Linux Help installing kodi in linux mint
Hello i am a newbee in linux mint, i read the instructions and the commands about installing kodi in my operating system but it can't connect to the repositories. When i try to install an add-on says: "couldn't connect to the server". A friend of mine has the same problem with me running ubuntu. Please anyone can help step by step. I am searching forums all day long and i can't find something similar...
Is it Kodi itself or the addons that you're having problems with?

IIRC, Mint screws up the repository name when you add it - it puts in the Mint distro name (e.g. Rafaela) when it should use the base Ubuntu name (14.04 LTS, so Trusty). You need to check /etc/apt/sources.list and the files below /etc/apt/sources.list.d to see what needs changing, if that's the issue.
I guess, and maybe I'm wrong, he's talking about installing addons and not Kodi in general.

So if it is a problem with addons, please tell us about which addons and repositories you are talking about. And please be aware we don't support repositories which are on that list: http://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Forum_rul...ed_add-ons
Hi no only official repositories. The problem is that when i'm connecting to a different router i can download add-ons. So do i have to do port forwarding?
No, fix your other router.
wild guess: kodi starts before your network is up. Make sure this doesn't happen.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help installing kodi in linux mint0