• 6(current)
Release HGTV Video Addon
Hi there seems to be a problem, half of folders do not open the ones that do not open are:
House hunters renovation
House hunters international
Property brothers
Property brothers buying and selling
Flea market flip
Flip or flop
tiny house big living
Caribbean life (it has a different thumbnail with a cabin in the woods)
hawaii life
Island hunters

In general this is normal and it only takes a day to get sorted out but now its been like this for around 2 days its the same problem with the DIY addon hope this feedback helps cheers
mutagen,

check the website for those shows. Do they work from the website?
The pattern that I see with these websites is that they add/delete shows on the websites every 3-4 months, usually at the end of a month. It takes a week or 10 days for the site to fill-in content. Let's keep an eye on this and see if the content becomes available. Too many times I've jumped to make add-on changes before the content settles down and later regret it.
Update: Just checked HGTV content, more than half that were reported empty in post #76 now have content.
(2016-11-02, 17:40)learningit Wrote: The pattern that I see with these websites is that they add/delete shows on the websites every 3-4 months, usually at the end of a month. It takes a week or 10 days for the site to fill-in content. Let's keep an eye on this and see if the content becomes available. Too many times I've jumped to make add-on changes before the content settles down and later regret it.
Update: Just checked HGTV content, more than half that were reported empty in post #76 now have content.

Thanks, it has started to sort itself out
I tried the HGTV addon with the latest Kodi beta (v17 beta 5) and it is not working (no video is shown).

Is this a known problem and will you update the plugin before kodi 17 is released? Otherwise I have to wait with the Kodi update.

Thanks
Does anyone get issues where this buffers for long periods at random?
I assumed it was wifi vs direct connection, as it seems a greater problem on the wifi, but it hits random on the connected box as well.
Just making sure before I get a range extender.

Thanks!
(2016-11-02, 17:40)learningit Wrote: The pattern that I see with these websites is that they add/delete shows on the websites every 3-4 months, usually at the end of a month. It takes a week or 10 days for the site to fill-in content. Let's keep an eye on this and see if the content becomes available. Too many times I've jumped to make add-on changes before the content settles down and later regret it.

Of all the show categories, only The Property Brothers at home, Fixer Upper, and Flea Market Flip, are available right now. All the other categories (Property Brothers, Love It or List It, etc) are gone now - not even an empty list is displayed, it simply doesn't even go inside that folder. I can see the missing shows on the website, though.
(2016-12-05, 21:34)Adunatar Wrote:

Of all the show categories, only The Property Brothers at home, Fixer Upper, and Flea Market Flip, are available right now. All the other categories (Property Brothers, Love It or List It, etc) are gone now - not even an empty list is displayed, it simply doesn't even go inside that folder. I can see the missing shows on the website, though.

I'm getting really tired of explaining this every month. The content changes and it takes time for the content provider to fill in new episodes. Today as I check the website, every single show you list above as not having content has the number 0 next to the video count, that means there is no content. If there is no content, there are no shows to display. If I have to explain this again, I'm going to mark the add-on broken and remove it from the repo. Go back and count how many times I have explained this.
(2016-12-05, 22:17)learningit Wrote: ... snip ... Today as I check the website, every single show you list above as not having content has the number 0 next to the video count, that means there is no content. ... snip ...

(2016-11-02, 17:40)learningit Wrote: ... snip ...Just checked HGTV content, more than half that were reported empty in post #76 now have content.

Shows can either have content, or no content. Not trying to call you up on anything, but these two replies left me confused, and if that's how inquiries were answered before, I'm not surprised that people are still asking the same question. Also, there was a possibility that my issue was different from mutagen's, and I was trying to eliminate that. But it doesn't sound like there could be a productive conversation, given your attitude, so good day to you, sir.
(2016-12-05, 22:38)Adunatar Wrote:
(2016-12-05, 22:17)learningit Wrote: ... snip ... Today as I check the website, every single show you list above as not having content has the number 0 next to the video count, that means there is no content. ... snip ...

(2016-11-02, 17:40)learningit Wrote: ... snip ...Just checked HGTV content, more than half that were reported empty in post #76 now have content.

Shows can either have content, or no content. Not trying to call you up on anything, but these two replies left me confused, and if that's how inquiries were answered before, I'm not surprised that people are still asking the same question. Also, there was a possibility that my issue was different from mutagen's, and I was trying to eliminate that. But it doesn't sound like there could be a productive conversation, given your attitude, so good day to you, sir.

I think as users we have to be more grateful for the addon developers for their time and effort to maintain the addon free of charge out of the personal time.

Before reporting issues with any addons, I would always check on the original website to see if there's issues there or if there's any contents, if there are issues on the site or there's no content there there's really no issues with the addon and as users it's best not to ask the developer to look into something. You may be asking the question for only the first time, but to learningit he may have already said the same thing 10+ times.

I'd hate to see the addons being abandoned (which a lot has already) because of constant user complaints and questions which are out of the developer's control. I can't stress enough that none of the developers have any obligations to the users, they're simply trying to share something out with the rest of the community so we can all enjoy the benefits.
As a new Kodi user, I was wondering why certain programs did not show. A simple search showed up this thread and going to the end showed what the problem was. If new users would simply do a search before asking a question a lot of repeats would be resolved.

Learningig; I do understand you frustration, as a retired database developer I used to go through the same thing with my users. I used to get quite frustrated as well. I do hope you will take deep breath and maybe step back from this add-on. My wife and I would hate to see this Add-on be discontinued. We do appreciate your time and efforts developing this add-on.
(2016-11-05, 01:53)McButton Wrote: Does anyone get issues where this buffers for long periods at random?
I assumed it was wifi vs direct connection, as it seems a greater problem on the wifi, but it hits random on the connected box as well.
Just making sure before I get a range extender.

Thanks!

I was having a similar issue with just about all the add-ons, After doing some research I found this http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Modify%20th...eo%20cache. I set up an AdvanceSettings file as described then played around with buffer setting. I used Example 4 as my starting point. This has seemed to fix the problem.
Thanks!
-----------------------------
Anyone having issues with HGTV/DIY add-ons populating content? Upon click, nothing happens anymore (addon doesn't open). This started today on all devices. It appears the sites are operating fine.

Ideas?
V3.0.7 fixes the website changes
A pull request has been made for the kodi.org repo. The add-on should update in a few days
(2016-12-15, 06:47)learningit Wrote: V3.0.7 fixes the website changes
A pull request has been made for the kodi.org repo. The add-on should update in a few days

Thanks.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HGTV Video Addon1