution for this. I just knew it was going to be something little and easy that was causing this annoying problem.
Cheers
Raymw

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Working" stuck onscreen during playback1