• 6(current)
Release Mimic 3.x for Jarvis
(2015-11-06, 13:12)smiffy1989 Wrote: Just tested and PVR works as expected in Aeon Nox (from Git f361a21). Think that will help you work out what needs to be changed?
I took a look, but no idea what it takes for fullscreen video info to show up when pressing up/down. Someone that is more familiar with the PVR section is likely going to need to submit a pull request for this one.
(2015-11-06, 18:00)braz Wrote:
(2015-11-06, 16:28)spursgalea Wrote:
(2015-11-06, 04:07)braz Wrote: What is the source of the video you are playing? Local or from an addon? I will test again, but as far as I know this should be working.
Hi thanks for the reply it's from a addon. I am using the latest Jarvis nightly
Hmm, I see what you mean, just tested with a video from the 9gag.tv addon. In Insengard it is treated like an episode and shows the plot, in Jarvis it is treated like a file and only shows the thumb and title. Will investigate...

Just checked, the code says the plot should display if the video player content is reported as movie, tvshow, episode, etc. Apparently that's not happening in Jarvis, though, and it's falling back to just display the title. Just pushed a change that removes all of the VideoPlayer.Content() visibility conditions. This means you will now see the plot, but the thumb will be scaled.
thanks where do I get the update I have checked for updates but I have no new update
(2015-11-06, 22:47)spursgalea Wrote:
(2015-11-06, 18:00)braz Wrote:
(2015-11-06, 16:28)spursgalea Wrote: Hi thanks for the reply it's from a addon. I am using the latest Jarvis nightly
Hmm, I see what you mean, just tested with a video from the 9gag.tv addon. In Insengard it is treated like an episode and shows the plot, in Jarvis it is treated like a file and only shows the thumb and title. Will investigate...

Just checked, the code says the plot should display if the video player content is reported as movie, tvshow, episode, etc. Apparently that's not happening in Jarvis, though, and it's falling back to just display the title. Just pushed a change that removes all of the VideoPlayer.Content() visibility conditions. This means you will now see the plot, but the thumb will be scaled.
thanks where do I get the update I have checked for updates but I have no new update
The update is only on github right now, link is in the first post. You would need to manually install. Or wait for me to submit the latest to the Kodi repo, which may not be for another week or two.
(2015-11-06, 22:59)braz Wrote:
(2015-11-06, 22:47)spursgalea Wrote:
(2015-11-06, 18:00)braz Wrote: Hmm, I see what you mean, just tested with a video from the 9gag.tv addon. In Insengard it is treated like an episode and shows the plot, in Jarvis it is treated like a file and only shows the thumb and title. Will investigate...

The update is only on github right now, link is in the first post. You would need to manually install. Or wait for me to submit the latest to the Kodi repo, which may not be for another week or two.
it's fixed now thank you
(2015-11-06, 23:52)spursgalea Wrote: I went to your forgiveness and it's fixed now thank you
No problem, let me know if you find any other issues. I spend most of my time working on another skin mod, so I haven't been using Mimic much lately.
(2015-11-07, 00:11)braz Wrote:
(2015-11-06, 23:52)spursgalea Wrote: I went to your forgiveness and it's fixed now thank you
No problem, let me know if you find any other issues. I spend most of my time working on another skin mod, so I haven't been using Mimic much lately.
OK will.its a great skin if I can help by bring up issues I will keep up the great work
(2015-11-06, 17:44)braz Wrote:
(2015-11-06, 11:52)Fist Wrote:
(2015-11-06, 04:07)braz Wrote: Just to clarify, are you trying export settings from one Mimic version, and import them into another? Because this won't work, too much has changed between 2.x and 3.x. I recently switched Mimic 3 to use the skin.helper.script for import/export skin settings. Please make sure you have that script installed and test Mimic 3.x again. Thanks!

No. For Mimic 3 (running on Amazon Fire TV 2, with OS 5 based on Android Lollipop), although the export reports success and creates a text file, it only contains these two characters:

[]

For what it's worth, I have successfully imported a backup from Mimic 2 to Mimic 3, but it's a very basic configuration.
Are you sure you are running the latest Mimic 3 from github and have skin.helper.service installed? Skin settings export in Mimic 3 is working correctly here. Also, you won't be able to export from v2 and import into v3 anymore, even for basic configurations. They now use different methods for import/export.

If it's still not working after updating, please post a debug log.

No, I have the repository release and I can't see any skin.helper.service. I'll try again when you update. Thanks.
hello just find something weird but this "bug" is not alway displayed, sometimes the view in my library got back to list view but it is not the view I selected...As I say this does not happen everytime...I'm on one of the newest Jarvis version...
Anyway, thanks for this skin, really smooth and simple to use!
cheers

edit: speaking about views just a little request to give advanced launcher more views, that would be great!
(2015-11-07, 11:04)Fist Wrote: No, I have the repository release and I can't see any skin.helper.service. I'll try again when you update. Thanks.
Yeah, I recently switched it to the skin.helper.service. Planning on submitting the latest to the repo tomorrow.

(2015-11-07, 23:11)bakito Wrote: hello just find something weird but this "bug" is not alway displayed, sometimes the view in my library got back to list view but it is not the view I selected...As I say this does not happen everytime...I'm on one of the newest Jarvis version...
Anyway, thanks for this skin, really smooth and simple to use!
cheers

edit: speaking about views just a little request to give advanced launcher more views, that would be great!
The skin doesn't remember the views, that something Kodi does. Are you saying it reverts back to List view in your local library, or in a video addon? Because video addons might default to whatever view is set by the addon.

Not sure when I'll have time to look at Advanced Launcher. Pull requests are welcome though. Smile
Well it happens with add on ( but this I'm used to) but with my local library too...Sad
I'll will check further my set up once I'm at home...
thanks for your answers...
Just updated itself and everything broke! Half my menu items are missing. Reverted to the 3.0 and it's back to normal.

Help!
(2015-11-09, 21:44)Fist Wrote: Just updated itself and everything broke! Half my menu items are missing. Reverted to the 3.0 and it's back to normal.

Help!
See first post, menus/widgets etc will need to be setup again.
(2015-11-09, 21:48)braz Wrote:
(2015-11-09, 21:44)Fist Wrote: Just updated itself and everything broke! Half my menu items are missing. Reverted to the 3.0 and it's back to normal.

Help!

Ah, I missed the release number. Thanks.

Now that I have it all set back up again, how do I export the backup? There's no entry under Advanced and Script.Toolbox exports an empty file.

I notice it didn't install script.skin.helper.service. Do I need to install it separately? I couldn't find it in the Kodi repo.
(2015-11-10, 13:40)Fist Wrote:
(2015-11-09, 21:48)braz Wrote:

Help!

Ah, I missed the release number. Thanks.

Now that I have it all set back up again, how do I export the backup? There's no entry under Advanced and Script.Toolbox exports an empty file.

I notice it didn't install script.skin.helper.service. Do I need to install it separately? I couldn't find it in the Kodi repo.
The import/export settings only show up if you have skin.helper.service installed. It's on the repo now, I'm not sure what category it's in though. Maybe I need to add it as a requirement in addon.xml.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mimic 3.x for Jarvis3