Unable to view pictures via upnp
Hi,

I'm trying to view pictures via upnp, I'm using serviio have also tried upnpbubble with the same results.

I can see thumbnails but the screen just goes blank when I try to view full screen.

Is this a bug and if so is their a fix in the pipeline

Thanks
Check the DLNA/UPnP server side config and see if it has wrongly assigned a profile to the IP address of whatever is running Kodi.

That sometimes happens and can break playback, if it is using a generic profile you could try and see if it has an Kodi (or XBMC) profile in it's list.

You could also disable transcoding in Serviio as it shouldn't be necessary with Kodi as the server might be trying to transcode the content.
The Pictures section does not have a Library and UPNP sharing pictures (BMP, PNG, GIF and JPG and RAW-files) isn't implemented.

Workaround:
Create a video source and use that folder for UPNP.

In XBMC go to :
Videos > Files and tap on Add videos...
Navigate to the Photos ( Pictures ) folder on your network.
On Add Video source window, select OK.
On Set content window , select None and then OK.

If pictures are slow, keep the number of pics in your folders as minimal as possible.
Robotica:
I've added the same source under videos, the images would flash up real quickly and then go back to the menu. I tried the same thing under music and the same thing happened although the images did display on the screen a little longer.

I could not find the content window you made reference to, I also deselected auto play next file and this made no difference.

Do you know what I'm doing wrong?

I don't really understand why a library is required, because the library is on the upnp server and kodi should pulling the information from there, it's almost like it's timing out. I guess having a local library makes gui response etc quicker / smoother.

Do you know if this issue has a ticket or is being worked on?

Starstream:
I tried looking that these settings and it did not make a real difference.

Although at one point I did manage to see full image information (right click, select image information) and bring up the pictures. But I was unable to recreate it.
searched to find other upnp issues have been listed for fixing, but not this particular problem.

I don't like raising issues for fixing unless i'm running the latest release/patch, So i will install that.

It appears i've been able to resolve the problem by installing 15.2 beta, not sure when its being released officially but the release notes indicate changes in the why the databases are processed. There's also ~180 other bug fixes in it including one ref to upnp. And i have seen one screen messages show database actions when navigating the pictures menu.

Can anyone else confirm they have seen to same results as i have?

P.S. I'm running KODI on windows 7 and Raspberry pi OSMC derivative of KODI (had to search for updates manual on OSMC) and have now got both systems working, fingers crossed that it stays that way ;-)

If anyone's using serviio, I've used the generic profile which does not do any transcoding, thus making it perfect for KODI etc.
I just checked pictures over UPnP/DLNA and get the same result, I'm pretty sure in the past pics worked via upnp (it's been a long while since I last looked) and if its fixed in betas then it's a bug in the official release.

Kodi was built in mind with scanning network shares or HDD's for content then building it's media library around that, UPnP/DLNA works differently building it's media library on a central server then sharing that to other clients.

DLNA media servers like Serviio build their library but it can only be browsed via the files menu of Kodi rather than Kodi's own dedicated movies/tv section as the Kodi media library scanner cannot read the files names of the DLNA server, typically they are just database entries if you look at the source. Thats why UPnP/DLNA servers don't interface with Kodi though there are some mods out there I think, Emby which is a DLNA server has an Emby plugin for Kodi.
Bad news, broken again or should I say still not working correctly.

When loading KODI and going straight to picture and browse the upnp server works most of the time, this is because KODI nearly always scans the upnp server at this point in time. Unfortunately then changing to music or video to play media from there then breaks the scanned library from the pictures menu, KODI does not recan and until it does it just shows blank a blank screen again. what makes it even more annoying is quitting an restarting KODI at this point in time does not always fix the issue because it does not always scan at this point, ODD.

Moderators, I believe this thread should be moved to "Kodi pre-15.2 Isengard testing"

again can anyone confirm if they are getting the same results.

Starstream,

Thanks for your comments, I've looked at emby (It has some nice features) but currently I'm getting the same results. I've looked for a plugin for KODI but could not find one.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unable to view pictures via upnp0