Solved Amlogic: zoomed or not fullscreen picture
I do not know the exact steps involved, but your box is a popular one and there should be a good deal of information out there about replacement firmware for it, and how to install it.
Will this work on AFTV stick? I have a screen that is cut off all around the edges and when streaming a movie it is black all around and a small picture?
I am beginner to this, how do I download and install the fix please? I have an M8 android.
I have 2 identical android boxes, one in the front room and one in the kitchen. I was having the same problem with the one in the kitchen with the video picture only being about a quarter of the screen, but the box in the front room had no problems at all. I swapped both boxes around and the problem stayed with the box that I moved from the kitchen to the front room, but the box I moved from the front room to the kitchen stayed fine. I returned both boxes to their original places and turned both on to compare the settings. The only difference I could find was on the settings tab on the main menu as u turn the boxes on. (ie before u go into Kodi). The box in the front room had a display setting of 720p - 60hz under the HDMI auto-detection tab. The problem box in the kitchen had a display of 1080p - 60hz. I changed the display setting on the box in the kitchen to match that of the box in the front room (720p - 60hz) and the problem was solved. The video picture was now full screen. Smile Hope this might help a few of u who are having this problem. Rgds Orm
OMG!! I've been looking for a Fix / Update for this issue and it looks like you fixed it. Thank you Very Much!! I appreciate it.
(2015-09-17, 22:40)Ormski Wrote: I have 2 identical android boxes, one in the front room and one in the kitchen. I was having the same problem with the one in the kitchen with the video picture only being about a quarter of the screen, but the box in the front room had no problems at all. I swapped both boxes around and the problem stayed with the box that I moved from the kitchen to the front room, but the box I moved from the front room to the kitchen stayed fine. I returned both boxes to their original places and turned both on to compare the settings. The only difference I could find was on the settings tab on the main menu as u turn the boxes on. (ie before u go into Kodi). The box in the front room had a display setting of 720p - 60hz under the HDMI auto-detection tab. The problem box in the kitchen had a display of 1080p - 60hz. I changed the display setting on the box in the kitchen to match that of the box in the front room (720p - 60hz) and the problem was solved. The video picture was now full screen. Smile Hope this might help a few of u who are having this problem. Rgds Orm

Sorry, but it doesn't help anyone. If you had read the first post in this thread you would see this thread is for telling people about a newer version where the problem is fixed in Kodi itself.
(2015-09-18, 04:57)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2015-09-17, 22:40)Ormski Wrote: I have 2 identical android boxes, one in the front room and one in the kitchen. I was having the same problem with the one in the kitchen with the video picture only being about a quarter of the screen, but the box in the front room had no problems at all. I swapped both boxes around and the problem stayed with the box that I moved from the kitchen to the front room, but the box I moved from the front room to the kitchen stayed fine. I returned both boxes to their original places and turned both on to compare the settings. The only difference I could find was on the settings tab on the main menu as u turn the boxes on. (ie before u go into Kodi). The box in the front room had a display setting of 720p - 60hz under the HDMI auto-detection tab. The problem box in the kitchen had a display of 1080p - 60hz. I changed the display setting on the box in the kitchen to match that of the box in the front room (720p - 60hz) and the problem was solved. The video picture was now full screen. Smile Hope this might help a few of u who are having this problem. Rgds Orm

Sorry, but it doesn't help anyone. If you had read the first post in this thread you would see this thread is for telling people about a newer version where the problem is fixed in Kodi itself.

I did read the first post but I am running Kodi Jarvis so its not fixed in newer versions.
(2015-09-18, 09:44)Ormski Wrote: I did read the first post but I am running Kodi Jarvis so its not fixed in newer versions.

Should definitely be. debug log (wiki) welcome
This fixes my Matricom g box Q. I'm so happy.
Thanks so much for posting this update. It has worked and i can stop tearing my hair out now...
Hello, new member and the first post here.

I have couple of those cheapo ***** generic Aliexpress/ebay Amlogic boxes

MXQ S805: No issues with Kodi 15.1

MXV S805: Kodi 15.1, video windowed on top left corner. HDMI output on box 1080p, shows 1280x720 on Kodi. Workaround is to set HDMI output to 720p OR disable Amcodec. 15.2rc2 FIXED THE ISSUE. KODI SHOWS CORRECT TV BOX OUTPUT RESOLUTION OF 1920X1080.

M8S (s812) KODI 15.1, on my 1080p tv no issues. On my 720p projector Kodi shows resolution as 1920x1080 and the video is zoomed. Workaround is to disable Amcoded. 15.2rc2 FIXED THE ISSUE. KODI SHOWS CORRECT TV BOX OUTPUT RESOLUTION OF 1280x720.

Q8 RK3288 Kodi crashes to desktop every time I jump the video forward or back. Same with all Kodi 15 revisions. Workaround is to disable all hardware acceleration. Never tried 14.

I am fairly newbie with these but it seems Kodi and Android codecs do not get along very well for some reason.
My MXQ Amlogic S805 was playing videos in the top left corner of the screen on 15.1. Changing the output on the box to 720 was a workaround.

The 15.2 RC2 fixed it and now it plays full screen with the box set to 1080.
(2015-10-08, 15:56)SkullGus Wrote: Changing the output on the box to 720 was a workaround.

How did you change this setting, where?
In the MBOX's settings under display.

http://imgur.com/ptpZFcC

Although installing the 15.2 RC2 via the link in the original post allowed me go back to 1080. Did you try that?
(2015-10-10, 15:38)SkullGus Wrote: In the MBOX's settings under display.

http://imgur.com/ptpZFcC

Although installing the 15.2 RC2 via the link in the original post allowed me go back to 1080. Did you try that?

Thanks, you're right.
I installed 15.2 rc3 and it's ok now.
But I have another problem now - amlogic library makes avi file playback choppy over smb!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amlogic: zoomed or not fullscreen picture3