• 9(current)
Release HGTV Video Addon
Letting yo know its working again
EDIT:  This post is no longer relevant and has been edited because it has been superceded by HGTV 3.0.13.

PROBLEM:

Recently I discovered that the HGTV 3.0.12 video add-on stopped listing episodes for Property Brothers and Fixer Upper. Meanwhile other shows continued to list episodes and played properly.

FIX:

The following steps assume that you have the HGTV 3.0.12 video add-on already installed on your Kodi computer.

<snip>
A pull request for version 3.0.13 has been issued to the kodi.org repo. The add-on should update in a few days.
Thank you @learningit for fixing this and more video add-ons in the official repository.  I can confirm that HGTV v3.0.13 works on my RPi3 with LE 8.2.5.
Version 4.0.0 released to Kodi v19 repo.
PLEASE NOTE: This add-on is native Py3 and will only run on Kodi v19 or above.
This addon stopped working this week. Running 3.0.13 on LibreELEC9.2.4/Kodi18.8. I get the following error on launch;

2020-09-15 16:21:37.079 T:1432904576 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<-- - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeDecodeError'>
Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xe2 in position 164: ordinal not in range(128)
Traceback (most recent call last): File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.hgtv/default.py", line 12, in <module> ma.processAddonEvent()
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.t1mlib/lib/t1mlib.py", line 231, in processAddonEvent if mode== None: self.procDir(self.getAddonMenu, p('url'), 'files', 'default_view')
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.t1mlib/lib/t1mlib.py", line 156, in procDir ilist = dirFunc(url, ilist) File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.hgtv/resources/lib/scraper.py", line 49, in getAddonMenu infoList['Plot'] = h.unescape(plot)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/HTMLParser.py", line 476, in unescape File "/usr/lib/python2.7/re.py", line 155, in sub
UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xe2 in position 164: ordinal not in range(128) -->End of Python script error report<--
Firstly, please do not post log snippets, they're pretty useless and just clutter support pages. Always post a full debug log to something like pastebin.com and post the link here in the forum.

Secondly, I'm not really supporting my add-ons on any Kodi version lower than v19 (Matrix) these days. Too much work to maintain multiple Python versions. If you upgrade to Matrix you'll find almost all my add-ons working under Python 3.
(2020-09-16, 02:03)learningit Wrote: Firstly, please do not post log snippets, they're pretty useless and just clutter support pages. Always post a full debug log to something like pastebin.com and post the link here in the forum.

Secondly, I'm not really supporting my add-ons on any Kodi version lower than v19 (Matrix) these days. Too much work to maintain multiple Python versions. If you upgrade to Matrix you'll find almost all my add-ons working under Python 3.

Sorry for posting the snippet, I thought it might be easier than wading through the whole log file. Since Matrix is still an alpha release I don't think I'll be going that way for a while yet, Thanks anyway, I've enjoyed the add-on.
(2020-09-16, 02:03)learningit Wrote: Firstly, please do not post log snippets, they're pretty useless and just clutter support pages. Always post a full debug log to something like pastebin.com and post the link here in the forum.

Thank you very much for all your hard work!  By your second statement, can I assume that HGTV is supposed to be working in Matrix?  I'm running Beta 2 right now, and HGTV isn't listed in the add-ons when I try to "Get more."
I tried downloading the HGTV plugin zip directly from Kodi's add-on page, but upon installation, I see a warning that says, "The HGTV add-on is no longer supported."
Is that because I'm installing an old version on top of Matrix, or is development for this add-on actually stopped?
If there is a link to HGTV for Matrix, may I have it?  The links in your first post of this thread are dead.
Unfortunately Food network, DIY, HGTV, Travel channels are all going to a new streaming service which is fee based. As far as I can see there are no free videos available for those channels any longer.
(2021-01-09, 01:00)learningit Wrote: Unfortunately Food network, DIY, HGTV, Travel channels are all going to a new streaming service which is fee based. As far as I can see there are no free videos available for those channels any longer.
That's too bad.  Well thank you for all the years of fun we had with HGTV.  You're our hero!
(2021-01-09, 01:00)learningit Wrote: Unfortunately Food network, DIY, HGTV, Travel channels are all going to a new streaming service which is fee based. As far as I can see there are no free videos available for those channels any longer.
thanks for all your work
Hi, If possible, do you have the name of the streaming service, I wont mind subscribing if their prices are decent.
(2021-02-22, 12:18)Turbulance Wrote:
Hi, If possible, do you have the name of the streaming service, I wont mind subscribing if their prices are decent.

Discovery+ is the service. There is a kodi addon thread here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=340055
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HGTV Video Addon1