Scan movie library / Multiple CDs
Hello, I have a problem that I cant seem to fix on my own. Dont know if Im doing it wrong or if something in Kodi is broken. I have 15.1

Example on folder structure:
DVDRip - Set content to movies, check "movies are in separate folders that match the movie title" and "scan recursively".
God.Of.Gamblers
CD1
CD2

I have other movies in the DVDRip folder and at first it scans the movie folders like God.Of.Gamblers
But the problem is that after its done it also scans CD1 and CD2 and it matches CD1 as a movie.
This means I get two God of Gamblers in the library. First I get the whole movie, and then it also shows CD1.
I have also tried to go into settings and check "combine video files" and then clean library and scan again. But even if the file is shown as one file in video folder, its still scans and add movie folder and CD1 in the library.

I remeber I had this problem years ago with several CDs and it added CD1 and CD2 to library. But then Im pretty sure this solved my problem

Quote:<moviestacking action="append">
<!-- This expression will match movename1-xvid.avi, moviename2-xvid.avi.
Be warned that it will likely stack sequels in a flat directory layout,
so it is only recommend in a dir-per-video layout. -->
<regexp>(.*?)([ ._-]*[0-9])(.*?)(\.[^.]+)$</regexp>
</moviestacking>

Now it doesnt matter if I have this in advancesettings.xml or not. Cant understand why it scans the movie like it should and adds the whole movie. But then also adds CD1 as a movie?
The problem I had years ago if I remeber correctly it didnt add the whole movie but CD1 and CD2 seperatly. But like I said, the moviestacking above fixed it.
Here is a Debug Log of the scanning: http://goo.gl/kQk5rO
Bump
Can't see any log on your URL.

What, exactly, are the movie file names?

If it was me I would get rid of your two CD1 and CD2 sub-folders and just put the two parts side by side for KODI to sort out for you.

\films\God Of Gamblers\god.of.gamblers.part1.mkv
\films\God Of Gamblers\god.of.gamblers.part2.mkv

FAQ Page: http://kodi.wiki/view/File_stacking#Spli...tacking.29
I have a similar but different issues.

I have

Name.part1.mkv
Name.part2.mkv

Kodi 15.2 detected it correctly and showing as one single movie, it even merged it during playback.

However i also have

Name.part1.srt
Name.part2.srt

The subtitle is working correctly for part1 but not part2, how do i fix this?

Thanks.
(2015-09-20, 20:11)chchia Wrote: I have a similar but different issues.

I have

Name.part1.mkv
Name.part2.mkv

Kodi 15.2 detected it correctly and showing as one single movie, it even merged it during playback.

However i also have

Name.part1.srt
Name.part2.srt

The subtitle is working correctly for part1 but not part2, how do i fix this?

Thanks.
I have no idea on this one. Assuming you have double checked the file names are exact.

When in the second part of the movie, what happens if you click on the Subtitles menu? Can you then select the second part subs that way?

What about if you use file mode to navigate to Name.part2.mkv and start playing that? Do the subs then load correctly?

This sounds like a bug to me. May be worth making a new post instead of hijacking this one. Make a post with a title like "Subtitles not working in a two part video" or something like that. Should draw people in with more experience with the subs.
Hi, I tested to put the two files in same folder and of course this solved it. But it didnt solve my problem.
I did however also test to unpack and put the files separate in CD1 and CD2 folder and then it didnt add both full and half movie in the library. So it would seem that this have something to do with that it is a rar archive.

I dont know if this problem ever is going to be solved. Because it has been like this sinse I stared using Xbmc many years ago. And my sulotion in first post doesnt work anymore. But I noticed when I had rar DVDRip movies with CD1 and CD2 that if I just set content to CD1 manually and check to ignore folder during scan. Then it just adds the whole movie in library and not also one of the CDs.
I don't keep my movies in RAR files, so can't really comment any further. Apart from to ask - how much space are you actually saving with RAR on video files? Is there actually much point with the compression most videos already get.

I guess the problems are occurring due to the way the RARs are unpacked separately in a temp folder when scanned, meaning it won't be next to its part 1 so the scanner does not know to merge to videos into one item.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scan movie library / Multiple CDs0