TV signal going off and on
Hi
I was not sure where to post this. I have read in the past the boxes with kodi on TV signal going off and on randomly. I have found out why by accident as it was driving me nuts.
It's interference from my heating also washing machine and maybe other appliances.
As I was walking into the room I noticed it started going off and on just as I noticed the heating click on.
I have tested it since when the washing machines on and it happens when ever these go off and on.

Sorry I don't have a fix yet I was thinking maybe foil could be put around the box?
Making sure if its on the inside its not touching anything or blocking any vents.

I just wanted to pass this on in case others have the same problem
I think you're misplacing the blame here. Frankly, you would need a relatively tremendous amount of EM interference to mess with the signal going from the box to the TV.
It is more likely you have badly engineered electrical systems, and have all this equipment on the same group.
Poltergeist!

*plays spooky music*
Poltergeist indeed,
I recently thought I had one of those lurking in my house.
I still have a chipped and modded xbox in my setup which was randomly turning itself on,I first put it down to forgetful drunkenness,
this happened a few times,(even on a sober evening).
Finally I caught the evil imp in action,Id been scratching my head wondering why my Freesat box had also been misbehaving.
The penny dropped,I had recently added a BT Vision box to the setup and the remote for it was messing with the IR signals.
At least I hope thats the cause.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV signal going off and on0